1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a few emails from people who thought i had been banned from here, but were wanting me to make them stuff(and telling me some guy called *Bar* had stolen my avatar).
I was costing me work, so i had it changed back, lol.

Coming along.
I glued one together and painted it this week. It's looking great.
I also put a bit tape on one in the "approximate" area that i will be chopping to add the HT stand hole.

27029901-5B99-4FA3-A72C-1716E183064E.jpg

72DCC338-E782-4691-A238-82FD155B35FC.jpg

E1976626-0EB2-45D2-A7D9-66D3D1C49609.jpg

9C6572FD-AAF3-4817-82E3-17AB2F9D3F6B.jpg

140396D3-51F3-4B38-AC96-48CCDBC352FB.jpg

EDD8BFDB-27E6-4524-972C-664B5313A307.jpg

AA147EDD-F079-4FC1-AE21-2D81805213C9.jpg

80C023D3-FE5C-42E1-B44E-FCD69A584395.jpg

2B06EE9A-9694-42BD-AA70-4C57C67D9B28.jpg

EC0114E2-618F-4476-905F-9ECD7683592A.jpg

BAFF7410-4C95-4770-8FEA-C68B8A84949A.jpg

Cool that's good news the project is moving along. Waiting to see the finish product. Since we talking about, I wanted to ask you do you have any plans on doing these stands without the texture for CR superman and Evil superman in there color scheme?

this film actually made me care about the character Superman, because for the first time I actually saw a real character – I saw a man who has to deal with being an extremly unique and gifted individual, with an unknown heritage that's vastly different from the world he grows up in. And I know a lot of people who were very touched by the way they dealt with Superman as a both an alien AND an orphan AND someone who loses a parent.

I liked the movie just fine. It's a great modern representation of the character. But if you want to see Superman dealing with being both a man and Superman, put on Superman Returns.
The Superman purists mock it for having too few action beats, but the movie was more to do with him being an alien on earth and dealing with finding his place.

Cool that's good news the project is moving along. Waiting to see the finish product. Since we talking about, I wanted to ask you do you have any plans on doing these stands without the texture for CR superman and Evil superman in their colour scheme?

Strictly speaking, this symbol is not the Reeve/Evil shield. I can paint it in different colours if required, but i would have to make a completely different symbol for the Reeve figures. If enough people wanted one(It would have to be at least ten people wanting them for me to make a master and cast it).

I think all gunmetal for Zod would look good on that stand.

Thanks. I'll do tests on them and post the pics in the Zod thread when they are done.

Not sure what you mean by that, because I really wasn't aware of the religious parallels before this movie got everyone talking about it.

I meant that a great deal of the angst generated by this movie seems to center on the fact that this character is not morally perfect. He stole clothes out of someone's car. OH NO! He trashed the truck-driver's truck. OH NO! He killed Zod. OH NO!!!! I mean, it is just ridiculous. Endless complaining, because he's not perfect.

I think what a lot of it is, is that Cavill is not Reeve. Nothing less than Reeve will do for a great many people, but unfortunately Reeve is dead and even if he were not, he was paralyzed. So, I guess because Reeve is no longer with us we should just shelve Superman forever.

That is just ridiculousness.

I meant that a great deal of the angst generated by this movie seems to center on the fact that this character is not morally perfect. He stole clothes out of someone's car. OH NO! He trashed the truck-driver's truck. OH NO! He killed Zod. OH NO!!!! I mean, it is just ridiculous. Endless complaining, because he's not perfect.

I think what a lot of it is, is that Cavill is not Reeve. Nothing less than Reeve will do for a great many people, but unfortunately Reeve is dead and even if he were not, he was paralyzed. So, I guess because Reeve is no longer with us we should just shelve Superman forever.

I think the majority of Superman's ideals come from learning the correct path from a good upbringing by nice decent parents.
No-one would claim he was committing the crime of the century by stealing those clothes. And i bet he could have actually asked for them and been given them.
The end result of his journey is that he will not steal, will not damage trucks, and WILL NOT KILL...
But he has to have an arc, so it's important to show him *having* to do those things even if it's only once, for him to realise how high his moral high ground truly is.
Those parts you mention are all a part of the hero's journey.

In the novel, he always has a beard, shaggy hair, goes by assumed names and never tells anyone his life story because he has spent the last fifteen years being true to Jonathan's belief that the world will fear him if he "comes out" to them.
But the series of events in the movie convince him that perhaps he DOES have a place here, and not one where people will fear him, but where he can give them hope.

Also, don't take a "Reeve will always be Superman to me" comment to mean a fan cannot watch a new Superman. Any reeve adoration is merely due to how iconic he is to a certain generation of people. You always take those comments too seriously. It doesn't mean Cavill didn't do a good job. It also doesn't mean anyone wanted Reeve to coma back to life to play the man of steel again. It's just a statement from a fan about how much Reeve embodied the role for our generation. Treat it as such. A statement from a fan, and not an attack on all you hold dear.

