Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was experimenting with Medi TDK Shoulder Plate.

I tried to get this angle for the lower shoulder pads. I thought Medi has the more accurate cut in terms of the lower shoulder plate armor.
batmancostumefromthedar.jpg

So what I did was, cut the medi shoulder plate and sculpt the inner surface.
img0352bv.jpg

Here is what it look like painted.
img0364jx.jpg

img0365og.jpg

It's incredible how you used the stock head from the DX12 and just put some new eyes in there and made a huge difference. Do you think if I buy that CIAN head or HeadPlay from ebay (which is cheaper than the actual stock BW head) would work too?

Yes, it will work. But get this one. The one from Head Play is wonky looking. Don't trust those pics they have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-1-6-DX12-Batman-BRUCE-WAYNE-Head-Toys-Iron-Monger-Hawkeye-Catwoman-Bane-Thor-/261138423476?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3ccd101eb4

Here is what it look like painted.
img0364jx.jpg

img0365og.jpg

Looks great. I was thinking about just using the Medi plate in general, just switching them out. It's just hard to tell if they are smaller with the HT pads attached to the body.

I think the whole Medi shoulder looks too wide and thick on DX12 as is, and I don't really like the top part where the triangle is, it's just too sharp IMO.

Last edited:
I don't think it's shorter, it's just that the sharp edge near the triangle are seems to sticks out and it is difficult to reshape it since the medi shoulders are a lot thicker that HT's.

Here is a picture of it side by side.
img0370bd.jpg

I did but I ruined it. Now that was hard. Much worse than the eyes. It was harder than I thought, it has to be almost perfect. I'd like to take another crack at it one day now that I've done it before

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Fiend do you think it would be work if you used the shape of the stock faceplates and cut the Bale hs them slightly bigger but in the right shape? then do whatever sanding needed to fit it in?

I'm seriously considering getting a bale hs and doing both these

I noticed you said you've done the neck shortening mod. Did you sand the neck or lift the armour?

Selina Kyle: Sorry to keep letting you down.Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe these people anymore, you've given them everything.

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Not everything. Not yet.

Selina Kyle: Sorry to keep letting you down.Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe these people anymore, you've given them everything.

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Not everything. Not yet.

Whoa! That looks perfect. What mouth piece is that? It looks like Robbie's but the mouth is open more. Looks excellent.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I believe that's the Gunita face plate... thanks again BW for making it happen for me =) Can't wait for the other things to arrive. =T

I don't think it's shorter, it's just that the sharp edge near the triangle are seems to sticks out and it is difficult to reshape it since the medi shoulders are a lot thicker that HT's.

Here is a picture of it side by side.
img0370bd.jpg

Yeah, I have the Medi pads. I'm not sure what to do with the shoulder right now. I just wish they were a bit shorter. I know of all themods but I don't know if I feel like doing it. :lol Even if I did that would be on the back burner for now. I have a few mods I want to do first. I finished my Bane boots so now I'm just waiting on the dye in the mail for the pants. I have the DID ones, I heard they are a ***** to dye. Then I'm thinking about taking Bane torso skin off and maybe having a go at making some traps. Waiting on an HT slim to replace the Medi body for my Medix. That will be the third time I've taken it apart and put back together. I should be an expert noe

Frank Jaeger;5584380[B said:
]Fiend do you think it would be work if you used the shape of the stock faceplates and cut the Bale hs them slightly bigger but in the right shape? then do whatever sanding needed to fit it in?[/B]

I'm seriously considering getting a bale hs and doing both these

I noticed you said you've done the neck shortening mod. Did you sand the neck or lift the armour?

Yes, just use the stock plates as reference but like you said make them bigger. That is very important because once it's too small it's all over,ruined. JUst take your time and do not rush. Let us know how it goes. :)

As for the neck I didn't do any sanding, just took out the grommet. I think that's what were calling it. :lol

Yes, it will work. But get this one. The one from Head Play is wonky looking. Don't trust those pics they have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-1-6-DX12-Batman-BRUCE-WAYNE-Head-Toys-Iron-Monger-Hawkeye-Catwoman-Bane-Thor-/261138423476?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3ccd101eb4

Thanks Fiend, I'll take your advise and buy that one. I'm sure you know what you are talking about, since you got way more experience than me in customizing.

No problem. :wave

Because I'm too lazy to look through 138 pages, can someone post pics or a description of the improved range of motion after removing the fat suit?

Just cut the cuffs off the fist hands and modded the gauntlet cuffs, about to take a deep breath and do the sleeve and elbow pad mods.

Back