Modern Thor Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
comic modern thor pf or else!

You heard'em, or else

418c05b87ddb8cb0a46e6244c0a9247e.gif

I'd be dissapointed if they scrapped the modern Thor they teased in the design phase for TDW movie Thor but would definitely not be opposed to looking at a great depiction of a Hemsworth Thor. The last one left something to be desired in the face for me.

Coipel or Ribic design please!

At least we're getting updates.

I'd be dissapointed if they scrapped the modern Thor they teased in the design phase for TDW movie Thor but would definitely not be opposed to looking at a great depiction of a Hemsworth Thor. The last one left something to be desired in the face for me.

Fantastic Idea Sir.

tumblr_mvr207cHg11ri74e4o3_1280.jpg

I love the dark world armor, but I don't think I'd buy a PF of it. Pretty much trying to stick to comic stuff only.

Love the idea of Coipel or Ribic. Both great interpretations. Though, if I could pick, I'd want a Olivier Coipel. But Ribic's will probably look better in statue form.

That drawn tease doesn't look like either unfortunately though...

I love the dark world armor, but I don't think I'd buy a PF of it. Pretty much trying to stick to comic stuff only.

Same here... Movie version especially, get outdated and usually look pretty awful in hand, with exception to Ironman :)

What drawn tease?
There was a piece of pencil design art show in one of the videos last year, it was twisted and upside down, so someone here did a PS job to straighten it out. It should be back in this thread a bit?

Edit: here it is.

This might be of some help to those who are having a little trouble visualising Thor in those sketches. Just a quick play in PS.

Excuse the head - if it's there the curled paper squished too much detail.

And he kind of looks like he's dying to get to the bathroom.

Marvel_SSC_PF_Thor2__SSC_Modern-thorCC2-edit.jpg

The only thing that would get me psyched up if it wasn't Coipel or Ribic's would be if they did an Ulti Thor based on Hitch's art.

The only thing that would get me psyched up if it wasn't Coipel or Ribic's would be if they did an Ulti Thor based on Hitch's art.

Hitches stuff is too realistic I think to feel like a nice comic thor pf...

Hitches stuff is too realistic I think to feel like a nice comic thor pf...
Ink stated awhile back that SSCs lMarvel license did not include the Ultimates universe. So unless this is a Thor 2 statue, my guess is on a Modern Thor based on this design

5A84F365-BBA0-4384-9D96-0661B29443FA-3897-0000090BDBFDF308_zpsc9b58958.jpg

1) that is what the design tease shows
2) the most recent releases of big Marvel characters have been based on recent storylines or artist runs: Planet Hulk, Captain America Reborn, J Scott Spidey
3) this design was popular enough to inspire the movie costume

So yeah if it is a comic I think this is what we are getting.

1) that is what the design tease shows
2) the most recent releases of big Marvel characters have been based on recent storylines or artist runs: Planet Hulk, Captain America Reborn, J Scott Spidey
3) this design was popular enough to inspire the movie costume

So yeah if it is a comic I think this is what we are getting.

Yeah it appears that SSC has been subtly setting the stage for collectors to build a modern Avengers team. A Reborn/Marvel Now-esque Cap, modern Black Widow, new Andy B. Hulk, and soon a new Thor. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new Iron Man and modern Hawkeye before too long.

I don't know that I like the idea of them trying to simulate a spinning hammer effect for a PF though.

Yeah it appears that SSC has been subtly setting the stage for collectors to build a modern Avengers team. A Reborn/Marvel Now-esque Cap, modern Black Widow, new Andy B. Hulk, and soon a new Thor. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new Iron Man and modern Hawkeye before too long.

I don't know that I like the idea of them trying to simulate a spinning hammer effect for a PF though.

Yeah I'm with you there but I'm sure there'll be a swap out option if they do.

But saying that when Bowen did it, it turned out great

image.jpg

Back