1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

camac, you've made your point. I don't see how your continuing to re-hash these arguments serves a constructive purpose. All you're doing is egging on these guys who keep insulting you.

review_htsupes_1.jpg

The 2 in 1 sculpt is a big improvement over that.
Though the sculpt is a bit too "soft" for my tastes, I would say that the main improvement of 2-in-1 over this one is paint job. After a decent re-paint, that V1 sculpt looks more like Routh than the 2-in-1 does.

Boys, boys...Can't we all just get along?....:dunno

btw, if anyone wondered, this was post numero uno for me in this thread...:banana...I was feeling left out...lol

And I agree...given that the lighting is different in both thos pics of BW and Supes, its not really fair to say one is a whole lot better or worse than the other...

Matt

Boys, boys...Can't we all just get along?....:dunno

btw, if anyone wondered, this was post numero uno for me in this thread...:banana...I was feeling left out...lol

And I agree...given that the lighting is different in both thos pics of BW and Supes, its not really fair to say one is a whole lot better or worse than the other...

Matt

All these photos come from Hot Toys themselves. You don't think they'll photograph all their products to show them in their best light?
This is becoming beyond ridiculous now.

All these photos come from Hot Toys themselves. You don't think they'll photograph all their products to show them in their best light?
This is becoming beyond ridiculous now.

Yes, I do...And personally, I think BOTH are awesome in realism to the individual actor...But doesnt change the fact that the lighting, shadow, whatever is different between the 2...Which is going to change how one may look at one photo compared to the other...So to compare "toy to statue" between the sculpts is not really fair...I dont think the Bale sculpt is THAT much better than the Reeve sculpt...But of course, that's just my opinion...

k, Im finished...Sorry, i tend to get wordy...:lol

Cummon guys don't you know that HT's instal ROSE-TINTED/ HOT TOYS BEER GOGGLEs with every purchase (their invisible, but smell induced hallucenogenics.)

...it's when women we meet start having that 'fresh Hot Toys opened box smell' that we should be worrying tho' :wink1:

Cummon guys don't you know that HT's instal ROSE-TINTED/ HOT TOYS BEER GOGGLEs with every purchase (their invisible, but smell induced hallucenogenics.)

...it's when women we meet start having that 'fresh Hot Toys opened box smell' that we should be worrying tho' :wink1:

a+bad+joke_4e9909_1634913.jpg

review_htsupes_1.jpg

The 2 in 1 sculpt is a big improvement over that.

Terrible superman film, horrible. Bryan did not get the character at all (shame, knowing the great job he did with the x-men), Superman returns is the worse big studio superhero movie ever.

Superman returns is the worse big studio superhero movie ever.
I thought that was 'Spawn'. :lol Actually.. I really like the Spawn film. :monkey3

Seriously though, I think 'Batman & Robin' will always be the undefeated champion for worst big budget superhero film.

Terrible superman film, horrible. Bryan did not get the character at all (shame, knowing the great job he did with the x-men), Superman returns is the worse big studio superhero movie ever.

Ghostrider and Jonah Hex were a lot worse than Superman Returns IMO

Superman Returns catches a lot of crap for a film that tried to extend the Christopher Reeve/Richard Donner films we all loved.

The biggest criticism I read over and over "there's no 'big fight'". We never see Superman face off against a big baddie with powers like his. I think people who just wanted to see a big fight are the ones who don't get Superman.

Superman isn't just a comic book character with powers, he's a hero. That was something Singer understood. Going across the universe to see if anyone might have survived the destruction of Krypton is the kind of noble behavior that fits his character.

It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was better than many fanboys will admit.

My girl and I watched Superman Returns again on friday. I honestly fail to see why some folks see it as crap and yet love the original first two movies. I love the first two movies but they are quite silly in parts.

I think Superman Returns is a great movie.

My girl and I watched Superman Returns again on friday. I honestly fail to see why some folks see it as crap and yet love the original first two movies. I love the first two movies but they are quite silly in parts.

:yess::hi5::clap

I didn't have any issues with it at all. Well..... Kate Bosworth was incredibly miscast. She had no feeling like she was playing the Lois we know from Superman I and II. I can get over that though.

Yeah, Bosworth was a bit blad.

But I never liked Kidder either. Sassy, sure, but just not pretty enough.
Best Lois in my personal opinion is ....Erica Durance.
I really felt like she had everything for the perfect Lois Lane.

