Modern Thor Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good luck :pigfly:

LOL. Are you serious? Do you honestly think they won't revisit these characters in 1/4 fully sculpted form? You sir, would be a terrible business man. If you think SSC would leave that kind of money on the table, you are nuts. If that were the case, the Spidey Com never would have seen the light of day.

I highly doubt they'll make Thor fully sculpted in 1/4. Unless its a Comiquette which would be 1/5 as apparently Rhino will be there last 1/4 Comiquette.

They will. You just have to wait. They said the same thing about Spidey and we got 1/4 fully sculpted greatness. They just won't be called Coms anymore. They'll be labeled as PFs.

The 1/4 fully sculpted Spidey is a Comiquette & Rhino is going to be the last 1/4 comiquette but Spiderwoman is the only fully sculpted PF I know of & she's wearing a skin tight costume & nothing else so yeah it works there but unless there wearing a skin tight costume don't expect a fully sculpted PF. I would be shocked to see fully sculpted Dr Doom PF & if SS were going for all there PF's to be fully sculpted why isn't the Punisher, Batman, Superman & other up coming PF's all fully sculpted :dunno
If Thor does get revisited, I'm pretty sure it'll be just the same as always

The 1/4 fully sculpted Spidey is a Comiquette & Rhino is going to be the last 1/4 comiquette but Spiderwoman is the only fully sculpted PF I know of & she's wearing a skin tight costume & nothing else so yeah it works there but unless there wearing a skin tight costume don't expect a fully sculpted PF. I would be shocked to see fully sculpted Dr Doom PF & if SS were going for all there PF's to be fully sculpted why isn't the Punisher, Batman, Superman & other PF's all fully sculpted :dunno

Because there is a market for them. Believe it or not, people will buy them and SSC wants their money as well. SSC just reclassified all of their 1/4 Coms as PFs for a reason. Do you honestly think after doing that they'd just forget about 1/4 fully sculpted pieces or have a skin tight costume restriction? SSC is about separating dollars from your wallet. 1/4 fully sculpted pieces will sell. Build it and they will come. That is a simple fact. The problem is that peeps just have no patience.

I have no doubt that we'll see these 1/4 fully sculpted statues in the future. The demand is there and peeps would gooble them up in a heartbeat as long as they look good.

I'm not saying they won't ever make 1/4 fully sculpted Marvel characters like Doom but if they do I just can't see them being under the PF title but we'll just have to wait & see. I just think if they wanted to go that way Characters like Deadpool would of been fully sculpted, Superman there just not showing any sign of doing a fully sculpted character like Doom but hey if they do I'll be the 1st to hold my hands up to you :)

I forgot to mention that almost all superhero and villains costumes are skin tight. As a matter of fact, you would have an easier time naming all of the heroes and villains who don't have skin tight costumes. As for other fully sculpted 1/4 pieces, you forgot Posion Ivy and Green Lantern. They are both classified as PFs. More to follow in the future......

I think on twitter there was something about ultron being one of the last 1/5 statues that was made before the change
Here we go
@collectsideshow: @skrizza This is one of those comiquettes that was already in development before they made the change. Just a little overlap =) -S

I think on twitter there was something about ultron being one of the last 1/5 statues that was made before the change
Here we go
@collectsideshow: @skrizza This is one of those comiquettes that was already in development before they made the change. Just a little overlap =) -S

Yeah, that sounds about right. SSC wouldn't go to the trouble of classifying all 1/4 fully sculpted Coms as PFs and then keep cranking out 1/5 scale Coms. They even acknowledged that they were going to focus mainly on their 1/4 scale line more. Hence the change from 1/4 Coms to PFs. I don't think there are any new Coms in development. This Ultron was sneaked 2 years ago and most of the recent Coms have been variants of existing Coms (Angel & Hulk). Clearly the focus going forward is 1/4 scale pieces. They even said as much. I believe your post is spot on.

I'm hoping that 1:5 is now only used for dioramas would make for some awesome statues. I think this thor will be a pf I like the material on the original thor but there's not much that can be done in material on this thor

Here we go

Oh right so I got the 1/4, 1/5 Comiquette scale thing the wrong way round. Damn I bet the Spiderman that was being worked on is a Dio then. The one thing I didn't want it to be.

It's not that I don't like Dio's I just don't want to be buying in to anything other than 1/4 Comic Statues. What ever happens this will turn out awesome, it's Spiderman :)

Yeah, that sounds about right. SSC wouldn't go to the trouble of classifying all 1/4 fully sculpted Coms as PFs and then keep cranking out 1/5 scale Coms. They even acknowledged that they were going to focus mainly on their 1/4 scale line more. Hence the change from 1/4 Coms to PFs. I don't think there are any new Coms in development. This Ultron was sneaked 2 years ago and most of the recent Coms have been variants of existing Coms (Angel & Hulk). Clearly the focus going forward is 1/4 scale pieces. They even said as much. I believe your post is spot on.

I hope you're right. Not a big fan of more comiquettes. Now I really want only PF.

I hope you're right. Not a big fan of more comiquettes. Now I really want only PF.

I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of new PFs in the near future. Both fully sculpted and mixed media. We haven't seen a new Com sneaked in ages. Everything has basically been variants of already existing Coms. Ultron isn't even new. He had been sneaked over 2 years ago. He's been in development for awhile. SSC has stressed they will be focusing on PFs in the future. We have seen nothing so far to make me doubt them.

Rumor has it it might be at SDCC but take it with a grain of salt.

I hope so but my fear is that they will only offer something from the upcomming movie, and I don't collect Marvel movie stuff.

Back