MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already PO'd the Iron Monger but wanted to chime in on this. HT is re-releasing MKI and that too is already perfect the way it is with the exception of the "new and improved" face sculpt. Down the line, with the improvement of sculpts, HT can also use the same reasoning and re-release Iron Monger with a "new and improved" Jeff Bridges face sculpt :)

HT won't re-release Iron Monger. Let's not get crazy with this whole "I'll-pass-on-the-first-one-since-HT-will-probably-come-out-with-another-version-down-the-line" nonsense. The Monger is already perfect the way it is and its onscreen battle damage in the movie is minimal, so HT has no valuable reason to make another one eventually, even if it loves milking the Iron Man franchise. This is most likely a one-time deal.

I already PO'd the Iron Monger but wanted to chime in on this. HT is re-releasing MKI and that too is already perfect the way it is with the exception of the "new and improved" face sculpt. Down the line, with the improvement of sculpts, HT can also use the same reasoning and re-release Iron Monger with a "new and improved" Jeff Bridges face sculpt :)

I disagree with the "perfect the way it is" statement re: the HT Mk I. Besides the sculpt issue, the entire surface finish isn't right. The HT Mk I is a very dull silver, and heavily pitted/weathered looking. The actual movie suit was FAR cleaner/shinier looking. Yes, the suit was improvised, but the base materials were mostly new munitions and parts, not scrapyard junk. Witness:

ironman29.jpg

3406213142_53b6a999a6.jpg

Honestly the original HT Mk1 surface condition looks more like after the fight and crash when it's been pieced back together.

HT is bragging on the special steel like finish on the Iron Monger, could be applying a more realistic finish for the Mk I may be part of the reason for the revisit (that and raking in an *$$load of cash anyway...)

Last edited:
You also have to exaggerate some detail for the scale. Comparing texturing on a 1/1 object and 1/6 object isn't really fair.

You guys, Im having a hard time getting back to HT again. But releases like this are making it very difficult. I also missed out on the MK 1, but now I hear there is another version coming soon!

As a big IM collector I just get anything IM and love this Iron Monger. But I just cant get myself to pull the trigger.

One question, do you think this will be around for a while? Also, do you think the cots justifies the sculpt/toy?

Please let me know so I can decide.

You saw this at comic-con right? There is nothing short of freaking amazing with this figure. The HT Iron Man items are worth the money and then some. If you're truly a fan of Iron Man you have to get these unless you're just statues are always better than 1:6th collectors.

You guys, Im having a hard time getting back to HT again. But releases like this are making it very difficult. I also missed out on the MK 1, but now I hear there is another version coming soon!

As a big IM collector I just get anything IM and love this Iron Monger. But I just cant get myself to pull the trigger.

One question, do you think this will be around for a while? Also, do you think the cots justifies the sculpt/toy?

Please let me know so I can decide.

Alex if you pass on this Iron Monger than you should just stop collecting IM figures altogether. You have every IM figure/statue under the sun, to pass on this epic achievement in 1/6 form would be a sin.

Alex if you pass on this Iron Monger than you should just stop collecting IM figures altogether. You have every IM figure/statue under the sun, to pass on this epic achievement in 1/6 form would be a sin.

Ditto, and given the size/cost, I wouldn't care to be wagering on him sticking around. I doubt they'll make a huge number more than they think will sell easily.

Yeah I'm in with the others by saying this has to be a must buy for any Iron Man fan & forgot about the ones who say HT will reissue it later down the line, maybe they will but if they don't, it'll probably be around the Tumbler price in time on eBay, this'll end up being a Grail piece. I just can't wait to get mine, I've been so excited for this figure for way to long.

I have zero IM figures as it is really not a line that I cared to collect. I had the Mark II Armor Unleashed version Pre-ordered but ended up cancelling it in place of the Classic Predator. Not certain this would blend in at all with my collection yet keep coming back to the page wanting to pre-order it. Would it make much sense to get this if I have no other Iron Man figures?

I have zero IM figures as it is really not a line that I cared to collect. I had the Mark II Armor Unleashed version Pre-ordered but ended up cancelling it in place of the Classic Predator. Not certain this would blend in at all with my collection yet keep coming back to the page wanting to pre-order it. Would it make much sense to get this if I have no other Iron Man figures?

Monger will make your Predators look like a bunch of wimps :D

I remember thinking like that over the Mark I, I could of scored it for £160 delivered but back then I didn't know much about HT & how there prices can soar, so in the end I thought what's the point with out a Mark III, the suit I really wanted. HT went on to reissue the Mark III which I bought but by that time the Mark I prices had soared. You can still pick up the Mark III at a good price if you want a figure to go with Monger & I wouldn't be surprised if HT reissued the Mark III all together :pray:

You saw this at comic-con right? There is nothing short of freaking amazing with this figure. The HT Iron Man items are worth the money and then some. If you're truly a fan of Iron Man you have to get these unless you're just statues are always better than 1:6th collectors.

Just. Do. It.

Now.

Yes ok
Just put my order in :)

I want to show you something.....
A statue of Iron Monger, but to make it is very very expensive
This is a great price indeed!

Oh btw, thanks all for the moral support!

Now, should I order 1 or 2? One to display, one to keep?

Grail?

Back