1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

What is the official word about this? Is the one picture we have of the supposed new sculpt official? Why keep it such a secret if it is? If Hot Toy's wants to sell more of these, it is in their best interest to update the sculpt pictures on the Sideshow website and come up with a few more photo's from different angles of the new sculpt. This nonsense is getting ridiculous.

These are already sold.

im bored.

must join forum battle.

must find something to complain about. hmmm...

got one!

WHY MY SUPER-DOLL NOT HERE YET?!!! very slow hot toy company. freorder cancel.

:wink1:

These are already sold.

Not all the regulars have been sold. Only the exclusive with the Kryptonite. People can still order these off of Sideshow's website. If they updated the sculpt to this new one on the Sideshow website, more would be pre-ordered.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901390

I like the improvements they have made to the head sculpt. They have also made the body a bit bigger.

The head sculpt is to small looking on this new bigger body though. They need to increase the size of the head sculpt a little.

if someone want to complain about the 's' or the curl or whatnot, just let them. i never understand why some people have to get so defensive about the fig they like. if you dont like the criticism, fine, but this is still a free forum for everyone to say anything about the fig, good and bad.

personally, i have no prob with the 's' at all. but if some perfectionist wants to be ____ about it, just let him. attacking him only makes one looks insecure. if the fig looks good enough for you, then why should it bother you if anyone else thinks otherwise?

and you cant blame cking for being ____ with superman. after all, he commissioned this:

ss12tp6.jpg

if someone want to complain about the 's' or the curl or whatnot, just let them. i never understand why some people have to get so defensive about the fig they like. if you dont like the criticism, fine, but this is still a free forum for everyone to say anything about the fig, good and bad.

personally, i have no prob with the 's' at all. but if some perfectionist wants to be ____ about it, just let him. attacking him only makes one looks insecure. if the fig looks good enough for you, then why should it bother you if anyone else thinks otherwise?

and you cant blame cking for being ____ with superman. after all, he commissioned this:

ss12tp6.jpg

The problem isn't about anyone complaining. It's about doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, well I think you get the idea now. :wave

ss12tp6.jpg

That is by far the best looking Superman sculpt I've seen yet. Is that a one of a kind?

@toylion:
thread is now on page 500. surely we can spare a few pages for one dude to talk about the inaccuracy of the 's'?

it's not the repeat of the complain that bothered some, it's the complain itself. if it's the repeat, then we would also see attacks on people who have praised this fig over and over and over, 500 pages worth of it.

Last edited:

That is by far the best looking Superman sculpt I've seen yet. Is that a one of a kind?
it's a 1/4 scale pf. only a few were made. i dont know the details. you should ask cking the next time he drops in.

it's not the repeat of the complain that bothered some, it's the complain itself. if it's the repeat, then we would also see attacks on people who have praised this fig over and over and over, 500 pages worth of it.

No, it's the repetition. Praise doesn't have a tendency to become more shrill every time it's posted.

i dont know, i read the same things you did. it didnt bother my ears. and i'm liking the 's' as is.

it's like this... everytime a hot cool fig is coming out, everyone is expecting a universal love and celebration. so when someone walks in and criticizes it, he'll get burned at the stake for being a party pooper. this has always been the trend, in any thread. imo, that's more lame-o than any whining and b*tching about a fig.

Thanks cr`
Nice to see Gruson's pic of the 1/4 scale Superman I commissioned again.
My own personal version of that statue was painted by none other than J.C.Hong (prior to him starting work at Hot Toys). :)

I admit that I've been posting a lot about the same thing in the last few days. However - it's really out of frustration because it seemed like nobody could understand why I was disappointed about the logo decal looking "off" compared to the original costume.

For all the posts where I've tried to make my point, there have been 10 or more counter-posts continually harping on about OCD etc. These people seem to completely miss the point and my replies fall on deaf ears. To the people who are happy with this figure "as is" - that's great. However - you can't get pissed off with those of us who are vocal about being disappointed that it's not more accurate. It's not a difficult costume compared to something like Captain America or Thor, but they still dropped the ball in my opinion and no amount of comedy Photoshop photos or video clips will change my mind.

Life goes on and I've still got mine on pre-order and will just make up my mind when I see it in person.

ss12tp6.jpg

Last edited:

I mentioned this a few pages back, but what if there are things about this figure that HT has no choice on?

HT may have had the perfect S on the chest, but were told by DC/WB to change it and use the one we see now.

The logo on Cking's unlicensed statue looks great, but he does not have licensing issues to deal with.

Me, I just want a great looking Superman figure that looks like Reeve. The other details, I could care less about. HT is giving me that.

It could well be issues beyond their control, that is true.
Yeah i'll be very happy if it looked on my shelf like it does in those latest pics.

But if someone offered movie accurate decal replacements would I get them? Probably.

Back