1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The armor looks decent. I think with an upgraded body and cape it would be pretty good.

I got mine from OneSixthKit on Saturday. As others have mentioned, the sculpt looks good but the neckline is pretty bad (but its visibility can be minimized depending on the pose). The cape on mine was a crumpled, accordion-folded mess out of the box, so I ironed out the folds & now it hangs fuller & looks much better. You may want to try that before buying a new one. The suit fits well with the exception of the midriff area. The body doesn't have much meat on it in that area, so I'm not sure if trying to snug it up will result in a significant improvement.

Just received mine and have the same review points.

1. A nice figure for the price point.
2. Neckline could have been designed better. They could have just followed the jawline to the hair in the back of the head and it would have looked much better. It's my biggest peeve.
3. Body is not too bad.
4. Suit could have been more form fitting, especially in the midriff area.
5. Face sculpt and paint apps are pretty good.
6. Gripping hands are molded closed. Fingers are molded so that they can't hold the knife. Strange implementation, so knife stays in sheath.
7. Cape material is very thin. Needs some work. I'm not even sure how it's supposed to look in the backside. Couldn't find photos in Google.

All in all, not too bad of a figure and a welcome addition to my Man of Steel display.

Here are some "Green Screen" pics... :wink1:

Faora 1.jpg

Faora 2.jpg

Faora 3.jpg

Got my Faora in and immediately starting modifying here. I did the Neck first. I little trim work. I also gave her a new VeryCool body. Here are the pictures after the mods.

AFM

Got my Faora in and immediately starting modifying here. I did the Neck first. I little trim work. I also gave her a new VeryCool body. Here are the pictures after the mods.

AFM

What did

You seem to have added a black collar that covers her neck completely. Was that inherent with the VeryCool body that you used?

Her neck looks a ton better please tell us what ya did on mod please ,thanks. Also was the suit easy to switch ?

You seem to have added a black collar that covers her neck completely. Was that inherent with the VeryCool body that you used?

It just black electrical tape. It was on there from another bash. After putting Faora back together I just left it on because it worked well with the mod I did on the head/neck.

Her neck looks a ton better please tell us what ya did on mod please ,thanks. Also was the suit easy to switch ?

I cut the neck on the sides, below the ears, so it lined up with the inside where the neck peg is. I also cut to match the hair line where it hangs on the neck. I also painted the inside part where the hair hangs black to hide the neck color that was exposed from cutting the neck part away. It looks pretty seamless now. I hope that helps.

AFM

After seeing in hand pics of the Faora figure, I'm personally not a fan of the sculpt. Looks a bit too "doll-like" for my liking. Not sure what the price for the figure is, but I'm presuming it's relatively inexpensive based on what people are saying. That being the case, I suppose it's good for what it is, given the inexpensive price tag.

Although even if it's inexpensive, I don't think I would force myself to purchase a secondhand figure just to have the character represented if it's going to look out of place in terms of quality next to the other figures from the film. Did that once with a Kumik Michelle Pfeiffer BR Catwoman and it just looks incongruous next to my BR Batman, DX12 and TDKR Selina Kyle. Odd thing is I still have it on the shelf for some reason. :lol

I wouldn't do it again though.

The sculpt is decent, but the bodysuit looks like crap. I might get the sculpt parted out in case I ever get the Scaletta suit and armor someday.

Just for those that don't know, Scalletta's suit, while thinner/better material, was also quite loose in the midrift area. I had to remove the zipper on mine, remove the excess and sew it back up to get it to fit as snug as the proto. However, it fit nice and tight everywhere else. The Scalleta took a bit of elbow grease to look good too.

Here is another Kryptonian that escape the planet's destruction. The Faora has a gray tighter body suit

Attachments

• DSC04847.JPG
    DSC04847.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC04849.JPG
    DSC04849.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC04850.jpg
    DSC04850.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC04851.jpg
    DSC04851.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 194
Here is another Kryptonian that escape the planet's destruction. The Faora has a gray tighter body suit

Hey,
Did yu use à coreplay body on yur custom?
I was thinking about swaping faoras body for a bigger more Athletic onde but looks like the suit looks stil loose on the coreplay body :(((
Probably gonna pass on buying this figure :(

Back