MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the Hammer Drones would be cool to see made, but I'm not sure if sales demand would support it. I'm thinking $200+ ea for 'bots whose main filmed accomplishment was to be rapidly converted to scrap by Iron Man and War Machine might be too much for all but the most hardcore IM fans.

That's right Drones, not Clones :slap but yeah I totally agree, these would be for the Hardcore collectors. I know I wouldn't buy them, not for the price they would cost anyway.

Back to Iron Monger. I'm so excited about getting this, could be my most anticipated figure & that's saying sometimg with all the cool stuff coming out but for sheer scale & uniquness this has to be it.

I agree, the Hammer Drones would be cool to see made, but I'm not sure if sales demand would support it. I'm thinking $200+ ea for 'bots whose main filmed accomplishment was to be rapidly converted to scrap by Iron Man and War Machine might be too much for all but the most hardcore IM fans.

Then explain the MK 2 AU, it had less screen time and is basically a remake to rake in cash, a hammer drone has more shelf value than that.

Back to Iron Monger. I'm so excited about getting this, could be my most anticipated figure & that's saying sometimg with all the cool stuff coming out but for sheer scale & uniquness this has to be it.

Agreed. I'd gladly sell 99% of my IM figs to get this Iron Monger, and I love my IM figs! :lol

Then explain the MK 2 AU, it had less screen time and is basically a remake to rake in cash, a hammer drone has more shelf value than that.

The MK 2 AU probably warrants a figure for the fight between Rhodey & Stark & more importantly because I want it :D

im drunk. and on the final page of the corner store comics ordering process...

this thing is 20 LBS shipped. insane... its 26.00 to ship to maine from CSC.... about to pull the trigger.

7 lbs is insane! cant wait...but why does that make the package from CSC 20 lbs? does that make sense?:thud:

That's because shippers (UPS, FedEx, USPS) all charge for "dimensional weight" meaning that the package size will factor in determining the cost of shipping.

If I shipped a large empty box of styrofoam peanuts in a box that is 24" x 24" x 24" and the total weight is 3lbs. including the box, it's going to cost a lot more than shipping say a small book weighing the same 3 lbs.

So the product/figure may weigh 7lbs. and say 8 or 9lbs. with all the packaging but the cost to ship it due to the dimensional weight will be like shipping a smaller 20lbs. package.

Easy:

Not everyone got the original Mk II at issue price, so there's a market for those wanting a Mk II at retail, not collector inflated prices.

There's a value add with the massive detail upgrade, and it's had screen time (with some detail variances) in both films.

The fight between Tony and Rhodes was also a pivotal plot point, and showed the Mk II to good effect in an extended, well lit fight (as opposed to the Whiplash II's dark and smoky battle scene which amounted to "Here I am...whoops I'm dead, take care of my burd..")

Easy:

Not everyone got the original Mk II at issue price, so there's a market for those wanting a Mk II at retail, not collector inflated prices.

There's a value add with the massive detail upgrade, and it's had screen time (with some detail variances) in both films.

The fight between Tony and Rhodes was also a pivotal plot point, and showed the Mk II to good effect in an extended, well lit fight (as opposed to the Whiplash II's dark and smoky battle scene which amounted to "Here I am...whoops I'm dead, take care of my burd..")

Agreed.

I can already tell you Nova's next reply: The Hammer Drone final fight scene took more screen time, thus the Hammer Drone is more important and HT stinks for screwing the fans out of what they "truly want" :lol

Agreed.

I can already tell you Nova's next reply: The Hammer Drone final fight scene took more screen time, thus the Hammer Drone is more important and HT stinks for screwing the fans out of what they "truly want" :lol

Probably so, I'd take a Hammer Drone or two myself, *IF* they could be produced around the $150 mark, but with the size, and likely limited appeal, I don't see that happening in this universe.

Easy:

I concede to this, i forgot about that scene, as for the those who missed out, its a tough break to be sure, but should HT remake every figure for those who missed out?

Agreed.

tumblr_lgpzxfP7hb1qep2q4o1_500.jpg

Back