MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christ people, relax. The 25% code was valid on in-stock merch, which we all knew Iron Monger wasn't, it was a fluke the orders went through at all. DisneyStore has no obligation to honor those orders. Once someone realized what happened, they "fixed the glitch". I swear, the entitlement around here sometimes...

I never read the fine print - or the print! Haha I just assumed if it worked, it would work. That said, I'm still suprised that they didn't honor it... They billed and took money. From an accounting standpoint, the interest accrued in their supply chain for a few weeks before it was cancelled. Just good faith and all.

Christ people, relax. The 25% code was valid on in-stock merch, which we all knew Iron Monger wasn't, it was a fluke the orders went through at all. DisneyStore has no obligation to honor those orders. Once someone realized what happened, they "fixed the glitch". I swear, the entitlement around here sometimes...

Yep, as I clearly mentioned in my post on 7-19-12 in this very thread:

I placed an order for Iron Monger thru the Disney Store, but I hope it holds up. Read the fine print re: 25% items - it states items excluded include "items not in stock", so don't be surprised if they kick them out.
Of course, it also says eligible items will have the discount applied to them once you enter the code, so who knows?

My only real gripe is their stock reply to my e-mail contact. I personally feel no "entitlement", I can afford it at the regular retail, I just thought their handling of the issue was poor - though par for the course with Disney, apparently. :monkey1

My order's still active - it actually says it shipped out on 8/1 (???). Disney also charged me for it over a week ago too.

My order's still active - it actually says it shipped out on 8/1 (???). Disney also charged me for it over a week ago too.

I guarantee Disney ships nothing a week before they run a charge, and they don't have this to ship anyway.

you're sort of in a fix, if you contact them to inquire about what's going on, they'll probably can the order like the rest of the hopeful folks that put one in with them.

No way I'm missing this guy. Once I saw the prototype pics of the updated ED-209, I sold my original with custom dome to fund Iron Monger! Funds are ready as soon as Monger's released! :hi5:

I'll worry about how to fund the ED-209 2.0 next year! :lol

No way I'm missing this guy. Once I saw the prototype pics of the updated ED-209, I sold my original with custom dome to fund Iron Monger! Funds are ready as soon as Monger's released! :hi5:

I'll worry about how to fund the ED-209 2.0 next year! :lol

How are you going to fund Iron Monger 2.0? :lol

I'll probably regret not getting it but I simply can't afford it. As the song goes, you can't always get what you want.

What is their justification for canceling orders, when this is still available on Sideshows site :confused: Why did Disney's site allow you to place an order if it was sold out??? Did everyone from here get their order canceled ???

You should all demand that Disney let you to put that discount toward another item in the store :lecture

The justification is that they caught people cheating and so they cancelled their preorders,
where is the problem?

I'll probably regret not getting it but I simply can't afford it. As the song goes, you can't always get what you want.

:exactly::exactly: Plus, I can't get past the notion of paying for one figure with two figures worth of money. It's my own personal mental block.

Last edited:
Back