1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

25854017034988636034313.jpg

Great pics but isn't the S on the back too small?

:rotfl

Yeah, I want to enjoy celebrating this Historic Tribute Figure, and a Man can only take so much of this juvenile griping on EVERY FRIGGIN PAGE. And that's what it is, incessant griping.... hope this kid is getting off on the attention because that's all there is to it now until the prod is released. You made your point 50 pages ago newb, time to move on. :D

Waaaa-Waaaaa.... :pfft: :monkey4 :lol Enough is enough.

:goodpost:

Based on that shot size looks fine - but the style of the S itself is off lol

Wow, I don't remember the S on the back of the cape looking that sloppy/bad in the movie. It looks embarrassing. I think I'm remembering Dean Cain's yellow S on the cape instead. That looked nice and presentable. Personally, I hope Hot Toys decides to keep the S on the cape looking nicer than the film, like it is now. :monkey5

Wow, I don't remember the S on the back of the cape looking that sloppy/bad in the movie. It looks embarrassing. I think I'm remembering Dean Cain's yellow S on the cape instead. That looked nice and presentable. Personally, I hope Hot Toys decides to keep the S on the cape looking nicer than the film, like it is now. :monkey5

yea I'm not going to lie, Dean Cain's Superman Suit is one of the best of the superman suits IMO

Agreed. That was one of my favorites as well. :hi5:
I know it would never happen, but a would definitely but a HT Dean Cain Superman. :wink1:

Yeah, the 'S' on the back of the cape from the movie looks very sloppy. The HT 'S' on the back of the cape looks much better.

Being a newbie these might seem like stupid questions but I'll take my chances and ask anyway.

Is it common for Hot Toys to modify after they have released prototype pics?

If they do tweak the figure, do they release final product pics before pre-orders are shipped out?

Does anyone know for sure how the pre-orders are going with this? Has it exploded or is all the excitement just insular to a few threads?

I remember the cinemaquette and the hype around that and their orders didn't go much above 200 worldwide from what I've read.

I've also read posts that it's the highest pre-order in HT history - is this confirmed? or is it just someone getting crazy?

My questions relate to the possibility that it could be revisited in the future as a DX. If it falls below expected or required sales then this might be the one and only chance to get it close to perfect (more than it is now) If a few minor tweaks get it spot on then I want it done.

Also with the new Superman film on its way the focus by Hot Toys, Warner Bros. and anyone else involved will be promoting the new film and merchandise line for the next generation.

I can't help but think that after DC direct, Cinemaquette, Mattel and now Hot Toys - companies will be ready to move on to a new Superman.

Being a newbie these might seem like stupid questions but I'll take my chances and ask anyway.

*cracks knuckles*

Is it common for Hot Toys to modify after they have released prototype pics?
I don't know about "common" but HT has modified products after prototype pics were released before. And the funniest part is, even if the figure is drastically changed the box art will still feature the original prototype.

If they do tweak the figure, do they release final product pics before pre-orders are shipped out?
Sometimes, but not always. Sometimes all you get is the prototype images and then when the figure gets released everyone is surprised to find that changes were made. Sometimes HT highlights the changes with some new pics on their site/Facebook page. But they never re-shoot an entirely new crop of spec pics like the original batch. It's usually a few photos (with a plain white background) showing the changes. I think HT calls them "Backstage" pics.

Does anyone know for sure how the pre-orders are going with this? Has it exploded or is all the excitement just insular to a few threads?
People are excited, but the figure is still available for pre-order i.e. not sold out yet. So read into that however you want.

I remember the cinemaquette and the hype around that and their orders didn't go much above 200 worldwide from what I've read.
That piece was $2000 + S&H, with a limited production run and A LOT of people weren't happy with the finished product. I think the biggest factor would be price though.

I've also read posts that it's the highest pre-order in HT history - is this confirmed? or is it just someone getting crazy?
Unless HT/Sideshow released that information then it's just "someone getting crazy". :lol

From my POV (based on pre-order availability) it's on par with most HT figures. Just my opinion.

My questions relate to the possibility that it could be revisited in the future as a DX. If it falls below expected or required sales then this might be the one and only chance to get it close to perfect (more than it is now) If a few minor tweaks get it spot on then I want it done.
Based on what HT said, I honestly get the feeling this is a one-time deal. They already stated they have no immediate plans to do a CR Clark Kent which tells me they CAN'T i.e. their deal with CR's estate was just for a single Superman figure. Nothing more. Not a general license for the entire movie where HT could do several versions of a single character.

Also with the new Superman film on its way the focus by Hot Toys, Warner Bros. and anyone else involved will be promoting the new film and merchandise line for the next generation.
There was already a new film and new merchandise. And after all that, companies/fans still wanted Christopher Reeve Superman merchandise. So IMO even in the future that won't change.

I can't help but think that after DC direct, Cinemaquette, Mattel and now Hot Toys - companies will be ready to move on to a new Superman.
Nah.. oldies never die. :wave

yea I'm not going to lie, Dean Cain's Superman Suit is one of the best of the superman suits IMO

dean-cain-superman.jpg

Disagree. Big Granny underpants, the Blue spandex fits well, and the cape is good, but the S is awful, and so is the belt. The boots look like Wonder Woman's

Yo newb, they're doing tweaks on the sculpt which I happen to think is amazing as is so...

Maybe not spam the ____ out of this thread with the same mind-numbing crap 50 times over until we see the final product.

Yeah, I went there.
This board has a powerful 'ignore' feature. Use it! It works quite well - if there aren't too many quotes! :yess:

I don't mind the sculpt so much. I don't own a HT, SS or Medi product that is perfect and I shelled out money on them. It comes with the territory.

I will agree with the following complaints:
- The figure is not worth $209 (regardless donation and license fees)
- SS shipping crap is poor business practice

I said it a couple of pages back, but I like to support it again: I think likewise.

From Sideshow Collectibles Facebook Page
Attention Sideshow international and Canadian fans the Hot Toys Superman 12-inch Figure EXCLUSIVE is now available to you! If your order was cancelled last week please contact our customer service dept at 1-855-SIDESHOW
If only they'd extend the shipping discount to the orders for the exclusive now, then EVERYBODY would be happy.

Disagree. Big Granny underpants, the Blue spandex fits well, and the cape is good, but the S is awful, and so is the belt. The boots look like Wonder Woman's

Looks more like small hooker boots from the 70's. Suppose I could agree Wonder Woman. They look ridiculously soft.

Seeing that pic of Cain's Superman again, that does look horrible. We need a HT Jim Lee Superman.

Thanks Devil 666 for the reply post. (hope you don't get arthritis in those knuckles)

I guess the dilema for me now is how many do I pre-order. 1 is a given as it is now - but if they tweak it and get it close to that photoshop pic by Sebastien Columbo then I will want 3.

Do I take a leap of faith on Hot Toys and pre-order 3 or wait and have to pay possibly double?

What has everyone else done?

Need some experience and expert advice.

Back