Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone try this? I reduced the upper and lower teeth on the open mouth plate with an X-acto knife. The teeth are made out of rubber, so it was very easy to slice part of it. You just gotta have good pulse and a new blade. No more Hugo Weaving's teeth. It is my favorite mouth plate now.
batmandx6.jpg
batmandx7.jpg

Did anyone try this? I reduced the upper and lower teeth on the open mouth plate with an X-acto knife. The teeth are made out of rubber, so it was very easy to slice part of it. You just gotta have good pulse and a new blade. No more Hugo Weaving's teeth. It is my favorite mouth plate now.
batmandx6.jpg
batmandx7.jpg

I didn't try it, but I sure did took out the teeth. It Come in two piece, I was ably to put it back on without any glue. It's good that your a fan of open mouth piece. I didn't like the angry or the open mouth at all. For me the smirk was the better likeness. But with the stock eyes.

@thefiend I really got to give it to you for being able to whittle that Wayne mouth down to perfectly fit into the cowl. I just tried using a knock off head and failed.

I did a tutorial on it a few pages back, It's not the greatest in detail. What you can do is try to do 2 cut, one from the bottom of jaws and the other right below his nose. Once you get that piece out? Draw a line with a pencil of where you want his face to show. I did use Robbie face plate as a reference. Without it it would be harder. But can still Be done without it.

If you have it or not, start by cutting pieces off the back of the face. Trim it down piece by piece. My trick is to not cut a lot out, but little by little until you get the right size. It can be very tricky, however if you have the patient and are precise? You well certainly get it to the size you want. The challenge I have is if you cut too much? It pretty much ruin. So always test it out on the cowl everytime you make progress on the face. And just kind of work from there.

It's easier say then done, good luck.

Quick question? How good is the paint jobs on the knockoff BW sculpt? I personally was planning to get a Knockoff sculpt, but was able to bid on a actual HT sculpt for $48. And to me Robbie was good, but can't beat HT. it just look more realistic.

Thanks for the advice. I basically did what you said but I didn't draw lines on it. That was a good idea. Anyway, Ive bought 2 knock off heads. One from Head lay and the other for an INdonesian seller. Do NOT buy the one from HP, it's awful. But the one from Indonesia is pretty great for the price. $25 after shipping. Here is the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Christian-Bale-Bruce-Wayne-Head-Hot-DX12-Bruce-Wayne-CIAN-Toys-Catwoman-Bat-/150976893438?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2326ec91fe

HP on the left other ebay seller in the right

DSCF3189-Copy_zps33b06545.jpg

If this helps, here's the pics I posted of the removal....
Got my second DX12 tonight (having sold my first.)- got right to work on him! Just over 30 minutes to take the fat suit off and put the body armor back on. Really was very straight worward. NO cutting. But it was like a woman giving birth to a 15lb baby- some things stretched. lol
Took some pics....
batmandx12011012002.jpg

batmandx12011012004.jpg

batmandx12011012005.jpg

batmandx12011012006.jpg

batmandx12011012007.jpg

batmandx12011012008.jpg

batmandx12011012009.jpg

batmandx12011012011.jpg

Here is the DX with the Medicom version. (I've modded the chest on him also tonight and repainted the face.)

batmandx12011012012.jpg

Medicom...
batmandx12011012014.jpg

I thought I'd never find this!
Excellent pics of the process.

Just one quick question: how did you get the chest armor off?

A couple of surprising facts as I took the figure apart...
The damn fat suit is actually glued to the damn figure!
As a matter of fact, a lot of parts are glued: the cuffs of the mesh suit are glued, as well as the ankles. The upper arms have a sticky substance to them, the help keep the suit in place. The thighs have grooves where the fat suit is glued into.
HT went to an inordinate amount of trouble to secure the suit and the fat suit on the figure.

Now to put it all back together...
I had to unstitch the back of the suit by the way, I feared the stretching would cause more damage than the unstitching.

Ok, third post.

Two unfortunately late insights:

1. You do need the fat suit on the upper body to make it look right and get the belt to sit correctly.
2. You do need the fat suit on the calves to keep the boots from moving around.

Now, I did manage to get the upper part of the fat suit on again, but by the time I put the boots back on I already had glued the mesh suit back together...
It's not a biggie, but I would think that you don't really need to take the fat suit off... maybe all you need to do is to cut it at certain places to allow for better mobility.

Anyway, it was a bit of an unnerving experience for me.

It does surprise me how blasé we've become about taking apart such a costly figure...

I have a few scuffs on the cowl from the packaging. There's no real damage, just a few shiny spots. Does anyone know of a good matte finish that would work with this? Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Ok, third post.

Two unfortunately late insights:

1. You do need the fat suit on the upper body to make it look right and get the belt to sit correctly.
2. You do need the fat suit on the calves to keep the boots from moving around.

Now, I did manage to get the upper part of the fat suit on again, but by the time I put the boots back on I already had glued the mesh suit back together...
It's not a biggie, but I would think that you don't really need to take the fat suit off... maybe all you need to do is to cut it at certain places to allow for better mobility.

Anyway, it was a bit of an unnerving experience for me.

It does surprise me how blasé we've become about taking apart such a costly figure...

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about taking the fat suit off of mine. For the belt all you have to do it remove a few links for a better fit. Didn't know that about the boots though. So I guess just leaving the fat suit parts of the legs in and just cut the torso parts out for better mobility. Anyway, I thought I heard of another way to take the suit out that Maglor tried but I don't know what he did.

Getting that metal piece off behind the mouth is a *****! I don't know how you guys did it without ruining the cowl.

I guess everyone has a a different experience, I didn't bother taking out the metal plate. But when I took out the pers? The plate just pop out. I think HT didn't put enough glue on it. I got lucky.

To those that cut up the Wayne head to fit into the cowl, doesn't it look like too much room between the cowl and the eyes to really look like a person is wearing a mask. Looks great in the pics but in hand you can tell

To those that cut up the Wayne head to fit into the cowl, doesn't it look like too much room between the cowl and the eyes to really look like a person is wearing a mask. Looks great in the pics but in hand you can tell

It depend on how close you trim down below the eyes? I know exactly the gap your talking about. And yes it looks off, trim it untell you hit only his eye? Make sure it's a nice cut from the xacto knife. So when you painted it? It well look more natural. Or els with the paint on? Your see all your cut.

For mine I went very close as shaving his eyebrows and bottom eyelid out. If you can get that close without cutting the eyes out? It well fit closer to the cowl where u won't see that gap from the side. It's not easy, took me a lot of attemp to get it right. In my opinion once you get it where you like it? Don't set the eye piece in the middle of the cowl, move it higher where his top of the eye hit the opening of the cowl.

Back