1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

For sure gonna need to grab some specs and maybe a suit for this guy. (sculpt is that good)

303283_2535677151731_1247667476_3097111_1689198471_n.jpg

i'll steal your kick ass idea for my second supes :hi5:

superman_forever_alex_ross.jpg

Don't recall if in the movie, the kryptonite necklace was long enough to hit Sups in the nuts like a wrecking ball. But I'm guessing, being that it is kryptonite, that could be quite painful for the man of steel. If nothing else, him and Lois may not be having any superbabies anytime soon, given the close proximity of the only element in the universe capable of rendering him helpless, to the Kal'el family jewels.

Does anyone know if the final HS was all Arnie Kims work or was someone else involved? (Kojun or Yulli)

Just seems like a huge gap between the quality of Reeve and Indy.

Any chance somebody with this Bad-Boy in hand already could simulate a pic of the famous flag photo?

Does anyone know if the final HS was all Arnie Kims work or was someone else involved? (Kojun or Yulli)

Just seems like a huge gap between the quality of Reeve and Indy.

Good question, I always assumed it was all Arnie but others have stated it might be someone else. I know he posted in his facebook blog a message to everyone that it was being worked on. Arnie also mentioned "not to worry"about both Indy and Supes. However he didn't mention if it was he or someone else that was doing the re-sculpt officially. If it was another artist, they should get some credit here for the improvement. I'm all for giving credit where credit is due.

Just saw on EBAY somebody selling the Reeve Cinemaquette with a starting price of $99. It looks horrible by comparison to the HT figure and to think it's retail was $2000+.

Anyone complaining about the price should have a look at THAT!

Just saw on EBAY somebody selling the Reeve Cinemaquette with a starting price of $99. It looks horrible by comparison to the HT figure and to think it's retail was $2000+.

Anyone complaining about the price should have a look at THAT!

It looks like a malnourished Reeve
supermancinemaquette.jpg

It looks like a malnourished Reeve
[IMG]https://www.telenergyglobal.com/foto2/supermancinemaquette.jpg[/IMG]

Reminds of the movie " somewhere in time" he was in with Jane Seymour, especially towards the end, when is character died staring out the window due to a broken heart and starvation. anybody remember the scene or the movie, it was one of my favorites he had done. :clap

reeve-234x300.jpg

christopher-reeve.jpg

Hot Toys sculpt looks the same to me as the way Supes looked a year or so prior to the first film, which is when these shots were taken. The weight of the face or chunkiness is spot on. Obviously Reeve weight-lifted and his face changed slightly throughout filming of the first two movies making a sculpt to choose to do hard. However I'm glad we got a young Reeve likeness.
DSCF4498.jpg

Simply an excellent likeness.
christopher-reeve-20060726-147697.jpg

Last edited:

Superman lives!

Due to their price increases, this will probably be the last Hot Toys figure I buy, but man, talk about going out with a bang!

Last edited:

My Main priority in this hobby is Childhood memories,and this one is right up there of figures i will never,ever sell.

I just hope they will squeeze in a little time for Clark Kent in their busy 2012 schedule milking the hell out of the TDKR and Avengers licenses.IMO this should have been a 2 in 1,Clark Kent is just as important as Superman,which is on my Top 5 of most wanted figures right now.

Has or could anyone post a picture of Superman with one of the HT Batmen?

Don't recall if in the movie, the kryptonite necklace was long enough to hit Sups in the nuts like a wrecking ball. But I'm guessing, being that it is kryptonite, that could be quite painful for the man of steel. If nothing else, him and Lois may not be having any superbabies anytime soon, given the close proximity of the only element in the universe capable of rendering him helpless, to the Kal'el family jewels.

He seems to be slouching quite a bit in that pic, and if I recall, wasn't the chain wrapped around his neck?

Superman lives!

Due to their price increases, this will probably be the last Hot Toys figure I buy, but man, talk about going out with a bang!

For sure. This was the bang, but Keaton Batman was the swan song that finished my detolf of epic figures.

And that's why I have a spare head coming! :D

I already got the 1:6 glasses Friday, then I'll shave thet hair and resculpt it with sculpey, put that on a Saturday Toys Men in suit, and there you go CK! :D

Which glasses did you get and where? I've been looking for that type for a while.

Back