1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! I used to have quite a bit more, including some nice statues, but had some money issues in the past couple years and had to let them go. Took weird photos cause apartment has no lighting. Moving next month to a more well lit apartment, saving money, hopefully can get better looking collection at that point. However, I have learned to be a more discerning collector. Don't want to keep spending all my free money on my collection. It would be nice too though lol.

Well more power to you.
Kudos.

Lol. NOW you tell me, after i pay you for a MKVI.
Actually i was planning to do a fully Battle Damaged MKVII with all the parts the BD one doesn't have.
I was also going to have one with my Avengers display and one in the HOA too.
but i have other ideas too.
And i don't want to get rid of those things right now.

I didnt know you had it for trade :lol

woops, well if things change hit me up

BBTS is overpricing. This is not an old, rare item - it's brand new, just recently released. They're behaving like scalpers and taking advantage of the situation, not behaving as a typical retailer should.

The $200 price already includes a markup, they don't need an additional $45 to justify their bottom line.

Well no, I won't argue that at all! I just meant that you're pretty much going to be paying that on Ebay and whathaveyou, so it may be better to just suck it up and go through BBTS so you actually know what you're getting is all. I've read a lot of Ebay horror stories from people in these forums.

But yes, when it comes down to it I'd just get onto the Sideshow waitlist and hope it converts! Seems like quite a few people are getting on the wait list and seeing it convert, and while some are jumping onto the Catwoman train -- be it due to not collecting at the time of pre-order, or liking what they see -- there's also quite a few hopping off due to likeness issues they have, or worries with the goggle quality.

In the end, I know it's easy to just want it now, as I'm guilty of that myself quite often! But if you do, you'll pay a bit of a premium to do so -- even if it is unfair that actual retailers knocked up the price to pad their own pockets due to demand. If you can hold out, maybe the wait list will convert! But if this is a must own for you and you don't want to risk it, then yeah, check out Ebay feedback from the sellers you're interested in and make sure they're legit and from there you can decide what to do :)

IMG_6372crop.jpg

IMG_6392crop.jpg

IMG_6361crop.jpg

I recommend those on the fence GET this figure- unlike Batman and Joker, I don't see HT ever redoing this again....

Yeah, I feel pretty certain that this and Bane will be one-offs.

Agreed.

And even Bane at least had a couple different looks (stock exchange and the boss jacket).

Granted Selina had some various looks too, but it was all civilian type clothes. There may be a very outside chance that they'd do a different Bane in a couple years, but Ms. Kyle--I highly doubt it.

No need to be nasty lads.
We all have to start somewhere, and a smaller display might just mean a more discerning collector.
My collection has relevance to me, but might hold no relevance to anyone else.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

You're a good man, username!:hi5:
I'd buy you a pint anytime.

I'd rather see a collection of meaningful collectibles to someone then a cluttered mess that simply shows off how much money has been spent and figures accumulated over time.

Lol! I used to have quite a bit more, including some nice statues, but had some money issues in the past couple years and had to let them go. Took weird photos cause apartment has no lighting. Moving next month to a more well lit apartment, saving money, hopefully can get better looking collection at that point. However, I have learned to be a more discerning collector. Don't want to keep spending all my free money on my collection. It would be nice too though lol.

It sounds to me like you have the right idea.:goodpost:

Keep it up.

Wow, Wow, Wow, just unboxed this figure and what is GOING ON' i mean the quality of it is very Lacking; notice part of the leather is wearing turning white; just over all while in hand it feels "cheap" only thing that made me stop boxing it back up and selling it used was it was cool to pose her holding the batman cowl with her goggles on; but im not gonna pose it very much as it seems like the material is going to wear down quick, imo

For those looking for a catwoman still, I don't think its worth above retail, money well spent elsewhere.

Wow, Wow, Wow, just unboxed this figure and what is GOING ON' i mean the quality of it is very Lacking; notice part of the leather is wearing turning white; just over all while in hand it feels "cheap" only thing that made me stop boxing it back up and selling it used was it was cool to pose her holding the batman cowl with her goggles on; but im not gonna pose it very much as it seems like the material is going to wear down quick, imo

For those looking for a catwoman still, I don't think its worth above retail, money well spent elsewhere.

Whiiiiiiiiite o noooooooo :panic:

Please show us pictures

Just unboxed mine. The goggles look too flimsy to even touch. Might need to stock up on spare goggles. Overall she's nice.

Yeah, when opened up mine, the Sideshow Exclusive sticker was crooked by an 1/8 of an inch on the box and one of the boots had a few creases near her ankles.

So glad I only paid retail for her.:rolleyes2

i agree pictures would help.

i am deliberately trying to stress the material on mine to decide whether to keep my number two and so far it's held up (the undersuit makes raising her arms over her head near impossible, but i've been rough-housing the rest of it pretty good so far). would like to get rid of the undersuit eventually, i think.

durability is the hugest factor to me in deciding whether to buy spare parts/multiples, etc.

Back