1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

That SUperman suit wore by Cain was probably one of the worst Superman suit I've seen! IMHO only!

Yeah, nothing about Dean Cain as Superman is cool or interesting... if Soap Opera Superman is your thing I think it is time to leave this thread :lecture

wake me up when there are new pics.

don't wanna waste time anymore reading 'opinions' from nitpickers.

Wow, I don't remember the S on the back of the cape looking that sloppy/bad in the movie. It looks embarrassing... Personally, I hope Hot Toys decides to keep the S on the cape looking nicer than the film, like it is now. :monkey5

Agreed. Sometimes screen accuracy ends up being different than we remember stuff, as we fix on screen 'mistakes' in our mind. I like it when set/prop mistakes and sloppiness is fixed on a 1:6 representation.

...the one black tusk on Sideshow's Darth Vader still bugs me...

dean-cain-superman.jpg

Disagree. Big Granny underpants, the Blue spandex fits well, and the cape is good, but the S is awful, and so is the belt. The boots look like Wonder Woman's

I don't get it either. I don't want Supes with an iron-on S, as you stated, granny panties, funky non-matching red Gestapo boots and a blue jazzercise suit. If he's preferred, I'd suggest checking those who do, check their trousers to make sure they still have their kibbles and bits. :cuckoo:

Here's another PS'p pic, I'm not great at this but I think it's a little better.

The "S" Shield should be a tad larger on the cape and the chest IMO.

25854017034988636034313.jpg

Yeah i do think it needs to be larger in both places too slightly, to be honest. Maybe moreso on the chest than the back

I can only feel sorry for people young enough to have grown up thinking this is what Superman should look like.

:wave

I think if you grew up with the Dean Cain Superman it would be a different story to the ones who don't like it. Those of you who grew up with Reeve see him as your true superman. Just all depends on when you saw them and the impact it had. I saw Dean Cain first and love the show and suit. You older guys saw Reeve first more than likely so you have more love for him as Superman. I personally don't have any preference as I've enjoyed all those who've played him. Even though I wasn't born at the time, i still love watching the George Reeves series and Max Fleischer cartoons.

In regards to Cains red underwear, I don't think Reeve's are any better. I personally prefer the more modern/updated look of Routh's "boy shorts" as many call them

Last edited:

Yeah i do think it needs to be larger in both places too slightly, to be honest. Maybe moreso on the chest than the back

Yep, needs to be even larger on the chest. And the boots do look "plasticky" -- maybe HT should consider using a different material to simulate the leather look, but don't hold your breath.

Yep, needs to be even larger on the chest. And the boots do look "plasticky" -- maybe HT should consider using a different material to simulate the leather look, but don't hold your breath.

Well i do think the boots 100% need to be changed because as they are, they are not looking poseable! That's terrible if you want to pose him flying.

I just PO'd this I can't wait. As for the discusion of who (Actor) best portrays Sups, it, I supose it is a question of generational gap. I was born in '70 so Reeve best represents the character of Superman. :peace

Seeing these new pics I'm not really digging the wired cape.
I've never liked wired capes anyway, it's difficult to get them to look right, the wire always ends up with an unwanted twist somewhere that you just can't work out.
Maybe HT should include two capes?
The fasteners on the shoulders also look a bit dodgy, hopefully HT will use smaller ones. I think DML or DiD pioneered the use of really small ones, made in transparent plastic (or maybe it was Medicom).
Finally, the boots look pretty "plastic-y", but that may be due to the terrible photography. I fully don't expect the figure in hand to look like the last batch of pics.

Seeing these new pics I'm not really digging the wired cape.
I've never liked wired capes anyway, it's difficult to get them to look right, the wire always ends up with an unwanted twist somewhere that you just can't work out.
Maybe HT should include two capes?
The fasteners on the shoulders also look a bit dodgy, hopefully HT will use smaller ones. I think DML or DiD pioneered the use of really small ones, made in transparent plastic (or maybe it was Medicom).
Finally, the boots look pretty "plastic-y", but that may be due to the terrible photography. I fully don't expect the figure in hand to look like the last batch of pics.

The boots have to be prototypes. They have a seam running down the front and back. Look like the old '60's Captain Action boots. I don't see any seams like that on any other Hot Toys boots.

Those boots have to just be prototype. Very raw and just bad looking. Looks like they were made from candle wax..... The finished product will be "seamless" and tailored. The Ghost Rider boots that just came out are amazing, HT's knows how to do boots.

Back