1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Is it even Hathaway in the image on the left?

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

She looks like she has a flat butt to me

I'm trying to be patient, I really am, but dammit Batman needs his Catwoman :gah:. Honestly, I think the googles are going to be removable. Which kind of sucks, cause that means I'm going to wish I had gotten a second one when prices of the Selina headsculpt are a ridiculous price. :thud:

I'm trying to be patient, I really am, but dammit Batman needs his Catwoman :gah:. Honestly, I think the googles are going to be removable. Which kind of sucks, cause that means I'm going to wish I had gotten a second one when prices of the Selina headsculpt are a ridiculous price. :thud:

personally, it wouldn't make sense as to why the goggles would be removable. she was never shown without them on while wearing her suit in the movie.

It would not be movie accurate to have the goggles be removable, But given the rooted hair for the figure, I believe it would be easier to not have the goggles sculpted. That and the fact Hot Toys listed the goggles in accessories makes me think they will be removable. I might be wrong, and I would be okay with that. But, if they are removable, and we get a maskless head sculpt, I will kitbash a Selina Kyle to go with my Bruce. I think this is the only Catwoman we are ever going to get from Hot Toys and I hope they give us multiple display opportunities.

i dunno about anyone else, but i love these toys because you can do things with them that didn't happen in the movies. if i were just going to recreate the movie (and obsess about screen accuracy), i'd put on the dvd and watch it ~ save myself all that effort.

: D

I would hope the goggles could be removable so ppl could make awesome kitbashes.

i dunno about anyone else, but i love these toys because you can do things with them that didn't happen in the movies. if i were just going to recreate the movie (and obsess about screen accuracy), i'd put on the dvd and watch it ~ save myself all that effort.

couldn't agree more :goodpost:

Since the mask in the movies was removable, it would be completely movie accurate to have it removable on the figure - I don't recall that it was surgically attached after all. What we didn't see in the movie was a scene where she had the mask removed while in costume - but that's irrelevant. We also never saw a scene of her disrobing - should we have gotten a sculpted costume too?

Since this is supposed to be a "movie masterpiece" and isn't a $20 toy, having a removable mask adds to the realism of the miniaturization.

I can almost guarantee that the initial plan was a non-removable mask, based on the way the product was described and detailed on Hot Toys site. I'm not altering my pre-order either way and I'll probably keep the mask on while the figure is in its main display area.

It would have been amazing if they could have worked out a great looking removable cowl for batman. Obviously with the properties of the materials they're working with this would not have been feasible - a head sculpt doesn't squish like the skin and hair on a human head do.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:I agree...frankly it gets a little tiresome the people who are always worried about screen accuracy. I know some people buy them to put in glass cases, I buy mines to play with, so most of the time I am not trying to recreate the movie. I just want a cool figure to play with.

I would hope the goggles could be removable so ppl could make awesome kitbashes.

:exactly:
From day one, I thought the goggles looked like they where removable and I've wanted to make a Selina kitbash to go with my Bruce kitbash. If they end up being attached, I'll be disappointed, but I'll be okay with it as long as its an awesome figure.

if they end up being attached, i'm chopping them off my no. 2 and reconstructing her face. i want to be able to have bruce and selina together ~ and catwoman and batman.

Hopefully the delay is so that HT can get the goggles to be removable and still function properly as a mask. I don't know if i have enough patience and or ambition to resculpt her face if they aren't removable. But then, I too want Bruce and Selina as well as Batman and Catwoman....

They're removable....I hope they're removable...They're removable. :pray:

From the HT coming soon pics, up next is Snake Eyes this week! So, will Selina be the last or is it the big guy? hmmm

From the HT coming soon pics, up next is Snake Eyes this week! So, will Selina be the last or is it the big guy? hmmm

Is this truly confirmed or is it just the same negative speculation I made a few pages back??

Is this truly confirmed or is it just the same negative speculation I made a few pages back??

90% sure, just got a heads up from my local retailer where I got my mark 7 a couple of weeks ago - they get their stock from HK direct

trust me, as soon as it becomes available I will get selina with the bat cowl exclusive edition

Sadly your speculation may be correct. If im not mistaken The mark VII bust was recently released, now it seems GI is next and if it continues Hulk then selina last :monkey2

Sadly your speculation may be correct. If im not mistaken The mark VII bust was recently released, now it seems GI is next and if it continues Hulk then selina last :monkey2

Negativity wins again.
:gah::gah::gah::gah:

Now HT are just having a laugh. :mad::mad:

Back