1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Wow, people are getting touchy with the delays. It gets here when it gets here. Hot Toys gives me quality. I'm not in it for the speed of releases. We should all be used to it by now anyway. AND at $200 + each, I'm in no rush for all that cash to fly out of my wallet.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

h28A9366E

Wow, people are getting touchy with the delays.

I think it is because in the last 12 months:

The Tumbler
The Batpod
89 Batman
89 Joker
TDKR Batman
1/4 TDKR Batman
Joker 2.0
Thor
Loki
Captain America
Black Widow
Luke Skywalker
89 Batmobile
Bane
Catwoman
Camo Tumbler
Mark VII
Hulk

Have all been delayed, by several months. I think Coulson has been like the only figure released on time lol.

Naming no names... but.... I've noticed a lot of our newer members in the Iron Man/Marvel section have become quite aggressive with each other, it seems they have now started to drift into other threads expecting to get the same treatment. I hope this is a short term Iron Man 3 phenomena, and they take their aggressive smart assed behaviour away again....

Just go over to the Iron Man BD Mark VII thread to see what I mean..
:lol

:goodpost:
You are unfortunately very correct Rorywan. I've actually been caught in a few of their webs over the past few months so I am pretty much just coming on and reading for information on releases, PO's, etc.. and maybe posting the occassional bit of info such as MY STATUS JUST CHANGED TO ITEM SHIPPING SOON.

Its no fun arguing about economic, racism or politics on a toy forum. Especially since you may be arguing with a 15 year old or like you said, someone looking to be aggressive and a smart arse.

I think it is because in the last 12 months:

The Tumbler
The Batpod
89 Batman
89 Joker
TDKR Batman
1/4 TDKR Batman
Joker 2.0
Thor
Loki
Captain America
Black Widow
Luke Skywalker
89 Batmobile
Bane
Catwoman
Camo Tumbler
Mark VII
Hulk

Have all been delayed, by several months. I think Coulson has been like the only figure released on time lol.

The list of shame. haha

This release has soured my feelings about Hot Toys. Their wait times are ridiculous. They really need to be up front with Sideshow and tell them when the product is actually going to ship. Instead of giving them no info or making them push it back constantly each month, just say hey, this is delayed until November.

I cancelled Catwoman yesterday and am in the process of selling my Nolan HT collection. I'm tired of constant delays, ridiculous rising prices, constant do overs, missing key characters and overall declining quality.

I don't understand why one figure from a line taking so long to come out would drive you to sell off your collection and cancel the item you at one time wanted but can't wait any longer to own.... :dunno

You go on to say you are only getting Burton stuff from here on out. They haven't even REVEALED the Batman Returns stuff that they announced ages ago but you'll be ok with the wait for that to be shown and then the 18+ month wait for it to be released?

I hate the pre-order rip off that Hot Toys and their distributors use, because most of the figures come with issues, that's why we have to mod them and for the price they now want is ridiculous, would you buy a car based only on the specs and pictures that the manufacturer gives you? of course not! I refuse to pre order any Hot Toys figures, I only buy after I see the pics and issues that fellow members have posted here when they have it in hand. Selinas figure is sold out everywhere so that means I will have to wait longer for a good price, I have never over payed for a Hot Toys figure since there's alway people that are disappointed when they see the figure they order in hand, so I'll wait, is better than ordering something that turns out to be crap.

Wow, people are getting touchy with the delays. It gets here when it gets here. Hot Toys gives me quality. I'm not in it for the speed of releases. We should all be used to it by now anyway. AND at $200 + each, I'm in no rush for all that cash to fly out of my wallet.

I get what you're saying, but take something like the recently announced Robocop--does anyone REALLY believe that it's coming out next February?? :lol

I don't understand why one figure from a line taking so long to come out would drive you to sell off your collection and cancel the item you at one time wanted but can't wait any longer to own.... :dunno

You go on to say you are only getting Burton stuff from here on out. They haven't even REVEALED the Batman Returns stuff that they announced ages ago but you'll be ok with the wait for that to be shown and then the 18+ month wait for it to be released?

It's not just the one figure, it's the whole laundry list of things I listed in the post of mine that you quoted. This is the final nail in the coffin for me. I've been collecting these Nolan Batman figures since Hot Toys started producing them.

I'm tired of buying a new and "improved" Batman figure every other year, only to have it come with it's own slew of problems. I'm tired of waiting on Ras and waiting on Gordon who are apparently never going to happen.

As far as the Burton Batman merch is concerned, again like I said, I have no other choice but Hot toys. This is the only stuff on the Market beside the 1/4 scale NECA version (which I have 2 pre ordered of) and the Hot Wheels stuff. Before the DX Nicholson Joker, the only other figure was the original Kenner toy.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from getting Catwoman, in fact I am super happy that someone will get mine. I'm just saying, I'm done with it .

I get what you're saying, but take something like the recently announced Robocop--does anyone REALLY believe that it's coming out next February?? :lol

You're right. There is no way I'm expecting Robocop on time. What I'm sayin is, given that long list of delayed figures we know what to expect. And I mean that in a good way. I know now not to get my hopes up, there's nothing I can do about it, and I enjoy the beautiful figures I have until the new one releases.

But then again, this is an internet forum and there will always be something to complain about. :)

Think how I feel in the UK. I pre-ordered my Joker 2.0 in July 2012 and it arrived yesterday near a year later and over 6mths since pictures emerged on the net of Hong Kong owners.

My current orders will be miles in the future... My MkVII will land with me probably about Xmas time. Selina which I ordered will hit me early 2014 I rekkon..! I get the odd ones from sideshow and they do arrive much faster but it works out more money with import taxes and shipping so I just have to wait...! Fastest I ever had was Avengers Cap as I took a gamble and pre-ordered it off HK seller on eBay and I got it really fast.

Amazing people will cancel because of a delay.

Let's whip some people

Back