MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a person with 100-200+ action figures is not obsessive but one with a focused and in depth collection is? Not sure I follow you.

Eh? So you really don't think buying three of the same figure is even remotely obsessive? LOL
Hey all the power to a-dev coz he'll have a kick arse collection i'm sure :clap.
Just my opinion pally:peace

Eh? So you really don't think buying three of the same figure is even remotely obsessive? LOL
Hey all the power to a-dev coz he'll have a kick arse collection i'm sure :clap.

No I don't, hense why HT's made 3 different sculpts LOL. Plus looking at Ebay prices (for parts) you'd be nuts to not just buy multiple figures and sell the spares off later.

No I don't, hense why HT's made 3 different sculpts LOL. Plus looking at Ebay prices (for parts) you'd be nuts to not just buy multiple figures and sell the spares off later.

I would have to agree. With the prices of these Hot Toys, the best way to go is to buy a bunch in the beginning and sell them off later if one was to change their mind. Even if it is open box you can still part out or sell as MIB. Going the eBay route for parts is always a hit and a miss. It seems to always be a miss to me since I don't see myself spending 1/3rd the cost of a figure just to get their head.

Well yeah, to someone else it'd be a very boring collection, but then we don't collect these things to impress other people.

It is obsessive, no argument there.

I might still get this figure :)

I might have some extra cash flow coming too me.

I hope so because this figure rocks!!!:rock2

Except for that one scene when he didn't have shirt. ;)
i meant the last part of his sentence - this fig does look better with the shirt on, hence i dont mind much the inaccurate torso. the only time i want a bare-chested sly on my toy shelf is when he's wearing boxing gloves or a red headband anyway. :)

Point or no, it's this over critical bull____ that's ruining this forum for everybody else. Instead of posting it here, if the self proclaimed expert on accuracies had any balls, he'd post it on Hot Toy's Facebook page and be done. Pointing out inaccuracies when it's blatantly clear HT's getting more mileage off the Arnie body is redundant. What's more is continually jumping on the "inaccuracy" bandwagon makes douches feel entitled to go overboard when through natural progression the figure is refined from prototype to production. They somehow feel they're solely responsible. Look around. It's made the Aliens & Robots boards all but unbearable and 100x worse than the ____tards counting Stormtrooper teeth in the Star Wars boards. So again I say, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
not everyone has to sing in the same choir. taste and eyesight varies. you never spoke out against inaccuracies of a fig? never ever in this entire forum? it's you who are acting like a troll putting other geek down for his slightest of comment. i'm actually with you regarding this fig - it does look good, even as is. i just never understand this 'fanboy' mentality that everyone has to be in agreement, or else. you just need to calm down.

cheers! :peace

not everyone has to sing in the same choir. taste and eyesight varies. you never spoke out against inaccuracies of a fig? never ever in this entire forum? it's you who are acting like a troll putting other geek down for his slightest of comment. i'm actually with you regarding this fig - it does look good, even as is. i just never understand this 'fanboy' mentality that everyone has to be in agreement, or else. you just need to calm down.

cheers! :peace

It's plaguing just about every Hot Toys thread. Self proclaimed "accuracy expert" douchebags start nitpicking eyebrow replacements, minor lip inaccuracies, freckle misalignment, etc., and the whole thread just goes down hill from there deteriorating into utter taint sucking ____. It'd be nice to have at least one, JUST ONE MEASLY, HT thread not go that route because some moron thinks their childhood is being raped because HT sculpted Sly's eyebrows a little too arched and the mods are too chicken____ to say anything about it. If you don't like it, pass. Or wait to nitpick until you see production samples. Is that too much to ask? :huh

Back