And regardless of that, Routh will always be the best Superman so far.

With 'man', I didn't necessarily mean manhood, I meant being a person psychologically, especially growing up. I've seen Returns and it doesn't come close to MoS in this for me. I wouldn't mock it, and I don't get why classic Superman fans are often so hard on it, but nevertheless in pretty much every regard Man of Steel is the better film in my view, including dealing with the fact that he is an alien, yet raised within humanity's world. I'll admit that I can't exactly recall every scene from Returns, but I prefer the more dramatic, "nolanesque" (for lack of a better word), tone of Man of Steel, including the very essential youth flashbacks. But thanks for the tip nonetheless.

Btw, I really hope we see Jon kent returning in more flashbacks of different parts of Clarke's youth. It was easily one of the best aspects of MoS, but I think they cut down the flashbacks to a bare minimum. Both kids playing young clarke where great, and I hope to see them return and see more of Costner's Kent. I loved Pa Kent in this, I love that he teaches Clarke to look beyond the immediacy of having these powers, and to learn restraint in using them. Because Superman kinda wasn't Superman yet on day 1. He was just a brief inkling of it. And that's exactly what I love. You can't suddenly be perfect on day one. He has to develop and hone both his skill and his psyche. The way he just flies of the handle when Zod threatens his mom, the fact that he wasn't able to capture Zod without killing him, or save both Metropolis and Earth entirely. I just don't get how people can be so narrow minded to think that that isn't purposeful storytelling that Superman still has a lot to learn. And that we can now go along on his journey to become the perfect hero.

I just, I've never had so much trouble understanding the backlash on a film as with this one. This film taken on its own is so freakin solid. I guess it truly is because I'm in my twenties and haven't been a classic superman fan for 30 years or whatever.

Oh yeah, now I get ya. Indeed. Kinda goes back to the last sentence above your quote here.

What just annoys me to no end is people criticising aspects of this film that 1) are completely logical if they'd actually taken the time to watch the film carefully and think about the consequences of what you're seeing and 2) people begrudge this film stuff that they don't even remark when it comes to other films. And the irony is that contrary to those other films, this film actually validates it's own tropes a LOT more than most others. I generally hate tropes and cliches in blockbusters, but Man of Steel was one of those exceptional cases where the story just genuinely made sense to go to them.

I'm glad Snyder had the balls to make the comparison to Avengers explicitly on that TV Q&A event, because it's just true. Man of Steel revealed that a large portion of the general audience are effin hypocrites that don't pay attention and don't wanna have to think for themselves. I just can't get myself to make a different conclusion.

Strictly speaking, this symbol is not the Reeve/Evil shield. I can paint it in different colours if required, but i would have to make a completely different symbol for the Reeve figures. If enough people wanted one(It would have to be at least ten people wanting them for me to make a master and cast it).
I'm pretty sure we can hit that number there's reeve fans to make it happen.

For sure. What i will say is that if the Cavill/Jor-el/Zod bases sell well enough, i'll definitely get some Reeve bases made.
I really dig the dio base for CR superman but it don't fit well with evil superman base in a Detolf. So I have them both on Hot Toy stands but those guys are made to be on flight pose lol.

I really dig the dio base for CR superman but it don't fit well with evil superman base in a Detolf. So I have them both on Hot Toy stands but those guys are made to be on flight pose lol.

I totally get it.
I don't understand why HT can't supply both these days. If they add a dio stand, they really should add the smaller stand too.

haha I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic and I'm not thoroughly knowledgeable on this subject but there was something with him throwing a phone at someone and I read somewhere about how he kept trying to tell Snyder how he should improve the story. That's all just rumors, I can't even remember where I heard that stuff. Also, didn't South Park do something where he's totally full of himself? He does kind of come off that way.

No, honest question :lol cause it does seem like something he would do.

No, he was probably in extreme pain while directly in its beam, but that's not the same as being hurt/beat-up since he completely recovered almost instantly once it was over. There is no physical cost or risk to his heroics. He knows something might sting for a little bit, but it once it's over, he'll be as good as new right away like it never even happened.

If a human punches another human in the face hard ONCE, in addition to the pain, there will probably be a black eye, a busted lip or a bleeding nose. If two Kryptonians under a yellow sun pummel each other repeatedly, there won't even be a scratch, the most that will happen is their gear gets damaged. Of course it makes sense that no Earthling or Earth weapon could hurt Superman, but he also doesn't have any residual damage from a Kryptonian super-weapon, and he can't even be injured by someone of his same Kryptonian physiology?

You're completely forgetting that the kriptonians effectively KO'd him a couple times, about the aesthetics, Superman is rarely seen bleeding, even if he's hit by another super being, it's supposed that under a yellow sun he can endure a tougher punishment.

Remember when Jor-El hit Zod in Krypton, Jor-El cut Zod on the side of his face, so they can be hurt but the conditions needed for that change under a yellow sun.

Besides, it makes for more spectacular fights, when we actually see Superman bleeding, now that's gonna be dramatic.

Back