1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the look of this figure, all you have to do is point the head down and it's perfect.

Like this but he's snarling at you.
blxgaqucqaeisu8.jpg

This sculpt's expression is one instance where (and I shudder to say it) the PERS feature would really be helpful here.

Yes...tilting that head down helps, but to really get the "snarl"...the eyes could be adjusted up just a bit. The movie still really illustrates what I mean here....

Just saw this again tonight...one of our local theaters bought it back to the big screen for Labor Day weekend. Love this movie....can't wait for some figures to start rolling out from it....

I guess that looks cool and I wasn't aware that had been done. Only thing is his eye color looks red to begin with so it might not have been so hard to incorporate.

Still, what would it have hurt to include a pissed off, LED enabled HS to complement Zod? ****, they could've drove the price up and given people a viable option if they want the two together. I love Zod's expression, but when the main figure of the line is relatively stoic, it kind of sucks that they'd include something so incompatible. I wish this was old HT; they might've thrown in another sculpt like they did with Leonidas.

Still, what would it have hurt to include a pissed off, LED enabled HS to complement Zod? ****, they could've drove the price up and given people a viable option if they want the two together. I love Zod's expression, but when the main figure of the line is relatively stoic, it kind of sucks that they'd include something so incompatible. I wish this was old HT; they might've thrown in another sculpt like they did with Leonidas.

:goodpost::exactly:

Based off this:

d881c214a04f75aa360b04179e92dfa9_zps81abfa2d.jpg

Yeah I know it's based on that picture but getting that pose is going to be tough. I am just saying that if you have him standing with his arms at his side you can still get a good look with the head pointed down. They always paint the eyes slightly raised up so it should look pretty good

Seems kind of rare for a figure to get three headsculpts though. I dunno I guess to me it isn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't have used a light up feature anyways because as cool as light features are I normally only put them on for a little bit or so to show off to people or maybe take a picture or two and turn them off to conserve the batteries.

Seems kind of rare for a figure to get three headsculpts though. I dunno I guess to me it isn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't have used a light up feature anyways because as cool as light features are I normally only put them on for a little bit or so to show off to people or maybe take a picture or two and turn them off to conserve the batteries.

I wasn't talking about Zod, I was talking about Superman. Zod's already got two heads with the helmet, but they could've given Supes a heat vision head.

It's funny because based on the expression they chose, Zod rips off his armor right after and Superman uses his laser vision right before and yet neither one of those things made it to the figures

I wasn't talking about Zod, I was talking about Superman. Zod's already got two heads with the helmet, but they could've given Supes a heat vision head.
Ah, guess I misunderstood as the post you quoted me from I was talking about Zod and not Superman. Either way I guess like I say it's not a big deal to me to not get a heat vision sculpt. I guess I can see why others might want it but eh.

I think this HS would have actually benefitted from the "derpy eyes" syndrome from the NECA 1/4 Superman.

After all Shannon has a bit of lazy eye in real life doesn't he?

shannoneyes.gif

Ah, guess I misunderstood as the post you quoted me from I was talking about Zod and not Superman. Either way I guess like I say it's not a big deal to me to not get a heat vision sculpt. I guess I can see why others might want it but eh.

I just think it could've benefitted from it, as far as being a proper match with what they tried to do with Zod goes.

Maybe they went the expressive route to avoid mass amounts of Boardwalk Empire Kit Bashes haha.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of people disassembling the Zod figure in order to kitbash a guy in a suit, but I guess its possible. I know there are a few suited Lokis out there....

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of people disassembling the Zod figure in order to kitbash a guy in a suit, but I guess its possible. I know there are a few suited Lokis out there....

Why disassemble if you could just buy a second head and just have it attached to another truetype wearing a suit?

Also, the second head need not be authentic for those kinds of kitbashes (not that I support copies/fakes). I'm sure if Zod's head was rather neutral, recasts would sell like hotcakes on ebay, just like the Bruce Willis head from Hot Toys GI Joe.

Well I suppose that makes more sense though, becasue Loki obviously did wear a suit in Avengers. Not for long, admittedly, but he still did. So suit-bashes in that case become easier to comprehend.

Back