1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

So I was under the influence of various substances the other night and ordered this. I have seen the movie but when i was a little baby. I'm Not a huge Superman fan but these pics of him just blew me out of the water when i was impaired last night lol. They still amaze me. I am gunna keep the order even tho it was made in such an impulse.

You Guys think I'll fall in love with this figure regardless of not remember the movie? (I'm gunna watch it before he comes)

And if his wow factor isn't enough to over come my indifference to Superman (i like him just never have been huge fan) do you think his resale value will be high in a few months/years?

I'm a big Indiana Jones fan but the price of him is keeping me on the Fence, Think i should of gone with that since I'm a fan of him more son than Superman? Or Think i would've been disappointed to get him not being 100% likeness accurate?

I can still cancel my order, i presume. Give me some advice fellow freaks?

HHH

Check out the Indy HT thread, that figure is :thud::thud::thud:

Then watch Superman the movie in BLU RAY, HD is the way to go to get you excited, If you can get your hands on the blu ray anthology you can see the great job they did with the reeves film run. Let's just say, The HT's figure, it's not 100% perfect, but it pays a great tribute to the man and who defined the idea " That a man can truly fly" :clap:clap:hi5:

Last edited:

So I was under the influence of various substances the other night and ordered this. I have seen the movie but when i was a little baby. I'm Not a huge Superman fan but these pics of him just blew me out of the water when i was impaired last night lol. They still amaze me. I am gunna keep the order even tho it was made in such an impulse.

You Guys think I'll fall in love with this figure regardless of not remember the movie? (I'm gunna watch it before he comes)

And if his wow factor isn't enough to over come my indifference to Superman (i like him just never have been huge fan) do you think his resale value will be high in a few months/years?

I'm a big Indiana Jones fan but the price of him is keeping me on the Fence, Think i should of gone with that since I'm a fan of him more son than Superman? Or Think i would've been disappointed to get him not being 100% likeness accurate?

I can still cancel my order, i presume. Give me some advice fellow freaks?

HHH

Keeping the Reeve Superman is a no brainer. Get it you, will not be sorry. As for the Indy, now that I've seen some other pictures I can't decide personally. I want it, but the face is off.

I bet they will either re-release the figure later with more accessories and a correct sculpt or they will make a "Temple of Doom" version with a better likeness.

Reminds of the movie " somewhere in time" he was in with Jane Seymour, especially towards the end, when is character died staring out the window due to a broken heart and starvation. anybody remember the scene or the movie, it was one of my favorites he had done. :clap

I love that movie. It has a beautiful score to it as well.

Keeping the Reeve Superman is a no brainer. Get it you, will not be sorry. As for the Indy, now that I've seen some other pictures I can't decide personally. I want it, but the face is off.

I bet they will either re-release the figure later with more accessories and a correct sculpt or they will make a "Temple of Doom" version with a better likeness.

My bet is they will move on to the Temple of Doom figure which I hope they pay more attention to the sculpt than this time. And no PERS please. I want natural looking eyes.

I don't get the kryptonite necklace, personally he should have come with the green crystal(the one that built the fortress) plus a few other crystals.

I don't get the kryptonite necklace, personally he should have come with the green crystal(the one that built the fortress) plus a few other crystals.

The Kryptonite necklace is a nice addition.
original-4c478d37bfd67-Superman+%281978%29.jpeg

I'm thinking about getting this for my wife. lol
tumblr_lqe00mWToL1qhl6qvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lqbr5gusTX1qhl6qvo1_1280.jpg

jewelry_kryptonite3.jpg

parcel force uk delivered mine bright and early today ,well it was still dark 7.15 am :lol,just waiting to get some time to unbox him ,the box is a lot bigger than i expected and seems to have made it through un scathed :hi5:

In one of the earlier posts, someone said OSB expected their Superman and Indy in the next 3 to 6 weeks...

thats sounds about right i spoke to my guy in HK and he said second wave of these will be in about 4-5 weeks

parcel force uk delivered mine bright and early today ,well it was still dark 7.15 am :lol,just waiting to get some time to unbox him ,the box is a lot bigger than i expected and seems to have made it through un scathed :hi5:

Who did you order from and when, if you don't mind my asking?

Mine's here!
:yess::yess::yess:

Going to unbox later. Looks like it made it through in one piece!
Got the Superman bag and kryptonite as well!

:gah: come on Breaker pull your finger out :mad:

:lol

Where do you live that you already got it?

I'm in Ireland at the moment.
I have to say guys, this is a beautiful set inhand. If you are already excited, get more excited, it's beautiful. Now, I must work!
Don't worry I will post pics as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks Snake!

:) but :( (cause I can't play with the damn thing)

Back