1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol true. If there's one thing I dislike about this line, it's the stands. They look ridiculous, I'd rather have the standard black one. It also would've been a good opportunity for HT to have had environmental stands for each figure.

Superman, Zod and [the hopefully upcoming] Faora should each and every one be on a smaller version of the "rubble" stand currently enjoyed by Evil Superman.

If they do a black skinsuit version of Supes and Zod, they should both be on a skull base. Hopefully not a skull base an acre wide, just sayin'.

Lol true. If there's one thing I dislike about this line, it's the stands. They look ridiculous, I'd rather have the standard black one. It also would've been a good opportunity for HT to have had environmental stands for each figure.
Yeah I agree. I like the three figures shown so far but the stands I'm not crazy about. They look like they're going to be big and take up a bunch of space and aren't that great looking. I'd have rather had environmental stands if they wanted to do something special for the line. The one used on Evil Superman for instance would have been great.

So glad they finally got this up. I know alot of us have been waiting. Now starts the waiting process. But at least another step in the process till release can be checked off now.

I must say I am a bit surprise at the price though. I wonder if the armor will be removable. Doesn't come with much for accessories. Granted his character didn't use much but they could have thrown a Kryptonian gun in there, or possibly even just a second shannon sculpt that is a more neutral facial expression along with this extreme one they have.

This extreme facial expression still looks good, a bit off a certain angles but what really makes it look weird is if he is not posed in a position like he's taking a swing at Superman. Some of the production pics where he has more of a neutral relaxed stand it looks so weird with that facial expression. Like he's straining to crap himself LOL

Perhaps Hot Toys will tweak the face sculpt abit more as they have done with other recent release such as the Avengers Thor that alot of people were initially less than pleased with. Time will tell.

:lecture My reasoning too, im in no rush to put in an order for Jor or Zod.

I just put in a preorder on Zod, I really want Jor El to complete the set, but I feel I'm going to stretch myself thin financially the first quarter of next year. But my irresponsible side tells me ill regret it if I don't grab it before the pre orders sell out :\

Personally, I like the stands as an idea. Having the emblem personalized for each character is really cool. It's the size that kills it. Had they made the stands a more modest size, I think they would have been perfect. Though I must admit, environmental stands would have been pretty cool too.

It seems pretty rare that items sell out on Sideshow before the item actually releases unless it's an Exclusive or something. I think people who are waiting it out for a while are okay.

It seems pretty rare that items sell out on Sideshow before the item actually releases unless it's an Exclusive or something. I think people who are waiting it out for a while are okay.

Yes, it's usually around a month before the figures due date that they usually sell out. Depending on the popularity. I remember the mark 7 sold out a good while before release date. So you never know lol

Back