1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been stroking my chin over getting this chap, since seeing him in the local Forbidden Planet.

Found one on ebay today for £130. YOINK!

DO you think the prices will go mad? I've been thinking about going for this guy - he looks awesome - but I was thinking I can get hi later (Armory & GoTG priorty atm). I'd also like to get Superman...

I could see Zod going the Bane route.

Yeah, I agree. Lots of people like their hero figures to come with a villain figure, and if the Batman V Superman villain figure isn't as cool visually as Zod then Zod will become the preferred villain figure. Plus, HT aren't going to make anymore because although Zod is cool he's not as iconic as, say, Ledger Joker.

Yeah I have 23 and I think its getting to be a bit much.

Im the same...I have 30 something and love my collection but lately I feel right this is crazy need to back off.
Might get TWS and thats me..out of space in the room they are in and sick of being robbed by customs.

Im the same...I have 30 something and love my collection but lately I feel right this is crazy need to back off.
Might get TWS and thats me..out of space in the room they are in and sick of being robbed by customs.

I would never sell my figures, at least not by choice, but I can see how others could. Keeping a rotation at a set number would keep a collection in check.

I would never sell my figures, at least not by choice, but I can see how others could. Keeping a rotation at a set number would keep a collection in check.

I dont intend selling any figures at all..was just saying however I feel the 30 plus figures is alot and I do like everyone of them.
And I don't want a situation where im buying figures and sticking the other ones away in storage...but that's just me.
Maybe you just go trough phases...like the other day when I got Art fig Dredd I tought cool glad to have it but I dont get that same buzz anymore..maybe its the fact Im 37 with a wife and kids:lol

I only collect favorite characters, I just don't have the cash to be getting entire lines for the sake of it. I'm already in enough debt as it is, lol.

I only collect favorite characters, I just don't have the cash to be getting entire lines for the sake of it. I'm already in enough debt as it is, lol.

That's what I'm trying to do. I love collecting but I have to keep tabs on it so I'm trying to only get characters that I really like. The trouble is, they creep in when you start thinking 'I have X so I really should get Y to compliment it' :gah:

I've limited myself to a few core Avengers (plus Loki), a GotG set (the whole team and hopefully Ronan) and Batman Armory. I worry though that once I have Batman, I'll want Selina and Bane (I'm already waiting for a Joker 2.0!).

That's what I'm trying to do. I love collecting but I have to keep tabs on it so I'm trying to only get characters that I really like. The trouble is, they creep in when you start thinking 'I have X so I really should get Y to compliment it' :gah:

I've limited myself to a few core Avengers (plus Loki), a GotG set (the whole team and hopefully Ronan) and Batman Armory. I worry though that once I have Batman, I'll want Selina and Bane (I'm already waiting for a Joker 2.0!).

How long have you been collecting Hot Toys/high-end figures? I don't want to assume just because of your recent joining date as you might be a veteran who's lurked for years before officially joining the forums, but if you are indeed fairly new to this, I'd say there's a chance of your eventually learning to shake off the "must have" feeling sooner or later.

I was like that. I know a lot of fellow collectors who were like that. My first HT was 89 Batman. When I got him I said "I need to get Joker soon!", and I did, just a few days after. I was one of those guys who'd post "where's (insert character's name here), HT?!" just because one from the same franchise was released. I spent hours online looking for good deals as I backtracked figures released when I wasn't into HTs yet, just so the display would "make more sense". Now, I'm like "oh I love Rocket and Groot. Nope, I can live without Star-Lord. Sure he looks great, but I'd be fine without him".

Your mileage may vary, though :)

I'm very new to collecting high end figures. I started off with Marvel Legends but (surprisingly) my wife suggested Hot Toys/SS as they look like more than "cheap little plastic figures". And so it started. So far I only have Avengers Captain America and Loki. Pre-ordered I have Deadpool, Groot & Rocket and Star Lord direct from SS and I have Gamora on order through a UK site. I also have Dark World Thor on a pre-order with no deposit but thinking of cancelling that. I also ordered the Batman Armory with Alfred & Bruce. I regret that but it's all paid for so I need to watch out for DC universe collecting creeping in! (Crikey I didn't realise how much I have on order!!)

All of the GotG pre orders were made at the start, before I even got Captain America - I think I was intending on only collecting GotG figures but then I saw Captain cheap on Ebay and after that I made it my mission to get Loki. Now I have them two I feel like I need ot get at least Thor & Ironman and probably Widow but it feels like that's a dangerous route to go down!

found this figure about $160 in local market with mint condition, super tempting even im not planning to get the Kal-El.

How long have you been collecting Hot Toys/high-end figures? I don't want to assume just because of your recent joining date as you might be a veteran who's lurked for years before officially joining the forums, but if you are indeed fairly new to this, I'd say there's a chance of your eventually learning to shake off the "must have" feeling sooner or later.

I was like that. I know a lot of fellow collectors who were like that. My first HT was 89 Batman. When I got him I said "I need to get Joker soon!", and I did, just a few days after. I was one of those guys who'd post "where's (insert character's name here), HT?!" just because one from the same franchise was released. I spent hours online looking for good deals as I backtracked figures released when I wasn't into HTs yet, just so the display would "make more sense". Now, I'm like "oh I love Rocket and Groot. Nope, I can live without Star-Lord. Sure he looks great, but I'd be fine without him".

Your mileage may vary, though :)

Same here.

While awesome and well made, GOTG or even Avengers are not figure worthy for me.

Even SW, so iconic! But I just know that getting into that screams divorce. Gotta choose wisely.

Back