1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headsculpt seemed goofy at first, but putting it beside this pic just blew my mind! :panic:

mos-main.jpg

Bought! $230 at my area.

I'm passing on the Man of Steel line so I will pass on this as well. The figures look really nice, especially that Jor-El head sculpt. Faora would've been the one that's most tempting for me... but yeah, it'll probably be like $1000 saved for The Bat or some upcoming releases in the future.

I'm passing on the Man of Steel line so I will pass on this as well. The figures look really nice, especially that Jor-El head sculpt. Faora would've been the one that's most tempting for me... but yeah, it'll probably be like $1000 saved for The Bat or some upcoming releases in the future.

So if they make Faora you will buy all the MOS line then?

So if they make Faora you will buy all the MOS line then?

Nah, it'd be the most tempting one to get because I loved her character the most, but I'm definitely gonna avoid this line despite how awesome it's looking. I thought the movie was okay...I'll get the blu-ray but that's it. I was a part of TDKR so I definitely want to collect that entire line almost for memorabilia/nostalgia sake in a few years. Same in regards to the Captain America line since I was in both, but I'm surprisingly gonna pass on the SSM version most likely since that head sculpt just really bothers me.

Not even that picture does it justice. But yeah, the likeness is great despite the paint job.

:exactly:

I knew it was the actor straight away. I think a repaint would get the people who think the likeness is off to STFU!

The Hot Toys one has beady eyes, this statue has large eyes just like Shannon.

Nah, it'd be the most tempting one to get because I loved her character the most, but I'm definitely gonna avoid this line despite how awesome it's looking. I thought the movie was okay...I'll get the blu-ray but that's it. I was a part of TDKR so I definitely want to collect that entire line almost for memorabilia/nostalgia sake in a few years. Same in regards to the Captain America line since I was in both, but I'm surprisingly gonna pass on the SSM version most likely since that head sculpt just really bothers me.

SSM version?

:exactly:

I knew it was the actor straight away. I think a repaint would get the people who think the likeness is off to STFU!

The Hot Toys one has beady eyes, this statue has large eyes just like Shannon.

A repaint a la Hot Toys quality would improve it greatly, but mine looks just fine and with proper lighting it's damn good. My Faora statue is awesome too. But Kal definitely needs a repaint, didn't buy it because of that (although I haven't seen it in hand, it might look better).

Star Spangled Man

Oh :lol

So you don't like the head sculpt on MOS?

A repaint a la Hot Toys quality would improve it greatly, but mine looks just fine and with proper lighting it's damn good. My Faora statue is awesome too. But Kal definitely needs a repaint, didn't buy it because of that (although I haven't seen it in hand, it might look better).

They all like the actors, well maybe not Cavill.

Oh :lol

So you don't like the head sculpt on MOS?

Not at all. On the contrary, I think they are all really great. I just can't afford to collect that line since there are other figures yet to be released that have priority (The Bat, bat armory, HT did also mention there would be more releases for BB and TDKR, plus I still need to buy display shelves/cabinet :)). I think the figures are great, but given that I did not work on the film nor was I a big fan, thought it was good but not enough to warrant my collecting the line.

Back