1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have (or have coming) several villains, but across a few franchises...Batman, Bond, Buffy, Evil Dead, Friday 13th, Elm St, Star Wars.

Yeah, I need more Villains. All I have right now is the T 1000. I still debate about hunting down a dx11. But definitely getting Zod. I'm a big fan of the movie.

Really want this figure and Jor-El to go with Superman. Haven't gotten myself to pre-order either yet though.

Not a big fan of Zod's cape on the HT figure. I probably won't display him with it, anyways, as I'll have the DC Collectibles statue as well and he has the cape on that so it'll be good to have a little variety. Would be nice to see HT fix it, though, none the less.

Call me crazy, but I actually like the larger base so the figure has more room to achieve a dynamic pose while still remaining within the confines of the base.

Call me crazy, but I actually like the larger base so the figure has more room to achieve a dynamic pose while still remaining within the confines of the base.

Yes, and I actually agree - but this huge size means each figure will take up a whole shelf in a Detolf. That is the part that isn't so great, we wont be able to pose them together.

The actual pics looks better than the official pics but I'm still not 100% sold on the Shannon sculpt. Still thinking...

Also, why do they have the waist clips to hold them instead of the crotch one? I've never been a big fan of the waist clips.
The waist clips are used for flight poses. Makes sense for characters like Superman, Zod, Iron Man, etc. I just really wish the bases weren't so large. They honestly aren't even all that impressive looking either. I sort of like the idea of the different crests being the shape of the bases but overall think they could have made them smaller if that's all they were going to do or made them as diorama bases if they wanted something bigger.

Diorama bases would be SO much better. I don't need a giant crest base reminding me of who the character is. :lol

*looks at HT's FB page again*

Seriously, that company needs to split into two parts. They could have "IRON MAN FOREVERRR!!!," and "Hot Toys" for every other franchise they have a license for. DC stuff is like the red-headed stepchild to them.

p.s. stands allowing flight poses would be very nice.

Diorama bases would be SO much better. I don't need a giant crest base reminding me of who the character is. :lol

Also, the crests have already been used as the base for the DC Collectibles statues and the Mattel figures. Would have been nice to see something different.

*looks at HT's FB page again*

Seriously, that company needs to split into two parts. They could have "IRON MAN FOREVERRR!!!," and "Hot Toys" for every other franchise they have a license for. DC stuff is like the red-headed stepchild to them.

p.s. stands allowing flight poses would be very nice.

I wouldn't say that DC is overlooked, but I would say that non superhero movie properties in general seem to be getting phased out. Every now and then they'll surprise people with announcements like Robocop and Crow, but for the most part their focus has been and will be nothing but Iron Man.

Also, the crests have already been used as the base for the DC Collectibles statues and the Mattel figures. Would have been nice to see something different.

I guess that's my main issue with them as well, Every other company has done the same style base. It's a lack of creativity on HT's part.

Back