1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

WELL FINALY did something SUPER and ordered this BAD ASS ...Anybody know release date on him ?THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF awesome hot toys is gonna ROCK !!!!:rock:rock:rock

Mine should be flying by tomorrow! Tuesday at the latest :hi5: Can't wait!

so he's released already thought not til december ?

Does anyone know if and when One Sixth Bruce will be getting these in for UK customers that have pre-ordered?

supermancinemaquette.jpg

Yikes. :monkey1

For sure. This was the bang, but Keaton Batman was the swan song that finished my detolf of epic figures.

Getting out of high-end collecting all together or just HT?

I'll be using these:

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIEA-27N

Don't let the bad pic fool you. They're actually perfect for this, very close to what Reeve was wearing in the movie and well scaled. However, they need customizing for the glass part.

It's by the way, those used by Les Walker on his CK...

Which glasses did you get and where? I've been looking for that type for a while.

Thanks, for the info. Good price, will order it.

It looks like a malnourished Reeve
supermancinemaquette.jpg

Yeah, that looks almost nothing like Reeve, yet sells for over $1800 if I'm not mistaking. It's an awesome piece but the face sculpt absolutely sucks. Reminds me of another similar situation with a movie icon figure.

Anyone know when the exclusive sold out? I just put myself on the waitlist, not going to hold my breath though.

Anyone know when the exclusive sold out? I just put myself on the waitlist, not going to hold my breath though.

I had myself on the exclusive waitlist a couple days after it sold out, and it converted a couple months later. I would imagine that your will not convert if you put yourself on the list today. The only difference is the too long kryptonite chain and that is being sold on ebay for $100 now. I think I will put my chain up for sale too..lol..

So I was under the influence of various substances the other night and ordered this. I have seen the movie but when i was a little baby. I'm Not a huge Superman fan but these pics of him just blew me out of the water when i was impaired last night lol. They still amaze me. I am gunna keep the order even tho it was made in such an impulse.

You Guys think I'll fall in love with this figure regardless of not remember the movie? (I'm gunna watch it before he comes)

And if his wow factor isn't enough to over come my indifference to Superman (i like him just never have been huge fan) do you think his resale value will be high in a few months/years?

I'm a big Indiana Jones fan but the price of him is keeping me on the Fence, Think i should of gone with that since I'm a fan of him more son than Superman? Or Think i would've been disappointed to get him not being 100% likeness accurate?

I can still cancel my order, i presume. Give me some advice fellow freaks?

HHH

So I was under the influence of various substances the other night and ordered this. I have seen the movie but when i was a little baby. I'm Not a huge Superman fan but these pics of him just blew me out of the water when i was impaired last night lol. They still amaze me. I am gunna keep the order even tho it was made in such an impulse.

You Guys think I'll fall in love with this figure regardless of not remember the movie? (I'm gunna watch it before he comes)

And if his wow factor isn't enough to over come my indifference to Superman (i like him just never have been huge fan) do you think his resale value will be high in a few months/years?

I'm a big Indiana Jones fan but the price of him is keeping me on the Fence, Think i should of gone with that since I'm a fan of him more son than Superman? Or Think i would've been disappointed to get him not being 100% likeness accurate?

I can still cancel my order, i presume. Give me some advice fellow freaks?

HHH

In my humble opinion, this Reeve likeness is 98% accurate in the sculpt for a young Chris Reeve from early on in the filming of the first Superman before he started weightlifting. I give the Indy sculpt a 75% likeness in the sculpt. This link below explains what in my opinion should have been done to the prototype to make it look in the 90% percent likeness range. I PERS which is the acronym for the mechanical eyes makes Indy look like he's wearing eyeliner under certain lighting conditions.

Personally I would wait until the price of the Indy figure drops down to $175 or even $150 which I think it will since it is overpriced and the likeness is clearly off.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3888917&postcount=177

31345010150329648874671.jpg

173700e5cyrqjq99405faz.jpg

You can see for yourself that this Reeve's is a superior looking sculpt in every way.
loisclark.jpg

Last edited:
Back