MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish it was as simple as that. If you can show me the directions to another company making 1/6 scale IM figures such as these I will gladly buy them instead. That's the problem. HT is basically sitting on the throne above over figure companies simply because they shell out figures other companies do not supply.

I honestly see SSC backing HT till the day HT goes out of business. I don't see them dropping HT anytime soon. It makes them a lot of money.

Sam ole apologetic attitude i hate from HT collectors. Ive NEVER seen so many collectors willing to "drop the soap" ! incredible!

Never seen any cracking on mine and I moved & posed the legs quite a bit. Will probably take another look when I get home from work though. Even if I did have that issue, then there is still nothing can be done anyway. It's way past the return time.

I have moved the legs on mine several times before and after I did my super glue fix, and there was no sign that the stress marks were getting worse. It really looks to me like something that happened when they were popping the legs to the hip ball joint.

I have reposed mine several times, with no issues. The glue fix was really just for asthetics and precautionary.

I have moved the legs on mine several times before and after I did my super glue fix, and there was no sign that the stress marks were getting worse. It really looks to me like something that happened when they were popping the legs to the hip ball joint.

I have reposed mine several times, with no issues. The glue fix was really just for asthetics and precautionary.
Hmm, you know, this does make a lot of sense. So it's possible then if you don't have this issue out of the box that it shouldn't develop on its own. Will take a look later today and see how my Monger fared.

I noticed these same stress cracks when I 1st got mine, but mine were a bit less noticable.

I didnt realize it was this prevelant.

Judas farking priest. :slap

Out of the box?? :gah:

That's farking pathetic.
HT had five years to develop this piece.
And charges near five bills for it! :slap

This is bad news about the stress cracks... especially being so widespread. Reminds me of the Aliens feet that broke off with minimal use. They use crap plastic.

That said, I look forward to finally owning this piece with non-working lights and crack lines for $240 shipped! :yess:

This is bad news about the stress cracks... especially being so widespread. Reminds me of the Aliens feet that broke off with minimal use. They use crap plastic.

That said, I look forward to finally owning this piece with non-working lights and crack lines for $240 shipped! :yess:

Where did you get it for so shipped? Nice score

BBTS is offering to exchange or refund. OR keep it and take a $20 credit. I'm returning for an exchange of course

I too, would take the exchange. But how well are they going to check it over?! Will they check the LEDs too? I'm almost rather buy one that has been opened and fully inspected. Didn't it have issues of cracked chest armor too? I believe I read that somewhere also. :dunno

Darn. I really wanted this figure. But learning this is really deterring me. :monkey2

Thing is, this seems to be a out of the box issue. So say you send yours in for replacement and get a new one, that one will probably have it too and you can send it back and forth 10 times and they might all have it. It's really up to you if you want to keep trying until you get one without it but it seems all of them have it in one way or another straight out of the box.

Thing is, this seems to be a out of the box issue. So say you send yours in for replacement and get a new one, that one will probably have it too and you can send it back and forth 10 times and they might all have it. It's really up to you if you want to keep trying until you get one without it but it seems all of them have it in one way or another straight out of the box.

This that is true, will this toy stand the test of time? That's a lot of money to spend for something flawed. I'm saddened. :(

I will be sending it back every time till I get a good one. My friend sent his back and he got a clean one. So they do exist. Or until BBTS just says forget it. ha ha

This that is true, will this toy stand the test of time? That's a lot of money to spend for something flawed. I'm saddened. :(
As disheartening as it is, you should keep in mind that this issue went unnoticed for over a year now.

Everyone sees it now only because it's been presented to us. Doesn't seem to be an issue that will cause any major damage as time flies by. Been over a year with no problems about this figure besides this one popping up yesterday. If you really want this figure, you should get it. There isn't a figure around that can really replace this one.

Alright, so pulled it out of storage and initially thought I was good, but checked again under a bright light and indeed they are there in the same area. Have to say, though, that they are so minute that I likely never would've noticed if I hadn't read this thread. I'll contact BBTS maybe about getting that credit, not sure I want to bother going through the hassle of a return. Given how widespread this appears to be, I could see going through the process multiple times.

Alright, so pulled it out of storage and initially thought I was good, but checked again under a bright light and indeed they are there in the same area. Have to say, though, that they are so minute that I likely never would've noticed if I hadn't read this thread. I'll contact BBTS maybe about getting that credit, not sure I want to bother going through the hassle of a return. Given how widespread this appears to be, I could see going through the process multiple times.
Yup, that's why I said it's up to you if you want to go through the hassle of constantly sending it back and forth until you get a clean one.

This would have gone unnoticed if a member hasn't pointed it out. Sucks it's there in the first place but still surprising not ONE member noticed this over the past year that it has been out.

Look at the bright side......you can spend that money on THREE PPS figures!!! :hi5:

Also, maybe this means that BBTS should drop the price back down again. :lecture

Yeah me too, they are really tiny cracks on mine, as long as they dont get worse I can live with it.

Yup, that's why I said it's up to you if you want to go through the hassle of constantly sending it back and forth until you get a clean one.

This would have gone unnoticed if a member hasn't pointed it out. Sucks it's there in the first place but still surprising not ONE member noticed this over the past year that it has been out.

I have to be honest and say that this issue doesn't really bother me or take away from just how awesome this figure is. I really have had no worries that these cracks will get any worse, especially after I made my super glue and paint fix.
I noticed this on mine, but never posted it as I didn't think it was a big deal and I didn't realize it was so prevalent.

I am in no way saying that others should feel the way I do though.

Back