MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody have a lead on where to find a 1/6 cockatoo? I'd like one for my kitbashed Vanko.

DSC03226.jpg

DSC03225.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pics!!^^^^

Can anyone recommend a good orange dye ..i went a bit pale on my pants so i want to try and fix it, after i will do real burns with a lighter.

Calcifer, you should try PM'ing Buttmunch. I remember he went through quite a few different dyes to get his just right.
BTW, I'm still looking for suggestions for a cockatoo to go with my Whiplash..anybody?

Just got Whiplash this week, but I have not unboxed yet.

Can someone please recommend a site or video explaining how to bleach the pants to get them orange?

Thank you. Looking forward to opening up this bad boy. :)

Just got Whiplash this week, but I have not unboxed yet.

Can someone please recommend a site or video explaining how to bleach the pants to get them orange?

Thank you. Looking forward to opening up this bad boy. :)

Just got him? Aren't you impressed how fantastic this very very underated figure is? One of HT's best! The detail and sculpt are unbeatable!:clap

I last week bought this figure complete but with no box on eBay for $91 from a local seller. It seems like a pretty good price. I don't value the box that greatly but it seems like an incredible price if it had the box and just pretty good without.

There was just one other bid placed and if it wasn't for that I would've got it for $81. The reason that it went for so low I think was because the seller gave it an incredibly poor title: 'Iron Man 2: Whiplash Figure.' That describes all sorts of crap, from a $2 figure to a $200 figure. If I hadn't been searching for 'Hot Toys' within descriptions (rather than just titles), I wouldn't have seen it.

Anyway, the figure arrived a few days ago and it looks perfectly fine except one part is broken... The thing on his shoulder that leads the hose/cord to his back has come free. You might say it's not 'broken' exactly, just 'unglued.' Has anyone seen this sort of damage before, anyone had the same thing on theirs?

The shoulder thing clips back into place and holds fine if you don't touch it and so with a little glue it seems like you could get it back to looking factory new, but the clear pipe, getting that to stick in properly and glue seems a little tougher to get perfect, to match the other side.

Other than that, all seems fine. What would others do here though, if they bought this? The seller used an official picture and described the condition as "Mint has been on display." I think though the break took place before it was sent because I'm pretty sure the parts weren't together when I opened it. Given the price though, and the nature of the problem, would you complain or take any action?

I don't have my normal camera here at the moment and so these are just crappy phone pictures. The first is the broken part pushed back into place. It's on his right side.

5670662747_271245d59d_z.jpg

And here's the broken part shown completely removed:

5670662875_f8425dbfe3_z.jpg

Also, perhaps a rather stupid question, but when would people ever use the fist hands? Is there any pictures of people posing with the fists? It seems like to use them you'd want to remove the tubes going down his arms or otherwise you'd have these loose tubes just hanging in the air, no?

I would just leave it, I am of those who would consider it "unglued" rather then broken, and for the price you got it for i'd say it's best to keep it.

This is a very common problem with this figure. If you watch The Josh' youtube review or Moggies, they both had this problem. So I would just glue it. Also be aware of the knee pads, the side piece which connects to the strap, is held in place with tiny pin and breaks easy.

Heres a pic I took using the other hands.I just pulled the wire out a little to hide it. When Whiplash is first revealed he's not holding the whips.

DSCN6076.jpg

Just got him? Aren't you impressed how fantastic this very very underated figure is? One of HT's best! The detail and sculpt are unbeatable!:clap
I still have him in the box, but yeah, I've seen all the pics and I can't believe that I wasn't going to get him initially.
I'm glad I did. :yess:

This is a very common problem with this figure. If you watch The Josh' youtube review or Moggies, they both had this problem. So I would just glue it. Also be aware of the knee pads, the side piece which connects to the strap, is held in place with tiny pin and breaks easy.

Heres a pic I took using the other hands.I just pulled the wire out a little to hide it. When Whiplash is first revealed he's not holding the whips.

DSCN6076.jpg

:lecture Nice!

Thanks for the answers/tips, Centrocal and Calcifer. I was already planning to accept it but I just wanted to see if anyone thought I should do otherwise, make sure I wasn't missing some point.

I looked up The Josh's review, it's here if anyone else wants to see the problem in more detail:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oja_STpuLAI"]YouTube - Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Whiplash 1:6th Scale Figure[/ame]

This is a great figure; I hope I won't regret not getting it but there are too many great figures coming out that I can't afford. I'm holding out for final battle Whiplash.

Back