I work with a couple of fanboys and they give me a hard time cause I like Superman Returns. I admit, its a flawed movie, there definitely room for improvement, but for the most part it was an enjoyable movie.
And I understood completely what Singer was trying to convey. Before the movie was made, a lot of sites states that a Superman movie is harder to make than say, Batman, because you have the here the mightiest hero. Basically almost a god. So, in essence, its harder to make a movie for Superman than a more complex character like Batman.
So Singer humanized Superman. Even with all his powers, he is subject to sorrow, jealousy, etc, like everyone.
A lot of people criticize the scene where Superman was eavesdropping at Lois' house. See, that's what the fanboys dont get, they're like, lol...Superman is reduced to stalker. But I love that scene, cause here is Superman, earth's mightiest hero, reduced to a jealous man. How many of us have had the miserable feeling before when a loved one has moved on and yet you still have feelings for the girl.
Also, him leaving earth to see if there are other kryptonians, its because he felt alone. I'm sure many of us at some point felt like were' just too different with a lot of people.
See, that's what Singer was trying to convey, Superman with his godlike powers are still subject to most of this things.
Heck, even when he lost all his powers, I felt sorry for him when he got his ass kicked, and its actually quite shocking to see it.

Now granted, it did use too much homage to the original, and a little more action would have really helped it. But otherwise, its a welcome addition to the original Superman.
Personally, for me, its the trilogy to Superman 1, 2 and this would be 3. The original Superman 3 and 4 dont really count, lol.

I work with a couple of fanboys and they give me a hard time cause I like Superman Returns. I admit, its a flawed movie, there definitely room for improvement, but for the most part it was an enjoyable movie.
And I understood completely what Singer was trying to convey. Before the movie was made, a lot of sites states that a Superman movie is harder to make than say, Batman, because you have the here the mightiest hero. Basically almost a god. So, in essence, its harder to make a movie for Superman than a more complex character like Batman.
So Singer humanized Superman. Even with all his powers, he is subject to sorrow, jealousy, etc, like everyone.
A lot of people criticize the scene where Superman was eavesdropping at Lois' house. See, that's what the fanboys dont get, they're like, lol...Superman is reduced to stalker. But I love that scene, cause here is Superman, earth's mightiest hero, reduced to a jealous man. How many of us have had the miserable feeling before when a loved one has moved on and yet you still have feelings for the girl.
Also, him leaving earth to see if there are other kryptonians, its because he felt alone. I'm sure many of us at some point felt like were' just too different with a lot of people.
See, that's what Singer was trying to convey, Superman with his godlike powers are still subject to most of this things.
Heck, even when he lost all his powers, I felt sorry for him when he got his ass kicked, and its actually quite shocking to see it.

Now granted, it did use too much homage to the original, and a little more action would have really helped it. But otherwise, its a welcome addition to the original Superman.
Personally, for me, its the trilogy to Superman 1, 2 and this would be 3. The original Superman 3 and 4 dont really count, lol.

well said! :clap Really all my thoughts right there along with what Kamandi said

also, just to add specifically to the bit in bold, Singer himself said that his Superman Returns was meant to be like the next movie after 2, as if 3 and 4 never happened in which I think he succeeded in doing

Superman Returns catches a lot of crap for a film that tried to extend the Christopher Reeve/Richard Donner films we all loved.

The biggest criticism I read over and over "there's no 'big fight'". We never see Superman face off against a big baddie with powers like his. I think people who just wanted to see a big fight are the ones who don't get Superman.

Superman isn't just a comic book character with powers, he's a hero. That was something Singer understood. Going across the universe to see if anyone might have survived the destruction of Krypton is the kind of noble behavior that fits his character.

It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was better than many fanboys will admit.

:lecture:lecture:lecture If taken in the context that it was a love letter to a bygone era of Superman and a fitting close to Reeve's legacy as Superman, it's a fitting piece.

well said! :clap Really all my thoughts right there along with what Kamandi said

also, just to add specifically to the bit in bold, Singer himself said that his Superman Returns was meant to be like the next movie after 2, as if 3 and 4 never happened in which I think he succeeded in doing

Ya well they cast a girl to play a women's role and I highly doubt sup drinks beer. "I never drink when I fly" - superman.

Now I did enjoy the movie a lot but it's deff flawed. I'd rather singer just made his own film of superman set in his own world. Singer is a great film maker. Even his misses drive in runs.

Returns is not a perfect film, but it is a good one. I can nitpick it but I'm more impressed by Singer's devotion to the old series. He made a genuine effort to live up to the Christopher Reeve films.

I love the big blue swooshing titles. I love John Williams theme music. I thought the emphasis on the characters was justified in Returns. I will miss those things in the reboot.

Brandon Routh paid the biggest price of anyone involved. He played it very close to Christopher Reeve's portrayal and it turned out to be a thankless task. His career is in the dumper and he doesn't deserve it. He could have been great in a sequel film.

I've felt for a while this film worked better as an end than a beginning. As an alternate closing chapter to Superman 1+2 it's successful and quite moving. If viewed as a beginning for a new trilogy it fails. It doesn't set the stage well for a Superman Returns Pt.2. On that level I'm glad there won't be another Singer Superman film.

Back