MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday. Totally awesome. Big, really big. No scale issues with me. Though I'm scared as heck to move any of the flaps and panels because HT's instructions su-uck! :lol

Leaving the Obi head off of the body because its a VERY tight fight with it there all closed up. Not worth the pant scratches/rubs. I'll just bash a full Obi now to stand by Monger.

I think the scratch risk is overstated. As long as the head is centered, the soft padding inside the helmet should protect the head paint for a long time, IMO.
What's frustrating to me, is the fact that the helmet can't tilt up hardly at all, so the face can't look skyward for a flight pose.

I really want an Iron Monger, but it's hard to swing with Christmas around the corner. Hopefully I'll be able to get one in the near future.

I think the scratch risk is overstated. As long as the head is centered, the soft padding inside the helmet should protect the head paint for a long time, IMO.
What's frustrating to me, is the fact that the helmet can't tilt up hardly at all, so the face can't look skyward for a flight pose.

i thought the head isnt able to fit when the helmet is closed. i didnt try to put obi head on cause of that didnt want to keep taking on and off head. ya i wish it could tilt up along with all the ironmen figures.

:lol

Great pics fellas. So looking forward to getting mine.

On a serious note:
monger4.jpg

Mr.Sallah. Great collection, but I highly recommend not using fluorescent lighting to illuminate your collection. UV rays will damage over time. Use incandescent instead.
Peace out :panic:

Halogens will produce better light (brighter, etc). They are more energy efficent and last longer then your standard Incandescent bulb, but obviously cost more.

If you are putting them in the ceiling or track lighting, then you are good to go.

The reason you want to stay away from fluorescent bulbs (or CFLs) is because of the amount of UV that it produces. The more UV, the more damaging to colors and paint on collectibles

EDIT: found a link on Homedepot website comparing the bulbs

https://ext.homedepot.com/shopping-tools/light-bulbs/bulbcomparison.html

LED is best above all others. Halogen lighting is far too hot. Especially if being used close to your collection.

Interesting information fellas. I learned something new and useful today. Thank you.

She is Making sure I DON'T OPEN IT!

:lol

I ordered my Iron Monger just now from CSC. Hopefully I'll have it next week. Just a great figure and should go great with my Mark III and IV.

Last edited:
Man....this thing sitting here right next to me makes me REALLY want a Mark III or IV. Woulda bought the Mark IV with the Gantry but I just can't afford it.
Ah well. Gotta remember to WANT what I already HAVE.
:)

Problem is the top of the helmet isn't padded, just the sides. So if Obi's head is too high, it could cause some damage to the top of that bald head of his. Just not worth the risk IMO. I've had horrible luck with HT paint quality lately so I'm not risking it :lol

Got the Monger yesterday. Again an awesome figure. pictures don't really do it justice. When it's in your hands then you know! I am not disappointed at all. As with the issues of a fully grown man being able to fit inside the suit, perhaps not , but the scale is big enough to look menacing. The main thing in my book it that it just looks cool!

i thought the head isnt able to fit when the helmet is closed. i didnt try to put obi head on cause of that didnt want to keep taking on and off head. ya i wish it could tilt up along with all the ironmen figures.
The head sculpt absolutely DOES fit inside the closed helmet perfectly. Just make sure the head is looking straight forward, and not tilted before you close the hatch.
There's some very soft padding inside the helmet to protect the head sculpt.

I was scared as hell to move the Knee joints on the Monger. They were real stiff but then I plucked up the courage and was able to bend them. He looks great now.

DSCF3075.jpg
DSCF3077.jpg
DSCF3079.jpg

I still get nervous moving the shoulder and upper arms. In fact, I usually look at the back of the figure and watch those pistons while I move 'em around, just to make sure I don't overextend one and pop it out. 'cuz I'm GREAT at that sort of thing.

Back