1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PO'd him....

I like it a lot. I don't mind the expressive sculpt, but I wish they would include an alternate one that had a more neutral (but stern - it is Zod after all...pretty serious guy) expression, but it looks good.

I'm with those who wish there was an environmental-styled base..rubble or something. Don't mind the chevron, but wish HT would include "basic" stands too,with every release....

Wonder if they've got Fiora on deck next....

Guess I'll be leaving the helmet on him when displaying them all together. Looks like he's peeping on Superman.

1175620_512791275462077_27450755_n.jpg

Im going to wait for the non-armored version with a hopefully more neutral expression.

I still think it was a stupid idea to give Kryptonians armor. Besides not making any sense, its way too over designed and the elephant tusk helmet makes him look like that alien thing from Prometheus

Guess I'll be leaving the helmet on him when displaying them all together. Looks like he's peeping on Superman.

1175620_512791275462077_27450755_n.jpg

On the other hand the likeness looks fantastic... I dunno, that pics really pumping me up for the figure. Makes me want supes too, but I think I'll just get Zod. He'll look great next to Bane as I don't have a batman fig. Villains shelf on the way ^_^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

That's not a good pose for that expression

:exactly:

This is the problem I believe some people have when Hot Toys does these expression faces. The majority of people display museum style, which requires a neutral expression. Anything else ends up looking derpy and doesn't go with the rest of their set up. Zod screams action pose with that head sculpt; I think if displayed in a mid air fight scene, Superman and Zod will look awesome together. Standing side by side in a detolf ... not so much. I understand completely why some people are upset with the expression choice, but personally I'm willing to set my display according to the needs of my figures rather than setting my figures to the needs of my display. I'm perfectly fine with this head sculpt, I think Zod looks awesome and if I can get him posed right, I think it will look completely kick ***. The only thing I'm a little disappointed with, is because of the armour, I was hoping he would have had articulated fingers.

I don't recall clearly...wasn't Avengers Loki sold out on PO, then back available again about three times, then there was the continually increasing and decreasing (not to say laughable) numbers of the 'Low Quantity' alerts.

Did that bleed over into his 'in stock' period? I don't think it did.

@ GasparZ...

Gerry-Alanguilan.jpg

I have not seen that guy for ages! That's funny, thanks for the reminder.

:exactly:

This is the problem I believe some people have when Hot Toys does these expression faces. The majority of people display museum style, which requires a neutral expression. Anything else ends up looking derpy and doesn't go with the rest of their set up. Zod screams action pose with that head sculpt; I think if displayed in a mid air fight scene, Superman and Zod will look awesome together. Standing side by side in a detolf ... not so much. I understand completely why some people are upset with the expression choice, but personally I'm willing to set my display according to the needs of my figures rather than setting my figures to the needs of my display. I'm perfectly fine with this head sculpt, I think Zod looks awesome and if I can get him posed right, I think it will look completely kick ***. The only thing I'm a little disappointed with, is because of the armour, I was hoping he would have had articulated fingers.

Completely agree with everything you said. Good post

Back