1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all 3 figures look great not a fan of the large bases likeveryone else space is in demand and they will take so much room.

1150218_544908612248793_77806254_n.jpg

I love the sculpt but that pose is not doing it any favors.

Yea, the pose definitely kills the sculpt. In an action pose it looks cool and badass.

In the neutral pose he looks like a special-ed kid's class photo.

Yea, the pose definitely kills the sculpt. In an action pose it looks cool and badass.

In the neutral pose he looks like a special-ed kid's class photo.

Your not hyperbolizing, either. That's exactly what he looks like. :goodpost:

Im going to wait for the non-armored version with a hopefully more neutral expression.

I still think it was a stupid idea to give Kryptonians armor. Besides not making any sense, its way too over designed and the elephant tusk helmet makes him look like that alien thing from Prometheus

IMO, it makes sense. Kryptonians are normal beings that can be gunned down and/or stabbed to death in their home planet. They weren't aware that they won't be needing them outside of Krypton, but you can see how Zod thought about it when he realized he didn't need them on Earth. The design I guess is a combo of medieval and futuristic.

Giving Superman an armor on Earth would be the thing that won't make sense.

@ GasparZ...

Gerry-Alanguilan.jpg

I have not seen that guy for ages! That's funny, thanks for the reminder.

Little trivia -- that funny guy is Gerry Alanguilan. He's known to the public as the Killer Smile guy from Youtube, comic fans know him as the Eisner-nominated mighty inker of Leinil Yu on Superman Birthright, Super Crooks, Superior, and their present Marvel books :)

Regardless of how specific the expression is, I don't think it captures Shannon's ugliness properly. The sculpt is too handsome

Everytime I look at the sculpt, I like it a little better.

Little trivia -- that funny guy is Gerry Alanguilan. He's known to the public as the Killer Smile guy from Youtube, comic fans know him as the Eisner-nominated mighty inker of Leinil Yu on Superman Birthright, Super Crooks, Superior, and their present Marvel books :)

Yup, I have him as a friend on Facebook :yess:

I have not seen that guy for ages! That's funny, thanks for the reminder.

:hi5:

I must say that these STGCC photos are looking way better than the actual Promo photographs. That's a hell of a figure.

Regardless of how specific the expression is, I don't think it captures Shannon's ugliness properly. The sculpt is too handsome

Do you really think he's ugly? I wouldn't say ugly exactly.... he does look like he means business but nothing wrong with that.

Respect to his terrifyingness. The Stamp version of Zod certainly never made me want to take a step or two back. This one sure did.

Do you really think he's ugly? I wouldn't say ugly exactly.... he does look like he means business but nothing wrong with that.

Respect to his terrifyingness. The Stamp version of Zod certainly never made me want to take a step or two back. This one sure did.

Maybe not ugly, but somewhat mishapen. I'm sure he cleans up alright, but I think that if the sculpt closed its mouth it would look like a handsome person. He's kind of an adonis right now and Shannon is a little more weird looking.

The only reason I noticed is because a guy I work with has the same weird shape of his head and I just always think of him and Shannon and this sculpt doesn't remind me of my coworker. My coworker wishes Ha!

Back