1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warm up the base a little with a hair dryer. Five minutes of warming should have the whole thing nice and rubbery. Then you put in the crystal shards and when it cools, they will be in there tight.

Excellent, thank you very much!

Excellent, thank you very much!

No worries. Once they're in and it cools, they will be in tight.

photo1-7_zpsfbe3bce4.jpg

Awesome light modification for the base, Username! I've been wanting to do that since I got my Reeve figure, but I'm unsure of the best type of lights/LEDS to use and also, how to power the lights. I don't see any obvious wires in your setup. Did you use batteries to power yours? Could you show us how you did the mod?? Thanks man!

Hehe. I had a spare Alice stand at the time, but not a Superman one. I remedied that eventually.
Good catch. It took me a minute to find what you were talking about.

I thought the name was a little short then I read it and it was "Oh ok, spare Res Evil stand eh?" :lol

Poor Brandon, always getting the short straw. Have you seen what they have him wearing in Arrow now?

Awesome light modification for the base, Username! I've been wanting to do that since I got my Reeve figure, but I'm unsure of the best type of lights/LEDS to use and also, how to power the lights. I don't see any obvious wires in your setup. Did you use batteries to power yours? Could you show us how you did the mod?? Thanks man!

I don't have pics of it during the build. The "recipe" is this:
Put the base(Minus the crystals) in a sink of really hot water. Not boiling, just really hot. Give it maybe three minutes to soften the top part fully. Then peel the top part from the plastic base. It doesn't matter if the top part slightly deforms during the process. Just put it back in the warm water and it will regain it's old shape.
Once it's off, you see there are plastic supports on the bottom plastic piece. And plugs that cover the ends of where the crystals go. What i did was warm up the base again and insert all the crystals, then drilled two pilot holes into each one from below.
I got a pre made LED wiring harness from Ebay similar(But not quite the same as), this: RC Lights Custom Set of 15 LED's with Plugs Bright | eBay
I used a ten-LED set of superbright white LEDs. The seller in the link above can likely make up the same tye os system, fully resistored and using a 9V battery.
I put two LEDs into each crystal and hot glued them into place. I also had to remove some of the plastic supports from the plastic base because with all the wiring in there, they weren't needed. I left room for the 9V battery inside the bottom and chopped a hole that is merely covered with black electricians tape when i need to change it out. And i added a switch on the side of the base so i don't need to turn it upside down to turn it on and off. Pics below.

I thought the name was a little short then I read it and it was "Oh ok, spare Res Evil stand eh?" :lol

Yeah. Of the many pics i have of that setup, i now regret not checking it for that stand, lol.

Poor Brandon, always getting the short straw. Have you seen what they have him wearing in Arrow now?

I didn't think that suit reveal was that bad.
I haven't watched Arrow(I keep meaning to, but haven't found the time to get it all downloaded), so i haven't seen the suit in action.

IMG_2745_zps4fd1daac.jpg

IMG_2746_zpsf6dca73b.jpg

IMG_2747_zpsb2729c34.jpg

IMG_2749_zpsad5718bc.jpg

IMG_2750_zps07c26159.jpg

IMG_2752_zps769c8ff7.jpg

Love that base with the lights! Maybe some day I'll give it a shot--though I have zero experience doing such an involved mid. I wish they HT would have just included the lights in the first place.

Love that base with the lights! Maybe some day I'll give it a shot--though I have zero experience doing such an involved mid. I wish they HT would have just included the lights in the first place.

Pretty much the hardest part is buying the lights, lol.
Although it takes a couple of hours to do all the rest of the work.

Thanks a lot for that tutorial, Username :) Doesn't sound that bad now that you've broken it down for us! I've got an extra base that I will try this on. Appreciate your help, my friend!!

I don't have pics of it during the build. The "recipe" is this:
Put the base(Minus the crystals) in a sink of really hot water. Not boiling, just really hot. Give it maybe three minutes to soften the top part fully. Then peel the top part from the plastic base. It doesn't matter if the top part slightly deforms during the process. Just put it back in the warm water and it will regain it's old shape.
Once it's off, you see there are plastic supports on the bottom plastic piece. And plugs that cover the ends of where the crystals go. What i did was warm up the base again and insert all the crystals, then drilled two pilot holes into each one from below.
I got a pre made LED wiring harness from Ebay similar(But not quite the same as), this: RC Lights Custom Set of 15 LED's with Plugs Bright | eBay
I used a ten-LED set of superbright white LEDs. The seller in the link above can likely make up the same tye os system, fully resistored and using a 9V battery.
I put two LEDs into each crystal and hot glued them into place. I also had to remove some of the plastic supports from the plastic base because with all the wiring in there, they weren't needed. I left room for the 9V battery inside the bottom and chopped a hole that is merely covered with black electricians tape when i need to change it out. And i added a switch on the side of the base so i don't need to turn it upside down to turn it on and off. Pics below.

Yeah. Of the many pics i have of that setup, i now regret not checking it for that stand, lol.

I didn't think that suit reveal was that bad.
I haven't watched Arrow(I keep meaning to, but haven't found the time to get it all downloaded), so i haven't seen the suit in action.

I love that mod, it looks so much better with the lights.

You should really find time for Arrow (and The Flash) it's a great show.

The A.T.O.M. suit is not bad, it's pretty good on a TV budget but that helmet kills it for me.

The suit was shown for the first time on screen at the end of last weeks episode. The scene was very obviously riffing off of a certain armoured Marvel character. :lol

This figure was my first a couple of months ago, really is a fantastic figure indeed. Think I might have a go at a light up base after seeing the one posted above. Here's mine at home in the Detolf

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425329273.605034.jpg

Back