Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless, Robbie's mouthpiece makes the cowl 1000x better. I absolutely hate the stock mouthpieces that I almost sold the dx12 to get a medi. Thank goodness for Robbie's mouthpiece. Personally, for me is the single greatest mod cause it changes the look of the cowl immensely.

I completely agree with you on that, but the smirk mouth piece is actually pretty accurate to bale. It not the mouth piece, it the stupid pers. I guarantee to mod the eye lid. And trust me, bale well come out of that cowl. I didn't like it at
first, but it was those eye that are throwing away the whole cowl.

What I did was just remove the eyes, then I took a small bit of sculpey and stuck it to both the top and bottom of the eyes and carved the eyelids out of it. It's easier to do it that way for me. Kind of like whittling something out of wood or sculpting something out of a block of clay.

So you bake your eye? I thought for sculpey to dries it need to be bake? How you do it? I didn't use any clay base. I use " gel glue" that's right. Dip it in the bottom and wait for it to dry. Once dry. Paint over it. Still looks decent.

Once I get the sculpey how I like it, I paint over it with the black acrylic paint and it seems to help dry and harden the sculpey. It's still not as hard as it would be if I baked it, but as long as I don't go poking at it in a rough manner it holds perfectly.

I sculpted the squinty eyelids in and then painted over them with black acrylic paint. I'm not sure if anyone's offering the service here. It was hard enough doing it to mine, I wouldn't dare do it to anyone else's. Mine took a solid month of tweaking to get to where I'm happy with it.

Looks great Crow, the faceplate thing is subjective of course, each to their own. One thing about your eyelids, you shouldn't use oven bake sculpy, it will never harden properly and will eventually crack and crumble when it dries out. You should get some black miliput, it air hardens and doesn't even need to be painted. And when it dries its as hard as the hot toys plastic.

Is it possible to fit the Toyfair Bale HS on the DX12 body (with the collar thing)?
Probably been adressed but i couldnt find it.
Thanks for the help.

Looks great Crow, the faceplate thing is subjective of course, each to their own. One thing about your eyelids, you shouldn't use oven bake sculpy, it will never harden properly and will eventually crack and crumble when it dries out. You should get some black miliput, it air hardens and doesn't even need to be painted. And when it dries its as hard as the hot toys plastic.

I can't even find Milliput around here, unfortunately.

Does anyone know whats the best tool to use if I want to widen the front of the gauntlets so it overlaps the gloves?

Cheers!

Well, I have a head I sculpted completely out of sculpey about 8 years ago that's still intact, I don't anticipate any problems out of the eyelids if I don't go messing around with em.

Does anyone know whats the best tool to use if I want to widen the front of the gauntlets so it overlaps the gloves?

Cheers!

I used a pair of needle nose pliers after I heated them then stuck in the hand once I got it wide enough and stuck it in cold water and left it out to dry like that.

Well, I have a head I sculpted completely out of sculpey about 8 years ago that's still intact, I don't anticipate any problems out of the eyelids if I don't go messing around with em.

I used milliput and a toothpick lol and after touching up here and there I believe I have the eyes the way I want them. Just waiting on my mouthpiece from hunterelf. :impatient:

That's exactly what I used! Works like a charm :)

Definitely! :hi5:

Padded shoulders to shorten neck slightly. Gauntlet overlapped. Stuffed rolled up tape behind to hold up belt tighter. Cape tucked into shoulder pads to look neat from front. Ankle widening.

Thanks alot to this thread!

I try mulliput but the condensity is dif from sclupy. I might have to try to sculpt it again with mulliput. I Do have some skill at sculpting. Thanks

Got my 2nd mouthpiece in from Robbie. On this one, the paint is intact, but now I have to find a way to make it fit in deeper. I REALLY wish that Robbie would fix this!

2013-01-16_04-15-18_411.jpg

I plan on doing the sculpted eyelids. Do I have to remove the eyeballs to sculpt the lids? I'm wondering because I'm afraid the sculpt will stick to the eyes and make them immovable. I'm too chicken to remove the whole PERS system. Way out of my realm of expertise.

Back