1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I sure hope so. :pray: I have been looking for a DX02 Batman for a "decent" price with no luck.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't sell mine for cheap just because HT says we're doing another. For one they've annouced so many figures that we yet to them actually produce.

Ofcourse not saying that they won't make another batman fig, sure they will. It will be updated but some of those changes could prove to be a con rather than an intended pro.
For example, I for one am not completely happy with the posability of the 89 batman in the new material of his suit to avoid the leaky rubber issues. They could make the same call on the new batman fig which would ensure no leaks yes, but also may restrict movement even more than the dx02's current rubber. Until I get the new DKR fig in hand and see how it compares to my dx02... To me, it's worth every bit of 3 times more than original retail. If I were you I'd keep an eye out for the best price for a non leaky dx02 but not feel bad about securing one at a higher price than what is projected by those with "the new ones coming so the dx02 is almost worthless" mentality.

I sure hope so. :pray: I have been looking for a DX02 Batman for a "decent" price with no luck.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't sell mine for cheap just because HT says we're doing another. For one they've annouced so many figures that we yet to them actually produce.

Ofcourse not saying that they won't make another batman fig, sure they will. It will be updated but some of those changes could prove to be a con rather than an intended pro.
For example, I for one am not completely happy with the posability of the 89 batman in the new material of his suit to avoid the leaky rubber issues. They could make the same call on the new batman fig which would ensure no leaks yes, but also may restrict movement even more than the dx02's current rubber. Until I get the new DKR fig in hand and see how it compares to my dx02... To me, it's worth every bit of 3 times more than original retail. If I were you I'd keep an eye out for the best price for a non leaky dx02 but not feel bad about securing one at a higher price than what is projected by those with "the new ones coming so the dx02 is almost worthless" mentality.

I hear ya. I didn't think I would find one for $100 or anything, but ebay starts at like $575, or around there.

picture.php

Hey Maglor or someone on this thread that owns a DX02. Can one of u please tell me how to remove the backpack off him without using too much force? I'm trying to remove it off mine but too afraid that i might damage the figure if I force it. I had the backpack on ever since I got it like almost a month ago and I want to swap it out with the cape. So please, someone.

Hey Maglor or someone on this thread that owns a DX02. Can one of u please tell me how to remove the backpack off him without using too much force? I'm trying to remove it off mine but too afraid that i might damage the figure if I force it. I had the backpack on ever since I got it like almost a month ago and I want to swap it out with the cape. So please, someone.

lightly pull the bottom of the backpack off and it should pop off. Then carefully lift the backpack up and it should slide up. Hope this help!

I just apply a little downward pressure on the top of it so it can easily slide down and out since its pretty much an upside down hook attachment. The shoulder "straps" easily slide out once it's disconnected from the back.

Yeah, what they said. :)

Thanks a bunch u guys. I'll try to remove it when I have some free time. I'll let u know if I still got problems. Hopefully not. This is my favorite Batman figure of all Hot Toys Batman until TDKR if they ever do make a better version. :)

I just apply a little downward pressure on the top of it so it can easily slide down and out since its pretty much an upside down hook attachment. The shoulder "straps" easily slide out once it's disconnected from the back.

Your method was really helpful. Thank u. Push down on the shoulders and out from the lower part. And the rest is out and about. :hi5:

That's a great idea!Looks great in the first pic - I feel his arm looks a little thin in the second. Perhaps using a different true type would improve it?

DC Direct 13" Dark Knight figure has a great material underneath it's armor for that mod.
I got one for sale if anyone is interested.

That's how they should do the next suit... mesh with sculpted pieces glued on top.

That mesh looks cool tony.
Your mods including the vader stuff is outstanding.
Any particular plans for the DX's biggest miss... The neck?

The modded thicker Medicom neck is perfect, wish the dx was the same.

DC Direct 13" Dark Knight figure has a great material underneath it's armor for that mod.
I got one for sale if anyone is interested.

are you parting it out or selling the whole figure?

That's how they should do the next suit... mesh with sculpted pieces glued on top.

LOL, yeah, that would be nice. I would like to see that.... :)

That mesh looks cool tony.
Your mods including the vader stuff is outstanding.
Any particular plans for the DX's biggest miss... The neck?

The modded thicker Medicom neck is perfect, wish the dx was the same.

yes, the neck is in the work right now, show picture real soon. Just got the neck mesh done....

Look forward to seeing this finished. The Slim TT arm is way to thin without padding.

yea, the slim tt arm is thin, I already swapped the arm to the regular TT body, and its still too thin...., either I sculpt a new arm or padded up more.

so far this is just test fit, the actual mesh sleeve is done, and I'm installing it right now. The new color is much more close to the movie and HT figure. Will post up picture soon.

here is the new color versus the old black(holding with my wounded thumb) LOL. the Neck Mesh is on, not done yet.....

DSC06907360x640.jpg

Sweet!!! Looking forward to see your neck mod soon.
Very curious also to see the rest of the mesh mod.

Look forward to seeing this finished. The Slim TT arm is way to thin without padding.

No kidding. He wouldn't stand a chance against Bane if he was really that scrawny in film unless he can bust out some Bruce Lee moves. :lol

Back