1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not too bad likeness wise as you can tell who it is, but looks more like a caricature of Shannon and thus, not very realistic. :(

Well DC direct did, so there is always hope. :wink1:

:exactly:

I think it's mainly DX's that do but Red skull is one I can think that is not a DX, that came with two heads.

Yeah, I don't think the likeness is stunning, but its definitely good. I just think the expression wasn't the best idea. But I applaud them doing something different I suppose.

As for Faora, she has been popular and does seem to be getting made by other companies, just you know what Hot Toys are like. Fingers crossed though.

What statue is that?

DC Collectibles Iconic Statue of Zod (1/6th scale):

man-of-steel-zod-0001-jpg.jpg

I'm okay with the head sculpt. It's not perfect by any means and limits the posing options a bit, but I think it will still look extremely badass on the shelf.

Yeah, totally. If I don't like the Shannon headsculpt in hand as I do now seeing the prototype pictures, then I'll just display it with the helmet on.

Loved the character, love this figure, it's much cooler than I expected. Can't believe people are complaining about his expression, it looks awesome. It's Zod, he was crazy. I think it's a brave move, my shelf of Hot Toys looks like a wax museum with all the neutral expressions, great choice doing the angry face. And he has the helmet too! 100% must buy for me.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Let's wait for the production pics... I bet you it won't look anything close to that proto, while HT's most likely will look even better... :wink1:

This statue is already out and I own it. It's great.

OMG. It doesn't look that in hand. Awful picture. The paint job isn't on Hot Toys level sure, but it works from the distance you'll be viewing it from but it's not that bad as it appears in the photo. The funny thing about the Hot Toys Shannon headsculpt is that I think it looks good from a close distance, but it looks like 1/2 scale on my screen which is not how big it's going to be or how close you'll be to it when looking at it. The promo shots showing it from a distance makes the headsculpt look bad. The same thing with the Jor-El figure, imo.

Loved the character, love this figure, it's much cooler than I expected. Can't believe people are complaining about his expression, it looks awesome. It's Zod, he was crazy. I think it's a brave move, my shelf of Hot Toys looks like a wax museum with all the neutral expressions, great choice doing the angry face. And he has the helmet too! 100% must buy for me.

Some of us Collectors prefer the wax museum look, although it looks kinda boring the head sculpts are usually more accurate and thus, realistic. This is why I think Hot Toys figures should always come with two head sculpts, ones that have real strong expressions and are risky to pull off, without losing likeness and the common neutral look.

OMG. It doesn't look that in hand. Awful picture. The paint job isn't on Hot Toys level sure, but it works from the distance you'll be viewing it from but it's not that bad as it appears in the photo. The funny thing about the Hot Toys Shannon headsculpt is that I think it looks good from a close distance, but it looks like 1/2 scale on my screen which is not how big it's going to be or how close you'll be to it when looking at it. The promo shots showing it from a distance makes the headsculpt look bad. The same thing with the Jor-El figure, imo.

Here's a better pic Drac ;)

You are right Drac, looks way more accurate, despite the horrible paint job.

No pics of the "One (1) set of one-piece black costume with embossed pattern"? Or is it already the lining under the (non removable?)armor?

Back