MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wambulance_logo.jpg

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly: :goodpost: (for once)

In my initial excitement and awe at this figure I thought I had to have 2 so to display both outfits but...think I'll cut it back to 1. With the T1 figures starting up I'll definitely be buying multiples there and I just can't do the same with every license.

So swapping out the outfits and guns every once in a while will have to do.

This is the best toy of Stallone to date. He's had licensed toys and other products made with his likeness for what, over 25 years? This one blows them all out of the water.

Dear Hot Toys, Please redefine the Barney Ross's (Stallone) upper body (torso). The protoype's torso looks too fat. The torso should be leaner and more muscular. Just review the movie and stills again.

With some luck, this bulkier body was mixed together to also be used for Rambo 4. HT still reuses bodies when they can and makes compromises. The T-800 body is bigger than he was in T2 and smaller than T1 so it can be used for both.

What are the chances of HT releasing more Sly figures? Although Barney's head sculpt is excellent I'd love to have the younger Sly(without the overdone eyebrows and a goatee). It's true that HT released several Rambo's but today's quality standards are in a different league. To me the older figures look like toys with some resemblance, and I don't care too much for them at all. How many of you guys would be interested in Rocky I? I would imagine a lot more than Barney Ross.

Not me. For younger Stallone I'd prefer a Rambo or Demolition man or even Cliffhanger. Action films as opposed to a sports film.

I am late to the game and I haven't visited this thread in a few days but the pics from plastic enemies :thud:

There are slight inaccuracies but folks are reaching when complaining the sculpt doesn't resemble Sly at 60+ or the body isn't right. No figure is 100% accurate regardless how well done but this figure is up there in the well done category. I mean really........

Really.......:slap

:nono Don't feed the trolls. :tap
someone else saw things differently and immediately he's called out as a troll. this happens in every thread when discussing any figure. it's a lame tactic, and it was stupid the first time i saw it and it's getting dumber and dumber the more time the geeks here use it.

the previous poster does have a point:

sylvester-stallone-in-the-expendables-2.jpg

I don't see the draw of having him shirtless. He's never shirtless in the movie. He looks way better with a shirt on.

but of course you're right.

Back