MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you did. Now I have reservations about this. QC issues are the reason why I don't go out of my way to buy the older IM stuff. Pink undies, remember? :(

Yes but they're fixable. You shouldn't let a minor mistake in a figure let you decide if you want to pick it up or not. If you want the figure, you should get it.

Every figure is bound to have a paint chip, eye is not centered, belt breaks, paint fade, etc etc

These are plastic figures. They're bound to have some sort of issue.

At least this isn't a major issue where it completely breaks the figure. This figure has been around for how long now and no one has noticed until today. :dunno

Glad you did. Now I have reservations about this. QC issues are the reason why I don't go out of my way to buy the older IM stuff. Pink undies, remember? :(

Pink Panties don't bother me at all. I have most of the Mark's and it just doesn't bother me for some reason. Maybe I like pink panties ;) LOL

Looking the pics of the cracks...looking at mine...damn, i got the same cracks on both legs, i didn't even pose this thing..just put him standing straight up on my shelf..oh well

Yeah man, mine came from straight of the box too, theres goes another fig in my collection that has qc issue list coming straight out of the box

I'm lovin' my pose right now so I didn't want to move his legs. I can't inspect too thoroughly but I see a small crack on the front of the right leg. It's so tint that even if it's on the other side I have no problem living with it. They're so small I probably never would have noticed. These things are never perfect anyway

True,but do u guys think over time the cracks will get worse. This thing cost $479. This shouldn't be happening.

I just received mine from BBTS and noticed these stress cracks on both legs (thigh) areas. I'm contacting BBTS now for a replacement. I asked my friend and he has the same problem with his. I wonder if this is a common problem? anyone else get these stress cracks in the same area?

80EBE809-9185-46B3-AB3A-9B89F5F90C46-150-00000003ADE4CE7A_zps01eb856e.jpg

I noticed these same stress cracks when I 1st got mine, but mine were a bit less noticable.

I figured they were so minor that I wasn't go to go through the whole exchange thing. I do a bit of customizing and so I just sealed the cracks with some fine super glue to prevent any further cracking, and then painted over the repair to blend it in.

I didnt realize it was this prevelant.

Fixed it for ya. :lecture

Price has nothing to do with what I meant via my post. I do understand that yes, when paying a lot, you have a high expectation but the sad truth is, this is nothing new.

HT isn't known for being perfect in making plastic toys. I mean they can't even fix the pink undies issue after 3 figures. :cuckoo: :monkey2

It's a shame that this issue is here but at least it's nothing major. It's slipped by everyone until today.:dunno

Guess I'm still a noob when it comes to Hot Toys QA but I wasn't expecting this kind of problem with a signature piece like Iron Monger (only own War Machine SV, Luke DX and Monger).

Will be checking mine out tomorrow but recall I gave the character a pretty good once over and didn't see any issues at that time. Looks like the kind of problem that if you don't have it out of the box, it is likely to reveal itself with time. Don't think I'll be trying for an exchange or refund. May have missed the boat on that, already, since I bought a couple of months ago. :monkey2

Gave mine a quick once over in those areas and don't see any cracking issues :yess:

Will give it a better look later and just have to be extra careful when posing, which I probably won't do very often.

Price has nothing to do with what I meant via my post. I do understand that yes, when paying a lot, you have a high expectation but the sad truth is, this is nothing new.

HT isn't known for being perfect in making plastic toys. I mean they can't even fix the pink undies issue after 3 figures. :cuckoo: :monkey2

It's a shame that this issue is here but at least it's nothing major. It's slipped by everyone until today.:dunno

High expectation??? How is paying $500 for an unbroken out of the box figure a "high expectation"?
How is this nothing major? I mean seriously its reasoning like this that make HT QC issues something they don't fix because some peeps will take issues like this and say theyre no big deal.
Hope this is random, id hate to see some of you get the HT SHANK again

High expectation??? How is paying $500 for an unbroken out of the box figure a "high expectation"?
How is this nothing major? I mean seriously its reasoning like this that make HT QC issues something they don't fix because some peeps will take issues like this and say theyre no big deal.

I didn't say this is nothing major, but what will come out of us whining about it? The issue is there and presented and now it's in our sights. Unfortunately, all we can do is deal with it. It's not like HT will send out a letter to our house saying they will send us a brand new one with the issue fixed.

Like I said before, by now I'm pretty sure every worker at HT knows about the pink undies issue yet they sit on their lazy *** and don't fix it. It's not a matter of them not knowing they have QC issue. They probably know about it more than we do.

I'm saying that it's a plastic toy, they don't make these figures with the intention of issues to pop up but when they do, what can we do but make the better of it?

I didn't say this is nothing major, but what will come out of us whining about it? The issue is there and presented and now it's in our sights. Unfortunately, all we can do is deal with it. It's not like HT will send out a letter to our house saying they will send us a brand new one with the issue fixed.

Like I said before, by now I'm pretty sure every worker at HT knows about the pink undies issue yet they sit on their lazy *** and don't fix it. It's not a matter of them not knowing they have QC issue. They probably know about it more than we do.

I'm saying that it's a plastic toy, they don't make these figures with the intention of issues to pop up but when they do, what can we do but make the better of it?

Stop buying their crappy products. I mean within the past month i have found out about the following issues: Captain America shields peeling, Godfather bodies that just fall apart, now this?? seriously??? These arent cheap collectibles, and i dont expect them to last for 75+ years, but come one! a shelf life of 1-3 years and theyre basically either broke out of the box or begin to deteriorate? Believe me, if HT doesnt begin improve their QC, do you think that Sideshow is going to take much more of this??

Stop buying their crappy products. I mean within the past month i have found out about the following issues: Captain America shields peeling, Godfather bodies that just fall apart, now this?? seriously??? These arent cheap collectibles, and i dont expect them to last for 75+ years, but come one! a shelf life of 1-3 years and theyre basically either broke out of the box or begin to deteriorate? Believe me, if HT doesnt begin improve their QC, do you think that Sideshow is going to take much more of this??
I wish it was as simple as that. If you can show me the directions to another company making 1/6 scale IM figures such as these I will gladly buy them instead. That's the problem. HT is basically sitting on the throne above over figure companies simply because they shell out figures other companies do not supply.

I honestly see SSC backing HT till the day HT goes out of business. I don't see them dropping HT anytime soon. It makes them a lot of money.

Never seen any cracking on mine and I moved & posed the legs quite a bit. Will probably take another look when I get home from work though. Even if I did have that issue, then there is still nothing can be done anyway. It's way past the return time.

I agree with siquisiri. This damn thing cost half grand to be like "w/e" about it. Whining will probably not help since figure is sold out at SSC. But if mine comes with those cracks from BBTS. You best believe I'm going to send it back till they give me one that isn't damaged. People complaining about RDJ hs from im3 got it changed a bit.

Back