MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How sought after is the Iron Monger fig now. Do you have to pay big bucks on the after market to get hold of one of these? Seems a fairly rare fig.

A quick ebay search shows a few of them ranging around $750-900. Though I haven't seen anyone post one for sale on messages boards in a long while.

It's one of a few figures that I regret not picking up. I have the diecast MkIII and would have loved to display it next to the IM...

Yeah I doubt HT would ever re-release the Iron Monger fig. Cant see how they could improve on the original. I cant imagine the Monger in Diecast it would weigh a ton.

Yeah I doubt HT would ever re-release the Iron Monger fig. Cant see how they could improve on the original. I cant imagine the Monger in Diecast it would weigh a ton.

They could certainly fix the hip joint cracking issue that I think almost every one of these has by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could certainly fix the hip joint cracking issue that I think almost every one of these has by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except mine, apparently. But I guess leaving it in the same pose for over 5 years wouldn't exactly put stress on it.

I got mine a couple of years ago on eBay. I think I paid about $600 new. It was a grail piece for me. It has the famous cracks but i love this figure!

5c5dda910a701cc0c076a226c2699591.plist
75a15233c985360ae0f6a28281ea7d05.plist
c888bea013851674cb7ec8f2d0bb5de5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got mine a couple of years ago on eBay. I think I paid about $600 new. It was a grail piece for me. It has the famous cracks but i love this figure!

Yeah the fig looks great from every angle, one of HT's best. Also Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger is a great character in IM1. Does the light up features still work on yours? I hear its best to remove the batteries, so they dont leak.

Yeah lights work great. They?re not the brightest but they work.

It would be so nice if someone would 3D print and mold a replacement hip joint for this guy. that would be great.

In my opinion, I don?t think its necessary. The hip/joint crack is barely noticeable.

Which cracks are you referring to?

The famous hip/ leg joint hairline cracks that came with almost all of the Iron Mongers.

This figure seems to have come down in price on eBay. Are we expecting a rerelease now that Mk 1 and Mk3 have been redone?
I would also love an answer to this question. It would be such an easy release since they already have the molds and could fix the hip issue. Plus, he's a very popular character for HK collectors since he's an Ironman characters.

Does anyone on here have any info or rumors?

I wonder how difficult it is to pull the legs off and repair them.

Maybe since they have done a 2.0 of Iron Man’s original suit, it would be awesome if Hot Toys did a 2.0 of Iron Monger, I know I would be all in!!!

Question for anyone that has the Iron Monger. Do the cracks get worse over time? Most people list it as "doesn't affect anything". I wonder if it could eventually affect it if the cracks got worse.

I've heard these were cracked from the factory, and wasn't due to the weight. Any help would be appreciated.

Question for anyone that has the Iron Monger. Do the cracks get worse over time? Most people list it as "doesn't affect anything". I wonder if it could eventually affect it if the cracks got worse.

I've heard these were cracked from the factory, and wasn't due to the weight. Any help would be appreciated.
hi, on mine they did so i made a stand for it to be in a flying pose which with it suported under the crutch meant no weight on the legs

Back