1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will likely never happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing HT do another Routh Superman figure. The one they did is just awful compared to the quality they've been able to put out in the past few years.

I would welcome a Routh 2.0 figure, I'm one of the few that love Superman Returns

No worries my friend. Sorry about the delay. Work was mad busy. Spent the last hour changing tyres, lol.
Here is a comparison of the Supes figures i had handy. I only included the custom at the end because it's on a TTM20, as a size comparison.

DE86E8F0-6007-4AC7-ADDC-5700A5F80C51.jpg

92E07925-8895-4756-81ED-8FFEFBECCFFD.jpg

EBA4B322-BC26-439A-8B95-18FE15618531.jpg

5E99A237-A64E-41DB-B008-41B136684435.jpg

80CD7D45-F8AC-4D7A-A7E2-F50E5BC6D3F2.jpg

BEC625A7-38E4-4EDA-BF1F-7FC15D984061.jpg

7193043F-F87E-43D8-A8B1-C97E847E7A2E.jpg

CD414F2A-777C-4E73-A827-51FE3A6C1F00.jpg

74B4D53D-AFA3-4DD0-B88D-1842473CDF54.jpg

3775DC92-B9D0-47CC-A5F3-1A7A06A1BA4E.jpg

C3DB2C0E-135A-4320-82CD-A0165493B130.jpg

Awesome collection. :duff

Awesome collection. :duff

Thanks. I also have two other normal Reeve Superman figures, the Evil one, and several Clark Kent customs.

I would welcome a Routh 2.0 figure, I'm one of the few that love Superman Returns

We have talked about this before, but it's my favourite Superman movie. It's just unfortunate that not everyone sees the heart in it. And i do appreciate that there should be more action in a Superman movie.

It will likely never happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing HT do another Routh Superman figure. The one they did is just awful compared to the quality they've been able to put out in the past few years.

Yeah. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat too.

I think I'd actually forgotten that I used to own that Routh Superman figure. The 2-in-1 version and a separate Clark Kent figure.

Do you have it in storage? Or out on display?

Nice photos1 Love your background!

Thanks.
I had that made for an Avengers pic i took.

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

We have talked about this before, but it's my favourite Superman movie. It's just unfortunate that not everyone sees the heart in it. And i do appreciate that there should be more action in superman movie]

Yup, it's my favorite Superman movie as well, we're a rare breed.

Username, I sold it a few years ago.

As to Superman Returns, I think it's about on par with MOS, neither film blew me away unfortunately but at least Returns has the Williams theme and a tone that I think is more suited to Superman.

Username, I sold it a few years ago.

As to Superman Returns, I think it's about on par with MOS, neither film blew me away unfortunately but at least Returns has the Williams theme and a tone that I think is more suited to Superman.

It's a shame that the film didn't get more support.
In an ideal world, we'd have a blu-ray set of the three Routh Superman movies, sitting next to the season 1 to 10 box set of Firefly...

It was a bold move to make a Superman movie about how alone he feels. Bold, and balsy.

Exactly, making a movie where Superman would hurt internally since externally he's almost invincible was genius. I thought eventually people would warm up to it since Superman has now been rebooted and certain things wouldn't hinder its sequels like Superman having a son and stuff but I guess people need that action.

I few action scenes it did have I thought were some of the best in the genre, the plane scene, actually showing is he's faster than a speeding bullet, the shot of him holding the car recreating the cover of action comics #1. I think Singer would have made an incredible sequel too, it's a shame he didn't stay on.

I thought Returns was just uninteresting, and I didn't like a lot of things, like Superman having a son and the miscast actors. MoS was pretty ok to me for trying something new, which I respect. Had some bad moments too, and I don't like some casting choices at times (Henry Cavill was a fantastic pick though)

Exactly, making a movie where Superman would hurt internally since externally he's almost invincible was genius. I thought eventually people would warm up to it since Superman has now been rebooted and certain things wouldn't hinder its sequels like Superman having a son and stuff but I guess people need that action.

I few action scenes it did have I thought were some of the best in the genre, the plane scene, actually showing is he's faster than a speeding bullet, the shot of him holding the car recreating the cover of action comics #1. I think Singer would have made an incredible sequel too, it's a shame he didn't stay on.

We can always say we got to see the thinking man's Superman.
I can watch that movie on repeat(I have it on my iPad and phone too, just in case), but it's all about the bigger picture, like Lex says. Sure, people want endless spectacle. But it takes a special movie to show where Superman is vulnerable(And not just to radioactive rocks).

Both MOS and SR have their share of issues and are far from being perfect Superman movies, but there's enough in both that I can enjoy and appreciate. SR was a huge deal to me when it came out. After following all the failed attempts from the 90's and early 2000's to get a Superman movie made my excitement for SR was through the roof when it was announced and during filming. It may not have met my expectations, but I think it's a good enough film in it's own right and I'll always have great memories of the build-up towards it and the fact it was my first Superman film I saw in theaters. It would definitely be nice to see Routh get a definitive figure based on his appearance in SR.

Both MOS and SR have their share of issues and are far from being perfect Superman movies, but there's enough in both that I can enjoy and appreciate. SR was a huge deal to me when it came out. After following all the failed attempts from the 90's and early 2000's to get a Superman movie made my excitement for SR was through the roof when it was announced and during filming. It may not have met my expectations, but I think it's a good enough film in it's own right and I'll always have great memories of the build-up towards it and the fact it was my first Superman film I saw in theaters. It would definitely be nice to see Routh get a definitive figure based on his appearance in SR.

Yeah. That would be great. To see Hot Toys tackle the Routh Superman and get it as spot on as they did with Reeve and Cavill.
Another reason SR was seen to be less of a success($391 million made against a $260 million budget), was that included in it's costs were $40 million of costs for ten years of non-starts for Superman. All those flights for kevin smith and scripts with Superman rastlin' a polar bear had to be covered...
If that $40 million cost didn't exist, SR would have been deemed as more of a success and we would have seen the Brainiac sequel that was floated around.
It's a shame.

HI all. I am a new collector and got my Superman from ebay today.
Have to share this quick pic from my phone, the figure turned out just... So lifelike.
Real glad I got it :)
IMAG0131.jpg

Back