1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've only been charged for one ~ and no shipping notice (boo hoo hoo).

this thread will be all used up by the time i get mine out of the box sometime next week (crossing my fingers for tuesday).

: D

My photos thread > https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131614

pav6.jpg

Amazing photos as always, Agen! One of the very few posters who can actually pull off a high-contrast themed shoot. :3 And may I just say, your photos were the reason why I killed a Winnie the Pooh or two just to get the DKR Batpod. :clap

*crosses fingers for Selina Kyle by the end of the week*

Last edited:
Should get mine tomorrow. Shipped with signature required. I thought the amount for Sideshow requiring signature was higher. Anyways, tomorrow or Thursday if I have to pick it up at the UPS hub.

Charged for my EX. No shipping notice as of yet. However, nothing on my regular yet.

Hopefully I will get my shipping notice tomorrow, I'm definitely seeing getting it this week either Thursday or Friday. Since I didn't receive the notice today I'm banking on Thurs or Friday.

It's pretty academic with SSC and me, once they charge me, I usually get it that week. Especially when they charge me early in the week:lecture

This has to be one of the rarest times I will get my SS one, before I get my one coming from overseas..Go figure.

Last edited:
Got my shipping soon status, but no tracking info. I PO the non-EX Salina Kyle. I hope I get it soon. This is my third Hot toys figure but first time buying through SS.

Thanks agen for the amazing pictures. The excellent photography really does betray the inadequacies of the figure! Yep the pix are that good. Thanks for those.

Regarding the figure...This was supposed to have a non-removable mask originally, right? So when you look at the 'mask-off' face, you can see where the attachment point on her forehead was clearly supposed to be, there is a deep divot between her eyes. This has also affected her eyebrows so they look a bit off. Still, I will not be posing this with the mask off anyway and whilst the theory of having more posing options was nice...I don't think it worked out too well this time.

And what's with the change in hair colour? Auburn highlights, seriously? I know that no one's hair is all one colour naturally and that's fine at 1:1 scale, but at 1:6 it just is too obvious.

I know that it sounds like I am really down on the figure but I am not. I can see what HT have tried to do and I appreciate that for what it is. Sadly, I just don't think that these attempts have turned out too well. I shall put it in the "DX09 Cape" category...saw what they were trying to do and appreciated the attempt even if it did not come out too well.

And besides, it will different in hand at true 1:6 perspective, and not when enlarged enormously on a computer monitor. I want this figure and I am glad that I ordered it, I will complete with SSC later today and it should be with me early next week now.

oh why not, i'll say it:

an unflattering picture is never an excellent picture unless the object of the photographer is to reveal flaws.

methinks the forum doth protest too much sometimes and the emperor isn't always dressed.

yes, the figure has flaws ~ a good futz, a selective pose, and a good photo will conceal them. and they certainly won't have to stand out on the shelf. in-hand i'm guessing half the "ouch" factors of recent images will be barely noticeable to most buyers.

and people with it in-hand now are already saying as much.

Back