MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess:

Good thing about doing something like that though is you get to test just how durable these figures are, I tend to treat them with kid gloves just posing the bloody things :slap :lol

:lol

Funny you should say that. Those chest covers you have to pull open to get the cockpit exposed look fragile but they took some snapping i can tell you.

Thanks guys!

I can't remember exactly when he lost his right glove during the fight, but I was basing the figure off the final shots of the armor:

T16YW.jpg

huh...never noticed that he lost the other glove in the fight as well! good eye

huh...never noticed that he lost the other glove in the fight as well! good eye

It's from the cut scene where Stark and Obadiah hold hands at the end, but as Obadiah starts to fall he tries to pull Tony over with him and Tony lefts his right glove detach to save himself, check the deleted scenes from the Ironman DVD.

I've just got to get me an Iron Monger, if anyone knows the absolute cheapest place to get it, with shipping, PM it to me. I wouldn't want everyone reading it and by the time I get there they're sold out, thanks.

It's from the cut scene where Stark and Obadiah hold hands at the end, but as Obadiah starts to fall he tries to pull Tony over with him and Tony lefts his right glove detach to save himself, check the deleted scenes from the Ironman DVD.

oh I see now! I wish that wasn't taken out

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWnCg88GmTI[/ame]

for anyone who wants to see it

Cool, thanks for posting that. Think they were right to pull it as it kind of just drags out the ending but neat to see, all the same.

Yep they made me smash it into little bits. Let me tell you, that sucked bad. It was perfect apart from the knee cover. I said can't you just get hold of one for me to put on? But they just said smash it. :(

Good lord I hope I don't have any problems with this figure. I'm still waiting on my dx12 replacement.

I went the full replacement route because I just couldn't bring myself to destroy the figure like they requested.

I got mine yesterday after the looooooooooooong wait.
I'm a bit ashamed to say it, because I saw it in person at SDCC and looked at all the photos, but dang, he's almost too big. He just overwhelms the rest of the collection.

Man that would of made for an awsome video you smashing the Monger. What did you use Baseball bat, Big Hammer, Bowling ball ?

I have heard of stuff like this before, little defects with figures, something you would think was easy to fix and you phone SSC up and they tell you to smash it to pieces and send them the bits. Must be something to do with insurance or something.

Cool, thanks for posting that. Think they were right to pull it as it kind of just drags out the ending but neat to see, all the same.

mind you, it would be a nicer send off go Obi than the one he got..it was more heart felt that Tony still tried to save him

Man that would of made for an awsome video you smashing the Monger...
Haha, yes, I was thinking the same thing. Something like "Iron Monger vs Steel Toed Boots" would work great! :p

I always thought they wanted the customer to smash defective stuff so that they couldn't resell it (and I'm sure that's part of it) but your point about insurance makes sense, too.

mind you, it would be a nicer send off go Obi than the one he got..it was more heart felt that Tony still tried to save him
Agreed, I liked that angle of it for sure. Can see why they liked it, too, but ultimately I prefer Tony getting out by the skin of his teeth and Obi going out in a blaze of glory.

Way to go guys. You both should get yours this week. Mine is still at Corner Store Comics and has not shipped out yet even though I placed the order Friday morning and got a UPS tracking number the same day. Cher at CSC said it should go on the truck today but at this point I should have skipped CSC altogether and just ordered with BBTS. Quicker shipping department, that's for sure. Can't believe this thing has been at CSC two full business days and did not go out.

Back