MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I paid for insurance and didn't notice the cracks before they shipped. Am I being reasonable to have him make a claim with USPS before I agree to anything?

The cracks are prolly there before you shipped it, just that you didn't notice it until he brought it up.

You could make use of the insurance from USPS, but by reasonable do you mean taking advantage of USPS claim?

No, I don't want to take advantage of the USPS or anything like that. I suppose its possible it escaped my notice because the flaws are very minor. It might be easier to refund the money and protect myself better the next time I sell an item like this.

I only noticed mine had cracks after reading this thread haha.. I did a pretty good once over back when I got him and had it sitting on the shelf ever since. Took a bit of force to move the legs around and bend the knees.. but the stress lines didnt get worse. I dont think these are cracks all the way through anyway

It's your money at the end of the day, but anyone else thinks that shelling over $400 for something that cracks as soon as you move the leg a bit absurd?

I'm pretty sure people who bought EB are more vocal bout their disappointments when it comes to defect EB figures. :lol

No, I don't want to take advantage of the USPS or anything like that. I suppose its possible it escaped my notice because the flaws are very minor. It might be easier to refund the money and protect myself better the next time I sell an item like this.

the usps will never pay a claim unless the shipping box is trashed and the color collector box and shipping box's damage corresponds to the item damage. experience counts. :)

You should tell him to talk to HT about it, since probably left the factory that way. Or just return it. Was not damaged during transport.

Should have said 'Item sold as is'

I'm obliged to give the partial refund he asked for considering he is in Guam and it took three weeks to get there. He asked for parcel post when he ordered it from me so it sat on a boat for three weeks.

i'd say that's fair. hot toys figures have problems from time to time. i put a disclosure in my auctions saying no refunds, no returns, and i'm not responsible for factory imperfections. some people are fanatical about every little production problem. all you can do is promise factory sealed but not the way the figure was made.

i had a guy complain about the actual sculpt of a captain america statue. he saw a dent, but in actuality it was a joint crease in the leg. it was sculpted that way!!!! that's what prompted me to add the 'not responsible for factory imperfections'. take it up with the company that made it.

Good luck with that. Even when fully disclosed ( factory imperfections, no returns, etc) Ebay is always in favor of the buyer. ALWAYS.
They will make you refund the buyer as soon as the resolution center gets involved. Great seller feedback? That doesn't even matter anymore.
What I suggest if you must sell in eBay?
Don't do it.
You still think is safe?
Disclose imperfections, check your item thoroughly. Keep in mind that does not hold a candle against buyer's claims. There's good people in the world, but there's some that just want to see it burn.

I'm obliged to give the partial refund he asked for considering he is in Guam and it took three weeks to get there. He asked for parcel post when he ordered it from me so it sat on a boat for three weeks.

Offer a full refund if returned. He'll pay way more than those 70 you feel obliged to return. Make him insure it and all.

Good luck with that. Even when fully disclosed ( factory imperfections, no returns, etc) Ebay is always in favor of the buyer. ALWAYS.
They will make you refund the buyer as soon as the resolution center gets involved. Great seller feedback? That doesn't even matter anymore.
What I suggest if you must sell in eBay?
Don't do it.
You still think is safe?
Disclose imperfections, check your item thoroughly. Keep in mind that does not hold a candle against buyer's claims. There's good people in the world, but there's some that just want to see it burn.

that was the case about a year ago. ebay and paypal have seriously taken closer looks at claims because there has been way too many scammers trying to get over on sellers. the days of breezing through a bypass of the rules and ethical behavior has come to a complete halt for rip offs trying to work the system to their advantage.

that was the case about a year ago. ebay and paypal have seriously taken closer looks at claims because there has been way too many scammers trying to get over on sellers. the days of breezing through a bypass of the rules and ethical behavior has come to a complete halt for rip offs trying to work the system to their advantage.

Really?
I had TWO cases that I lost against people with a whooping feedback of 6 and 2 respectively. in the past month. saying that they did not receive the item, even though tracking shows as delivered.
eBay solution For a seller of 300+ good ratings?
A 5$ coupon, advise to ship everything with insurance regardless of amount, and of course, refund items plus shipping.
eBay is a joke.

Really?
I had TWO cases that I lost against people with a whooping feedback of 6 and 2 respectively. in the past month. saying that they did not receive the item, even though tracking shows as delivered.
eBay solution For a seller of 300+ good ratings?
A 5$ coupon, advise to ship everything with insurance regardless of amount, and of course, refund items plus shipping.
eBay is a joke.

you had proof of delivery, a signature for items valued over $250, and they sided with them? twice? :lol

if you ship to the paypal confirmed address (OK to Ship) and get a signature when it's delivered....you're covered. you need to call ebay or paypal and remind them of their own terms and conditions. this is what you should see under the payment details:

icon_oktoship_29x32.gif
OK to ship

We recommend that you:

Ship to the buyer's address on this page
Use a shipping service with signature confirmation
Save all tracking information or other proof of shipment

Protection for items not received

When you ship to the address on this page and provide proof that the item was delivered and signed for, you're protected against claims for items not received. For complete requirements, see terms.

Protection for unauthorized payments

When you ship to the address on this page and provide proof that the item was delivered and signed for, you're protected against claims for unauthorised payments. For complete requirements, see terms.

read the FAQ:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&fli=true&content_ID=ua/SellerProtection_full&locale.x=en_US

Back