1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I have a spare superman suit i bought from a member here for $60. There is the tiniest run showing on the right leg which you only see when the suit is off a figure, and a small stain just above the waist that once again only seems visible when the suit is contracted off a body.
I used to have it on a TTM19 with a Routh head:

Mine has a run on the leg like that, It's on the upper right thigh. I think it's from the black stand that comes with him. I'd use the Krypton stand but the display case I have him in isn't big enough for that stand so I have to use the black one. :(

I have to say that almost a year after getting this figure I still love just looking at him. All my life I wanted a figure like this and now that I've got him I couldn't be happier with it. It and the HT 89 Batman are the best things I've ever spent money on.... EVER.

batsups7.jpg

I have to say that almost a year after getting this figure I still love just looking at him. All my life I wanted a figure like this and now that I've got him I couldn't be happier with it. It and the HT 89 Batman are the best things I've ever spent money on.... EVER.

batsups7.jpg

Agreed!!! Me too! Total works of art. My TV viewing has gone right down as I just can't stop looking at my figures! Lol

It's a great set, for sure. Let us know your thoughts when you've watched them.

I've just finished watching Superman III just minutes ago- it's not as bad as I imagined. For all the camp and nonsense, Christopher Reeve carried that movie like a champ. Lana was great too and Richard Pryor was not as annoying as I expected him to be. While it may be a pointless entry to the Superman movies, it's still a decent film and we get Reeve vs Reeve and some light romance with Lana, in which all are welcomed.

Maybe tomorrow I'll watch IV followed by Returns. Like Superman III, it's been decades since I've watch it so I barely remember anything.

batsups7.jpg

:exactly::goodpost: You're right. Both of these got me into Hot Toys actually. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan and I tend to collect just that but these were the only two figures that made me have to won Hot Toys. Because of that I bought more HT figures and aiming for more.

I've just finished watching Superman III just minutes ago- it's not as bad as I imagined. For all the camp and nonsense, Christopher Reeve carried that movie like a champ. Lana was great too and Richard Pryor was not as annoying as I expected him to be. While it may be a pointless entry to the Superman movies, it's still a decent film and we get Reeve vs Reeve and some light romance with Lana, in which all are welcomed.

Maybe tomorrow I'll watch IV followed by Returns. Like Superman III, it's been decades since I've watch it so I barely remember anything.

Don't watch IV!!!!
Burn the disc! Stamp on the remains and then fire the remains into the sun!

Don't watch IV!!!!
Burn the disc! Stamp on the remains and then fire the remains into the sun!

That's some passionate hate! :lol What's so bad about it? I even avoided Nostalgia Critic's review because I always planned to rewatch it one day.

Urghh, I'm so tempted to watch the Critic review, but I don't want spoilers.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL8puyh_Bbo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL8puyh_Bbo[/ame]

I'd say you watch it and make your own opinion!

Yeah. I have to admit i am slightly interested to hear his views.
Don't come crawling to us when your large intestines crawl up your throat and choke you to death so *they* can be spared the agony of Superman IV The Quest For Peace.

All I will say is, how Jon Cryer (AKA Alan Harper from 2 and half men) ever got another acting job after this, I will never know!!

Good job he redeems himself in Hot Shots!

All I will say is, how Jon Cryer (AKA Alan Harper from 2 and half men) ever got another acting job after this, I will never know!!

Good job he redeems himself in Hot Shots!

I've seen a couple of episodes of 2 and 1/2 men.
I have no idea how he's working now.

As rickrooster knows, with the exception of Nuclear Man I enjoyed IV, probably more than III. Returns is brilliant as you see a vulnerable, beaten Superman, I thought Routh did a great job!

Challenge excepted. Popping in the blu ray now. See you guys soon! :wave

I liked the spots where superman was falling and when he got stabbed with the kryptonite. I thought Lex was great. People moan about the real estate plan but it honestly sounds like the kind of crime a white collar super-criminal would commit so i'll let it go. The plane scene was cool, it needed one more big huge action scene though

More surprising is that 2 1/2 Men has always been, and continues to be just as bad, yet it's still on the air. Obviously there's a market for schlock, and I'm sure the producers of Superman IV represented a pretty big slice of the US public's interests very well. Yes, it's very sad.

As rickrooster knows, with the exception of Nuclear Man I enjoyed IV, probably more than III. Returns is brilliant as you see a vulnerable, beaten Superman, I thought Routh did a great job!

I love Returns too. I know that's not the common view of this film but I don't care. I think Routh did an awesome job. Imagine the pressure he must have felt stepping into those boots.

Still not a fan of IV, but its watchable.

You can print money, manufacture diamonds and people are a dime a dozen, but they'll always need land. It's the one thing they're not making any more of...

You can print money, manufacture diamonds and people are a dime a dozen, but they'll always need land. It's the one thing they're not making any more of...

Hell, at least I understood what he was trying to do. Looking at you Bane

Back