1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I think I could even tolerate PERS if that is what they opted for in the new sculpt. It looks that good (although, I will be much happier if what we're seeing are eyes that have simply been given the attention sufficient to look that realistic). I'm less enthused about the resemblence than I am about the expression on his face. This has much more of a warrior's semblence than the prototype face.

I doubt they added PERS, maybe just adjusted the angle of the eyes to give that bad ass look he's giving.

Even better. It makes sense that it isn't, but it seems like the only figures that have that quality about their eyes are DX with PERS. At one point, I thought for sure that Alice had it too.

Even better. It makes sense that it isn't, but it seems like the only figures that have that quality about their eyes are DX with PERS. At one point, I thought for sure that Alice had it too.

Personally I could do without PERS, I mean it's cool and adds disposing options, but since I had to replace my DX01 Joker HS cause it broke and the new one seems a bit cross eyed it doesn't appeal to me greatly.

I don't care what the S on his Chest looks like as long as it's S shaped. I just want some invisible string and Feet.

Am I the only one on this board that actually liked the figure even before the head sculpt tweaks?

I've been on many forums and I have to say you guys really are the best at bickering over tiny details! Even the MOTUC guys aren't this bad! ;)

Am I the only one on this board that actually liked the figure even before the head sculpt tweaks?

I've been on many forums and I have to say you guys really are the best at bickering over tiny details! Even the MOTUC guys aren't this bad! ;)

You're not alone on this point.

This thing is perfection. Still, it makes you wonder how AWESOME the DX version of this Superman if ever HT releases one.

I can imagine horrible visable stitching and wonky ones as well.

In this scale, I think fine stitching something like that might look bad. I think I'd prefer the decal to an S that looks like it came off a quilt.

Agreed. I think a decal is the way to go.

Quit with the lame OCD trolling and your complaint might register in your readers with a modicum of respectful consideration.

The difference is negligible and the logo on the figure looks better. The movie logo looks like it was hand-drawn by someone who failed calligraphy class. But the bottom line is that you're acting like you're entitled to a flawless figure and in reality, you're entitled to the choice of buying the figure, or not. Ranting incessantly and insulting those who don't care is only going to bore and annoy the living ____ out of most people. You are of course free to be so obnoxious if you're inclined, but don't cry when the return fire hits home.

Well said. Especially that last bit.

:rotfl
OCD Trolling? This coming from someone with a post count of 10,999.
You sir - need to spend less time here and more time in the real world.

How is his post count relevant in any way?

I will continue to state my opinion for as long as I wish and it gives me great satisfaction to do it knowing that it pisses you off.

You realize you just defined yourself as a troll right?

supesmontage.png

Love this comparison montage. Are we all on the same page that these are two different head-sculpts yet?

I am buying this figure. And not a single ___ will be given.

:wave

I'm actually wondering whether there's some kind of copyright on the design of logo that they used in the Superman movies. Maybe HT had to change it so it didn't exactly resemble the movie version and hence could avoid paying copyright?

Considering all the legal wrangling between WB & the Shusters (and taking all the threads' current emotion & posturing out of the equation) about who owns what in terms of the logo, the costume, the origin story line, the ancillary characters, etc, that's actually not an unreasonable theory. I mean, they did have to change Whiplash's jumpsuit color from orange to brown to avoid a similar situation, and once you add the the lack of the smiley face button on The Comedian, it's not unheard of at all.

I personally think that HT is a very smart company & if they could do something about it, they would...but some things are just out of their control sometimes.

Something came to my mind checking the new sculpt. It seems theres a removable hair piece! What could this mean? Clark Kent transformation! :panic:

Something came to my mind checking the new sculpt. It seems theres a removable hair piece! What could this mean? Clark Kent transformation! :panic:

Not really seeing the removable part...

I don't think it's removable. It's probably just glued on to make it look more realistic than just painted on the forehead.

I don't think it's removable. It's probably just glued on to make it look more realistic than just painted on the forehead.

mmm that could be..but as far as I know this would be the only time its done like that. It looks removable imo.

Back