1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Seeing these new pics I'm not really digging the wired cape.
I've never liked wired capes anyway, it's difficult to get them to look right, the wire always ends up with an unwanted twist somewhere that you just can't work out.
Maybe HT should include two capes?
The fasteners on the shoulders also look a bit dodgy, hopefully HT will use smaller ones. I think DML or DiD pioneered the use of really small ones, made in transparent plastic (or maybe it was Medicom).
Finally, the boots look pretty "plastic-y", but that may be due to the terrible photography. I fully don't expect the figure in hand to look like the last batch of pics.

that would be nice, I think half of the ppl will display him in a normal, non action pose, so the cape should flow more natural.

Yep.

yep.jpg

Those look like Halloween costume boots. Look at the velcro closures on the back:horror Surely those are not CR's boots:(

Will this be Hot Toys first Overproduced figure??

This is really a sad day for me when it comes to Superman. My Superman which I have followed for 35 years is really coming to a end and being replaced by a Character that just doesn't not resemble the Iconic Hero that has becomes such a important part of my life thanks to my Father ( God Rest his Soul). Through all the reboots and changes in the way Superman has been written the character himself has always looked and felt like Superman.

This is really tough.

Are you referring to the figure or the reboot?

Appears the Cape needs a change of material, too. Some may like the wired cape, others not, but it is essential for flying poses. Again, prolly just a mock up. Also, and I think this was already mentioned, but I hope the feet flex enough for flying poses. Seems this might be an issue, but with proper flexible rubber or whatever the feet should be able to do this.

Here's another PS'p pic, I'm not great at this but I think it's a little better.

The "S" Shield should be a tad larger on the cape and the chest IMO.

25854017034988636034313.jpg

This is most likely the best feet flying pose we'll get, articulation wise...

htsupermanpr8.jpg

Last edited:

Reboot. Sorry.

Just ranting.

No problem, never can tell in this thread. :p

This is most likely the best feet flying pose we'll get, articulation wise...

htsupermanpr8.jpg

I wonder if the head was still full attached for that shot... I'm guessing he might be like Iron Man where you have to pop the head off and rest it on the neck post to get a realistic flying pose.

I wonder if the head was still full attached for that shot... I'm guessing he might be like Iron Man where you have to pop the head off and rest it on the neck post to get a realistic flying pose.

Looks like forced perspective. The angle isn't as extreme as it looks.

Good point. Obviously his eyes can't look down so those flying poses will be ineffective or limited, but looking straight out or using the iconic final fly shot in space will look terrific.

I guess you just have to try this with another figure with a similar neck to find out.

This is really a sad day for me when it comes to Superman. My Superman which I have followed for 35 years is really coming to a end and being replaced by a Character that just doesn't not resemble the Iconic Hero that has becomes such a important part of my life thanks to my Father ( God Rest his Soul). Through all the reboots and changes in the way Superman has been written the character himself has always looked and felt like Superman.

This is really tough.

I know that reboots for the most part can't compare to the originals, but the reality is that without the reboots you would not be able to truly appreciate the originals. And like wise sometimes the reboots in conjunction with new technology can better represent the characters that we love to read in comics. Finally by having reboots you draw more attention to the comic world which means that more customers will go to the comic shops to buy comics, and therefore keeping the comic shops in business so that we can continue reading our favorite stories.

I have no Problem with Reboots. I've lived through so many from DC it makes my head spine. My problem is they are taking away the iconic look and Feel of Superman. For those who don't understand picture taking Jesus and putting blue jeans and a Flannel shirt on him and saying this is what Jesus is now. NO, Superman has gotten bigger then the medium that created him. Part of the main reasons Superman Returns sucked so bad was because they took way to many liberties with the suit. All DC is doing is alienating the long time readers who have kept them in business for years staying faithful to the product through one ____ty writer after another when it comes to Superman. The Character is not the problem it's those who are handling the Character who are to blind to see they are the real problem.

