1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be good if Hot Toys include a second head sculpt for Superman with an angry face to match Zod but this is impossible now.

Word.

It's such a weird choice to make considering the neutral expression superman has.

I mean. You'd think those buying this would've already ordered superman:slap

Woot, bring on the pre order!

Hope Superman, Jor-el and this don't hit all at once, my wallets not usually great after the Xmas holidays :) either way bring it on :)

Zod can be angry while Superman can be cool and majestic. I don't see a problem, My wallet is ready.

HT trying to emulate this...
General_Zod_Man_of_Steel.jpg

Yeah instead of going for a some what neautral expression, which would of probably been more easier to do they tried to mimic this expression, which is a risky move to make if you are aiming for likeness. However, Hot Toys wanted to make a sculpt that had life to it as the MOS one is just quite neutral but nevertheless, more accurate and still better IMO.

This the problem I have with Hot Toys, they try too hard sometimes to give life to the sculpt when all they need to do is just sculpt a somewhat neutral look like the MOS one. :thud:

Word.

It's such a weird choice to make considering the neutral expression superman has.

I mean. You'd think those buying this would've already ordered superman:slap

Sure is, the MOS sculpt is very realistic and this one looks more like a comic book version of Shannon as Zod. :(

Sure is, the MOS sculpt is very realistic and this one looks more like a comic book version of Shannon as Zod. :(

It's not just that. When one buys the villain, it's usually because they have the hero, so they can display them together or set up dioramas. If superman had a second HS (like it should have in the beginning because, lets be honest, there isn't a hell of a whole lot of accessories you can give SUPERMAN) with an angry expression, then Zods expression would be more fitting.

I'm getting this bad boy regardless, but it's such an odd choice from HT. if evil face is right that they intend to do an armor less look supplied with a neutral expression, no doubts that, or just the HS itself, will fly off the shelves because fans will mix and match.

Smart choice I guess...greedy, but smart.

It's not just that. When one buys the villain, it's usually because they have the hero, so they can display them together or set up dioramas.

No I know what you were trying to say I was just giving my opinon on what I think of this sculpt. ;)

If superman had a second HS (like it should have in the beginning because, lets be honest, there isn't a hell of a whole lot of accessories you can give SUPERMAN) with an angry expression, then Zods expression would be more fitting.

I'm getting this bad boy regardless, but it's such an odd choice from HT. if evil face is right that they intend to do an armor less look supplied with a neutral expression, no doubts that, or just the HS itself, will fly off the shelves because fans will mix and match.

Smart choice I guess...greedy, but smart.

Perhaps every figure should come with a second head sculpt as that would suit both Hot Toys and us collectors that are looking for accuracy over risky sculpts. :dunno

Wow that sculpt is crazy! Most extreme they've ever done.:horror What I do like is, the emotion in the eyes match the mouth, unlike the Wolverine sculpt.

Hmm, I think the headsculpt looks good likeness wise, but not a fan of the expression. As others have said, it kind of limits posing in a way. They should really have included a neutral sculpt as well if they wanted to do something like this.

That said, everything else is stunning and I'll be ordering this for sure. Really hope we hear something about Faora. I'm not convinced Hot Toys will make her but I'm really hoping they do.

No I know what you were trying to say I was just giving my opinon on what I think of this sculpt. ;)

Perhaps every figure should come with a second head sculpt as that would suit both Hot Toys and us collectors that are looking for accuracy over risky sculpts. :dunno

I wish they did do that. Leonidas came with 2. I'm sure there were a few others but I can't think of them at the moment.

It's not just that. When one buys the villain, it's usually because they have the hero, so they can display them together or set up dioramas.
I'm an unusual case then, I own Monger & Joker yet I never wanted IM or Batman. Heors are just not my thing.

I don't particularly like the HS, regardless this is an instant PO.

Hmm, I think the headsculpt looks good likeness wise, but not a fan of the expression. As others have said, it kind of limits posing in a way.

It's not too bad likeness wise as you can tell who it is, but looks more like a caricature of Shannon and thus, not very realistic. :(

They should really have included a neutral sculpt as well if they wanted to do something like this.
That said, everything else is stunning and I'll be ordering this for sure. Really hope we hear something about Faora. I'm not convinced Hot Toys will make her but I'm really hoping they do.

Well DC direct did, so there is always hope. :wink1:

I wish they did do that. Leonidas came with 2. I'm sure there were a few others but I can't think of them at the moment.

:exactly:

I think it's mainly DX's that do but Red skull is one I can think that is not a DX, that came with two heads.

:lol at that headsculpt. Likeness is way off imo. The Iconic Statue is better.

Back