Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neck Collar mod
- hollow out the mesh section with exacto knife
- then use heat/cold technique to reshape the collar to the position you want. I like it all the way up cover the hair a bit
customneckcollarmod0204131_zps5164a9cb.jpg

Mesh wrap
- custom made a mesh sock to go over the bottom part of the neck
- wear the collar over the mesh cover

customneckcollarmod0204136_zpsa999cefe.jpg

customneckcollarmod0204132_zps18cfe9d9.jpg

complete
- the modification is so subtle, but i just want the real mesh to be in there and cover the joint while wearing the collar higher
customneckcollarmod0204135_zpsc313bd29.jpg

Looks great Tony! :clap

Did the squint mod and here's the pic as promised.

IMG_1190_zps01cc65b8.jpg

Amazeballs! :rock

yours is my favorite looking Bats so far man! really great work!

Amazeballs! :rock

yours is my favorite looking Bats so far man! really great work!

No way! :panic: That is a big compliment coming from you especially since I used your DX12 with sculpted eyelids for reference also. The one in the first age of this thread.

Thanks man! :hi5:

No way! :panic: That is a big compliment coming from you especially since I used your DX12 with sculpted eyelids for reference also. The one in the first age of this thread.

Thanks man! :hi5:

cheers brother :duff:

I think you got the lids just right. Some ppls squint looks a little too flat if you get my meaning. kind of like this =.=

again great work and very resourceful too with the liquid nail stuff

cheers brother :duff:

I think you got the lids just right. Some ppls squint looks a little too flat if you get my meaning. kind of like this =.=

again great work and very resourceful too with the liquid nail stuff

Thanks. I know what you mean. That's why I put my eyelids on top and made it curved how it already was. I just basically lowered where the top part was to make the eyeballs smaller.

Thanks. I know what you mean. That's why I put my eyelids on top and made it curved how it already was. I just basically lowered where the top part was to make the eyeballs smaller.
:exactly:
that's exactly what i did. well almost but i did both the top and bottom lids.:lol i was using a still from the interrogation scene and that's what it looked like to me. same shape that HT made them just needed to be closer together

:exactly:
that's exactly what i did. well almost but i did both the top and bottom lids.:lol i was using a still from the interrogation scene and that's what it looked like to me. same shape that HT made them just needed to be closer together

Ok. Well great job man. It inspired me at least! :)

Very nice! one of the nicest i've seen so far actually. The shoulder pads look so much better. I personally like the stock cowl

Thanks Frank Jaeger, all thanks to the costumizers who contributed and posts tutorials here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All this modding is so addictive, I know the figure looks alright out of the box. But I can't stop thinking of a way of making another mod to make it looks better, but I'm afraid if I mod it too much I will brake it eventually :dunno.

Now I'm thinking of taking off the body out of the suit for the second time and stuff the fat suit onto the calf to make the boots fit more snug, coz now it looks a little loose around the calf area :cuckoo:.

Has anyone tried to fit Medi boots on this figure? I wonder if it fits better?

All this modding is so addictive, I know the figure looks alright out of the box. But I can't stop thinking of a way of making another mod to make it looks better, but I'm afraid if I mod it too much I will brake it eventually :dunno.

Now I'm thinking of taking off the body out of the suit for the second time and stuff the fat suit onto the calf to make the boots fit more snug, coz now it looks a little loose around the calf area :cuckoo:.

Has anyone tried to fit Medi boots on this figure? I wonder if it fits better?

How hard is this to do? I think I want to remove my fat suit but I am scared of having to cut the fabric mesh to get to it and ruining it. :horror:medic

How hard is this to do? I think I want to remove my fat suit but I am scared of having to cut the fabric mesh to get to it and ruining it. :horror:medic

Maglor did it in such a way this involved minimal cutting and no cutting of the seams as far as I remember. I haven't looked for the pics but I remember he posted about it. It was like making a v-neck type cut and he slid the suit off I believe

Maglor did it in such a way this involved minimal cutting and no cutting of the seams as far as I remember. I haven't looked for the pics but I remember he posted about it. It was like making a v-neck type cut and he slid the suit off I believe

Interesting. I will have to look into that.

Thanks for the info! :hi5:

I think it's the hardest mod that I did to this figure. You'll need a lot of patience with fat suit removal mod.

What I did was cut the chest part and the back part around 1-1.5cm and start to wiggle the body slowly starting with both arms. Once you get the arm out the MOST DIFFICULT part is to get the thigh part pass the hip/body section. You need to check carefully if they have accidentally sewn a thread onto the body suit and you need to cut that, coz mine has it.

Becarefull not to rub your finger onto the rubber parts of the armor too much coz the paint will peel off. I have mine peel off a little bit when I did mine :slap, luckily the base color is also black and it is covered by the belt.

Once you're done clean up the glue residue around the arm area to make it easier for you when it's time to put it back in. Once everything is back you can sew the opening that you cut, you don't have to worry about the cut since the fabric won't fray easily. All that will be covered by the chest armor and you won't see a thing when it's done.

Last edited:
I did no cutting on mine at all. The suit has enough give to come off the figure. You just have to be patient and do it slowly.

In the end, I gave up the idea of taking out the body for the second time coz I don't think the calf mod is worth the hassle. What I did finally was to pull the suit down to the fat suit's glue line on the calf and secure it with sticky tape. It's a little hard to explain, but it gives a little volume to the calf since the suit is back into it's original form when the fat suit was on.

I think it's the hardest mod that I did to this figure. You'll need a lot of patience with fat suit removal mod.

What I did was cut the chest part and the back part around 1-1.5cm and start to wiggle the body slowly starting with both arms. Once you get the arm out the MOST DIFFICULT part is to get the thigh part pass the hip/body section. You need to check carefully if they have accidentally sewn a thread onto the body suit and you need to cut that, coz mine has it.

Becarefull not to rub your finger onto the rubber parts of the armor too much coz the paint will peel off. I have mine peel off a little bit when I did mine :slap, luckily the base color is also black and it is covered by the belt.

Once you're done clean up the glue residue around the arm area to make it easier for you when it's time to put it back in. Once everything is back you can sew the opening that you cut, you don't have to worry about the cut since the fabric won't fray easily. All that will be covered by the chest armor and you won't see a thing when it's done.

How do you remove the chest section to do all this?

How do you remove the chest section to do all this?

If you mean the chest armor, it connects in the back, just under the armpits on either side. They're glued down, so, some prying is needed. Just remove one of them, not both.

Back