I have no Problem with Reboots. I've lived through so many from DC it makes my head spine. My problem is they are taking away the iconic look and Feel of Superman. For those who don't understand picture taking Jesus and putting blue jeans and a Flannel shirt on him and saying this is what Jesus is now. NO, Superman has gotten bigger then the medium that created him. Part of the main reasons Superman Returns sucked so bad was because they took way to many liberties with the suit. All DC is doing is alienating the long time readers who have kept them in business for years staying faithful to the product through one ____ty writer after another when it comes to Superman. The Character is not the problem it's those who are handling the Character who are to blind to see they are the real problem.

i have to disagree to some degree. maybe b/c I'm of a younger crowd, but I've been reading superman as long as I can remember, even the older comics as I've gone back and read those as well and I honestly don't feel any sort of alienation brought on by DC. I'm not so bent on having "my superman" stay the same forever. I love seeing all the incarnations, different suits, differnt stories, different worlds. It's part of the comic book world. I can't imagine comics without change. i couldn't imagine how many times the X-men costumes have changed over the years. look at how Iron man originally started. Imagine if they went with that look for the movies? things have to change as there will always be new and younger readers who need their own generation of comics, just as we have had ours.

I do agree with your last few lines in that Superman is not the problem, it's the ppl who handle him are. but i say give Snyder a chance. It's already being run into the ground by pure assumption of how it might be before it's even seen the light of day. None of us know how the new movie will turn out, so just like I did with Nolan's batman, I'll wait to judge it when i finally see it

i have to disagree to some degree. maybe b/c I'm of a younger crowd, but I've been reading superman as long as I can remember, even the older comics as I've gone back and read those as well and I honestly don't feel any sort of alienation brought on by DC. I'm not so bent on having "my superman" stay the same forever. I love seeing all the incarnations, different suits, differnt stories, different worlds. It's part of the comic book world. I can't imagine comics without change. i couldn't imagine how many times the X-men costumes have changed over the years. look at how Iron man originally started. Imagine if they went with that look for the movies? things have to change as there will always be new and younger readers who need their own generation of comics, just as we have had ours.

I would almost argue that if Superman had initially undergone as many changes in the past, as he's had in the past couple decades, he wouldn't have been around today for you to enjoy. The whole "energy" Superman of the 90's is still a pimple on the ass of DC.

I would almost argue that if Superman had initially undergone as many changes in the past, as he's had in the past couple decades, he wouldn't have been around today for you to enjoy. The whole "energy" Superman of the 90's is still a pimple on the ass of DC.

LOL yeah that was such a joke :cuckoo::rotfl

Trust me I understand where you are coming from. I have 3 boys and naturally they are into the same things that I am. I have a hard time watching some of the cartoons that they watch. There is a new version of Looney Toons, which we all grew up and loved thanks to Mel Blanc. The new version is nothing compared to the original. So when my kids told me they wanted to watch the show I found myself telling them that that was not the real Looney Toons. I then took out a LT collection DVD and played it for them. "This is the real LT" I told them. In the mist of all that my wife told me that to them the newer version was what they wanted to see. I think sometimes we get caught up with nostalgia of our youth and forget that though it's ok to criticize, we must also understand that times change (partially due to technology) and more is expected. We may not like it, but it is what it is.

The "S" Shield should be a tad larger on the cape and the chest IMO.

25854017034988636034313.jpg

As far as the back of the cape, you have to remember that pic isn't a straight on shot. Look at the feet: the figure is standing kinda sidewards so the "S" shield on the back of the cape is skewed i.e. it's bigger on the right side and tapers in going towards the left.

Here's the screen worn cape from the first two Superman movies that sold for $18,000 back in 2010:

31540c.jpg

In this pic (teaser of the upcoming MILK magazine article):

253172_170797302982268_138228759572456_453019_499993_n.jpg

If you squint (lol) and look at the very last pic, you can see that the "S" shield actually covers a large area of the back.

Back