1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. So sick of people saying "oh, it'll be tweaked".

While it's true that not every figure gets a wholesale tweak, the Avengers line by itself had Hulk, Thor and the RDJ HS all get tweaks. That I know of.

HT tweaks stuff all the time. Whether you agree or like the tweaks (or even notice them for that matter) are a different story as it varies from person to person.

Its official for me. Once a figure is announced and put up for pre order, there is no reason to visit threads to get any news. And I know this is a forum where discussion is had, but it seems that less an less discussion about the actual figures happens with every release. And it only took @ 50 figure theads for me to realize this! :cuckoo::slap:dunno

Figure is announced for PO.

Some express their love for it, some their hate for it, some in the middle.

These are the posts that will following

how overpriced it is

how bad the head sculpt is.

how it comes with too few accessories.

how the wrong version was made.

why something else wasn't made ahead of this

how its going to take a year plus after delays for it to come out.

how the price increases will put Hot Toys out of business

how some members think their opinion and way of thinking is the correct way and not just their opinion. This is mostly revolving accuracies of head sculpts.

how those who love it try to convince those who don't to buy it.

And I hope no one thinks I am taking a shot at anyone or everyone. I have been and am guilty of particpating in this also. But this is how it is and years later, it won't change. There have been many new members join since I did and some older members have fallen off. Yet the conversations haven't changed. It has gotten a bit more confrontational, but I think thats because of an infusion of some younger members who may not quite get that the world is not all
black and white.

Sorry for venting, but I didn't want to spend money on a therapist.:wave

This is a frustrating hobby. So I can understand you completely. Nothing wrong with what you said.

But the hs is ridiculous, the armor is an awesome accessory by its own right, the price is understandable and the 1 year wait simply means more time to save up.

I might be in the minority here but the HS is awesome and spot on to me. The expression is a bit exaggerated but it doesn't take away from the character itself. even a couple scenes in the film had him show this expression therefore it works for me.

No way this thing wasn't gonna hit Iron Man price range...and it's likely a one off! No more releases of this one, so who knows what their profit margin is on it :huh

Probably much smaller than they would've liked. I think that's why we won't see Feora. Lots of R&D and only one chance to recoup cost and turn a profit. I hope we do get her but I doubt it.

Because of the complexity of the armor, which is actually more complex than Iron Man's. And then they have to put at least part of the skinsuit on UNDER the armor, around the neck and arms & legs and such.... this figure will be a beast to assemble.

They pay the Chinese factories peanuts regardless of how complex it is to assemble this stuff.

Not good enough.

Gotta ***** to Hot Toys about pricing.

They pay the Chinese factories peanuts regardless of how complex it is to assemble this stuff.

Not good enough.

Regardless of how much workers get paid that's only a tiny reason for the prices. These figures are made of plastic which is made from oil. Oil isn't cheap as we all know. Also let's not forget it's not only the figure that uses oil. It's in the packaging and shipping of the figures too. Plus I'm sure there are a ton of other factors too such as research and development, assembly, shipping and packaging costs, marketing, and etc. There's no way in hell this was ever going to be $190 and if you thought it was you're off your rocker. This figure is probably one of the more complex designs they've done in a while aside from Iron Man so it's obvious that it was going to be more.

Not good enough.

Good luck with that.

The wages paid to Chinese workers have zero or almost zero to do with the pricing of this figure. They're doing it because they CAN. With that said, I agree that for this price the figure should be at least assembled in the US. Not gonna happen, but still. These are high-end co9llectibles and believe me, there are worse examples of collectible price-jackings out there.

Isnt this a "Movie Masterpiece" figure? Don't those tend to be more expensive anyways?

snoop: Why is Zods stand so much smaller than Superman and Jor-els?

A better question might be "Why the h are Supes' and Jor-El's stands so freaking HUGE??!!!" because lets face it, they are way too big! Even Zod's is way too big, but at least its not three times the size it ought to be.

yup, same old same old every figure release and movie releases. these debates & arguments will always happen. its the nature of the beast. You basically need to just accept it and try not let it bother you. Sometimes it does bother me, but most times I laugh it off :lol

Plus realize most people who complain non-stop seem to keep buying, so its really their own fault if they are not happy.:lol

And there are far more happy customers than complainers. HTs doesn't sell out because people aren't happy. So I say just laugh at the complainers and enjoy your collectibles & movies.:)

Well said......:exactly:

People can complain and cry about price..I want him and have no problem ordering him. I know the price and this is the 2013 HT, not the 2008 HT. Reality- buy or don't.

Its official for me. Once a figure is announced and put up for pre order, there is no reason to visit threads to get any news. And I know this is a forum where discussion is had, but it seems that less an less discussion about the actual figures happens with every release. And it only took @ 50 figure theads for me to realize this! :cuckoo::slap:dunno

Many share your pain, Mike. But such is the nature of these boards. :peace

A better question might be "Why the h are Supes' and Jor-El's stands so freaking HUGE??!!!" because lets face it, they are way too big! Even Zod's is way too big, but at least its not three times the size it ought to be.

Lol true. If there's one thing I dislike about this line, it's the stands. They look ridiculous, I'd rather have the standard black one. It also would've been a good opportunity for HT to have had environmental stands for each figure.

Figure is announced for PO.

Some express their love for it, some their hate for it, some in the middle.

These are the posts that will following

how overpriced it is

how bad the head sculpt is.

how it comes with too few accessories.

how the wrong version was made.

why something else wasn't made ahead of this

how its going to take a year plus after delays for it to come out.

how the price increases will put Hot Toys out of business

how some members think their opinion and way of thinking is the correct way and not just their opinion. This is mostly revolving accuracies of head sculpts.

how those who love it try to convince those who don't to buy it.

And I hope no one thinks I am taking a shot at anyone or everyone. I have been and am guilty of particpating in this also. But this is how it is and years later, it won't change. There have been many new members join since I did and some older members have fallen off. Yet the conversations haven't changed. It has gotten a bit more confrontational, but I think thats because of an infusion of some younger members who may not quite get that the world is not all
black and white.

Sorry for venting, but I didn't want to spend money on a therapist.:wave

To expensive.

Lol. Perfect :)

TOO expensive.

Fixed for you!

Yes Zod is expensive. Look for this trend to continue in other lines, especially ones with super-intricate armor.

HT figures are not really impulse purchases. We are all going to have to sit down and decide what we really, really love. And just buy that, not everything we see.

...And to think I thought $150 was too much for Blade, back in the day. Oh well.

Back