1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely one of the nicer DCEU figures that still holds up fairly well. It would benefit from better articulation like how HT improved the articulation on the from the regular Armored Batman to the BD version. I miss this figure at times as I still have my CREG Customs sculpt that I've never painted or got painted, but I no longer have the figure. If current rumors about the Flash are true, maybe will get a reissue at the very least.

Last edited:
Hey guys, know that a lot of time has passed since the release of this figure, but I don't have one and have been considering picking one up.

What are your thoughts about this figure now that some time has passed?

How does this figure "stack-up" with more recent releases?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/input!
It holds up very well with great presence on the shelf. I wish it had another portrait sculpt, but the one that it has is very expressive. The detail work on the armor is impressive, and the body suit is really nice. If you're in to Superman, Zod and Jor-El are worth getting. Both are great efforts from HT that hold up.

It's definitely one of the nicer DCEU figures that still holds up fairly well. It would benefit from better articulation like how HT improved the articulation on the from the regular Armored Batman to the BD version. I miss this figure at times as I still have my CREG Customs sculpt that I've never painted or got painted, but I no longer have the figure. If current rumors about the Flash are true, maybe will get a reissue at the very least.
Wow, a reissue?
Is Zod possibly appearing in the upcoming Flash movie?

Everyone seems to be in it...apart from Cavill because WB suck balls.

It's a must-have for my small "Man of Steel" display. I think it looks great and stands up fine with HT's latest releases. With the head sculpt or the helmet, he definitely looks intimidating.

It really depends of what you want in your collection and as part of a Superman collection.

View attachment 571826
This is a fantastic photo!!!!
And yeah maybe it is because of the armor and paintwork but when looking at this picture it doesn't shout that Zod is an old figure at all.

I think, I would be torn on whether to display him with or without the helmet.

Everyone seems to be in it...apart from Cavill because WB suck balls.
I have been a Marvel fan my whole life, but I rank Batman as one of my favorite characters, I also liked Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern to a lesser degree . I never really liked Superman growing up I think I always saw him as overpowered and uninteresting. I hate to admit it but one of the main reasons I was happy to see BvS made is because I wanted to see Batman kick the crap out of Superman (I know shameful).

That said, I liked MOS a lot and I loved ZSJL so I have a growing appreciation for Superman.
I hope that they can get Cavill in on the project, I really like him in that role. I don't know what people say about Cavill on the boards or whatever but personally I think he is a really good Superman ...So I may pick up a Superman figure down the line, something that was unthinkable for me a few years ago :)

It holds up very well with great presence on the shelf. I wish it had another portrait sculpt, but the one that it has is very expressive. The detail work on the armor is impressive, and the body suit is really nice. If you're in to Superman, Zod and Jor-El are worth getting. Both are great efforts from HT that hold up.
Thanks Turtle!

Wow, a reissue?
Is Zod possibly appearing in the upcoming Flash movie?
Spoiler Spoiler:

This is a fantastic photo!!!!
And yeah maybe it is because of the armor and paintwork but when looking at this picture it doesn't shout that Zod is an old figure at all.

I think, I would be torn on whether to display him with or without the helmet.
Thank you! My little MoS display is one of my favorite figure collections. "Man of Steel" is one of my favorite superhero films.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Interesting

Not the best photos, but eh :lol

A3160A8D-E45C-414D-8B8E-12D8BE1186ED.jpeg
7EB36A71-2F00-466F-BEE5-2E95F896BB65.jpeg
E19BE7ED-782A-4B20-98A6-A58C4253D7AC.jpeg

Thanks! :duff

I was attempting to go for the moment in the first flight sequence where he looks up at the sun before taking off. I’m glad you like it!

Back