1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw pics on previous page of Zod...that a game changer for me...I wasn't getting it,but damn it that looks sweet...HS much improved.

I think its just that whoever took that picture was using a really nice camera and there isn't a lot of glare in the way; also good lighting. Its an amazing picture no matter what tho. I liked the figure before, but that one picture just makes you go, "Daaaayyyyyyyum. Got to have it!"

Re the delay: see, I told you guys this was going to happen. :wink1:

I wish he came with a hand that was making a sort of pointing motion. The headsculpt could be a great representation of the scene right before he and Superman have their final fight and he talks about his soul and how that's what Superman took away from him.

I wish he came with a hand that was making a sort of pointing motion. The headsculpt could be a great representation of the scene right before he and Superman have their final fight and he talks about his soul and how that's what Superman took away from him.

You know when Zod says: "Now i have no people".
I was thinking, Superman should have said: "I am your people now... Bow down before me Zod..."
:lol

So I talked to Sideshow today about the flex pay being pushed out for Zod but their website still says expected for April. Kathy says it's because they don't have a firm date for the figure release which they usually get 2 to 3 weeks out. Therefore at this point, they would not be able to charge the last flex payment for the 5, 10 or 15th so they just went a head a pushed it out.

They are still expecting the figure release in April, just most likely going to be in the later part of April. Hoping it arrives in the second or third week of April!!!

zod-superman.gif

*sniffle*..... It's..... its..... beautiful, man. Is this the most savage movie beatdown [superpowered class] ever? It just might be....

I love how they did a good job portraying Zod and his henchmen as superior fighters, Superman throws random punches cause it's his 1st fight, and both Faora and Zod almost bested him with sheer technique.

what about when Zod lost to Jor-el

Do you think maybe Zod wasn't going full-out because he knew and liked Jor-El? It strikes me that during that final fight, Zod was enraged to the point of psychosis. He was really, really mad.... he wasn't going to pull any punches whatsoever because he hated Kal and wanted to kill him. That was not the case early in the film, he was determined to try and salvage the situation - but not wanting to actually kill his friend.

Gaspar: I love how they did a good job portraying Zod and his henchmen as superior fighters, Superman throws random punches cause it's his 1st fight, and both Faora and Zod almost bested him with sheer technique.

Definitely got the idea that Superman was far from at the top of his game, being new to all this. What training can one do on a farm, after all? Hopefully next time he'll be more formidable. He did ok though, especially with both Faora and Nam-ek walin' on him at once.

Do you think maybe Zod wasn't going full-out because he knew and liked Jor-El? It strikes me that during that final fight, Zod was enraged to the point of psychosis. He was really, really mad.... he wasn't going to pull any punches whatsoever because he hated Kal and wanted to kill him. That was not the case early in the film, he was determined to try and salvage the situation - but not wanting to actually kill his friend.

Idk, I actually think Russel Crowe saw the script, said he's not going to do it if he's going to get his *** kicked and they changed the script to have him winning but dying a hero's death. To show him getting pummeled and hanging on just to get the pod launched would have been much more powerful. It's my biggest issue with the movie (which I enjoyed) because the threatening supervillain gets defeated in the first act...by a scientist...in hand to hand combat...and we know that Jor-el is genetically inferior to him physically. Either the scene wasn't well thought out or they had to give in to Crowe.

Idk, I actually think Russel Crowe saw the script, said he's not going to do it if he's going to get his *** kicked and they changed the script to have him winning but dying a hero's death. To show him getting pummeled and hanging on just to get the pod launched would have been much more powerful. It's my biggest issue with the movie (which I enjoyed) because the threatening supervillain gets defeated in the first act...by a scientist...in hand to hand combat...and we know that Jor-el is genetically inferior to him physically. Either the scene wasn't well thought out or they had to give in to Crowe.

That's a very well thought out explanation. I completely agree with you on all points. I questioned Jor beating Zod as well which led me to think that perhaps all Kryptonians have military training before going on to do what they were bred to do. It's a stretch but I can't think of anything else.

That's a very well thought out explanation. I completely agree with you on all points. I questioned Jor beating Zod as well which led me to think that perhaps all Kryptonians have military training before going on to do what they were bred to do. It's a stretch but I can't think of anything else.
Yeah, its basically the only explanation because I think we saw Jor land a clean one-two combo on Zod at one point. And he had combat armor.

Definitely got the idea that Superman was far from at the top of his game, being new to all this. What training can one do on a farm, after all? Hopefully next time he'll be more formidable. He did ok though, especially with both Faora and Nam-ek walin' on him at once.

The fights between Superman and the Kryptonians on Earth were really brutal in terms of the speed and all the destruction their strikes caused to the buildings and everything around them. What took me out of it was that none of them seemed to really be able to hurt the other. Sure, to a Krytonian getting a locomotive engine dropped on you might smart for a moment, and none of those puny Earthling bullets and rockets knock you over and maybe sting for a second...but if getting punched in the face repeatedly by another Kryptonian isn't enough to bruise you or even make your lip bleed, what's the point of fighting?

Back