1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Might try to get my hands on a Superman Returns figure though... should be fun posing it next to the Reeve figure.

if you're willing/ have the money to spend the $300 on it, then go right ahead...i will envy you for awhile as I want the 2-in-1 version :(

Thanks again for all the advice guys. The seller is a Top Rated seller and didn't even give me any grief over this, just said to send it back and that Ebay would cover the shipping costs of sending it back (hope that's true). I took the figure out again and removed his belt and found that underneath his belt he was extremely oily, even worse than I'd thought.

That said, I also took the opportunity to pose him a bit. I have to say that in hand, he's an extremely impressive figure -- even my girlfriend was blown away by him. However, he's basically incapable of being posed. You can't lift either of this thighs, nor can you raise his arms anywhere close to a punching position. That rubber suit renders him stiff beyond poseability, which was a bummer. I don't think I'm going to try and find a DCD version of him, just 'cause...what's the point? He's basically a doll in a rubber suit.

Anyway, thanks again for all the advice on this. It was nice to own a DX Batman, even if only for a few days.

Sorry to hear you had problems with your DX Bat, Tick-Tock. :(

I'm just relieved and got lucky I was able to pickup a MIB DX02 from the DCD batch for a reasonable price with no problems.

if you're willing/ have the money to spend the $300 on it, then go right ahead...i will envy you for awhile as I want the 2-in-1 version :(

I think I'd be alright with just the regular version... don't really need or want Clark Kent.
Not to derail the thread, but are there many differences between the single and the 2 in 1 versions?

I think I'd be alright with just the regular version... don't really need or want Clark Kent.
Not to derail the thread, but are there many differences between the single and the 2 in 1 versions?

well the 2-in-1 you get the movie accurate suit is the real difference since you're not interested in the Clark Kent parts. and the HS is more accurate to Brandon Routh in the 2-in-1 rather than the V1

Yeah, that's a real caveat for me. It's also why I feel DX02's kinda inferior to MMS71. I have both and I really love the latter more.

Except it wasn't a caveat, 'cause you bought it. Not sure what I'm going to do.

well the 2-in-1 you get the movie accurate suit is the real difference since you're not interested in the Clark Kent parts. and the HS is more accurate to Brandon Routh in the 2-in-1 rather than the V1

I see, so is the V1 suit very off?

The rubber suit is softer so it's able to maintain more poses. It's also the one that can ride the Bat-Pod the best.

Aesthetically, it won't compare to DX02, though. It also suffers from beer belly and the armor is more accurate.

Both version really boils down to whether you're the function over form guy, or vice versa. I'm more of the former, but I bought the DX02 since I want to complete the Batman line.

Not if you pose it right.

Except it wasn't a caveat, 'cause you bought it. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Touche :) It was one of the main reasons why I held off buying one. I really bought one recently because someone sold me a DCD batch for close to SRP (it an offer no one can refuse) and the fact that despite all the minuses of the figure, I know I had to get one just to complete my Batman figures :( Yeah, being a completist is a real pain :(

If the lack of articulation really bothers you (which is understandable since it bothers me as well), you can go for the MMS71. It has a few advantages to the DX02 beyond articulation, like how the cape sits better at the shoulders (but can be customized in DX02) and the eyes doesn't look like Batman's always surprised (since it doesn't have PERS).

Aesthetically, though, DX02 trumps MMS71:

_DSC2891.jpg

Not if you pose it right.

Hahaha true that as well.

They both look like poop with the stock capes.

:monkey3

Home made black towels. :D

The eyes look fine. Unless you have him look up with eyes looking down.

and the eyes doesn't look like Batman's always surprised (since it doesn't have PERS).

That's EXACTLY what I said and it started a ____ storm on these forums. People are so horrified that they spent a gazillion dollars on a figure that not only has horrible QC problems, that not only has no articulation, but that has eyes that don't really resemble Bale's, that they can't countenance any discussion of the matter. Those of us who haven't taken the plunge yet, though, are a bit more open-minded about the matter.

That said, your side by side photo comparison says it all. The DX looks better, hands down -- even if both those capes look like crap. The genius of the DX, of course, is that he doesn't need a cape at all.

^^it's not that we're upset about how much we spent on it, or at least I'm not. You must realize that not everyone's going to have the same opinion as you sir. I had all the beliefs that you have now about the DX as I had the Medicom TDK Bats first, but once I bought the DX I was (and still am) very impressed by the figure. I don't really care about the articulation b/c it's not like I have a batpod to try to put him on, and I'm not one for very dynamic poses like crouching and such. Some say they can't the "fighting" pose out of him, well I tried it and it worked. some are just too afraid that they may rip or stress out the rubber suit. I figure, I payed that much for it, I'm going to try to put it in all the poses I want.

So I mean, to me it doesn't have too big of eyes. nor does mine at the moment have any kind of problems. I say, don't talk down a figure unless you have it. once you have it, and you still feel the same way, then well you can pat yourself on the back and say to yourself, "I knew I was right about this figure." until then, please don't act like you know more about this figure than those who own it just b/c you've seen this fig in pics. pics for this figure are very deceiving as they are with most figures b/c a picture will never capture a figure nor even a human being perfectly to the "t". for instance the neck is horribly long in pics which I will agree upon, but in-hand I have no problem with the neck.

just saying man, everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to them just as you are so don't get mad b/c everyone's not agreeing with all the problems you have with it.

^^it's not that we're upset about how much we spent on it, or at least I'm not. You must realize that not everyone's going to have the same opinion as you sir. I had all the beliefs that you have now about the DX as I had the Medicom TDK Bats first, but once I bought the DX I was (and still am) very impressed by the figure. I don't really care about the articulation b/c it's not like I have a batpod to try to put him on, and I'm not one for very dynamic poses like crouching and such. Some say they can't the "fighting" pose out of him, well I tried it and it worked. some are just too afraid that they may rip or stress out the rubber suit. I figure, I payed that much for it, I'm going to try to put it in all the poses I want.

So I mean, to me it doesn't have too big of eyes. nor does mine at the moment have any kind of problems. I say, don't talk down a figure unless you have it. once you have it, and you still feel the same way, then well you can pat yourself on the back and say to yourself, "I knew I was right about this figure." until then, please don't act like you know more about this figure than those who own it just b/c you've seen this fig in pics. pics for this figure are very deceiving as they are with most figures b/c a picture will never capture a figure nor even a human being perfectly to the "t". for instance the neck is horribly long in pics which I will agree upon, but in-hand I have no problem with the neck.

just saying man, everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to them just as you are so don't get mad b/c everyone's not agreeing with all the problems you have with it.

The problem wasn't that everyone wasn't agreeing with me. It was that no one would so much as broach the topic without losing their sh$t. At a certain point people need to say: I am a grown man. This is a doll. My life will not end if EVERYone does not worship my expensive doll.

Oh, and keep up with the thread. I DO own this figure, I just bought it and am about to return it, due to the fact that it has turned out to be such a piece of crap. :horse

The problem wasn't that everyone wasn't agreeing with me. It was that no one would so much as broach the topic without losing their sh$t. At a certain point people need to say: I am a grown man. This is a doll. My life will not end if EVERYone does not worship my expensive doll.

Oh, and keep up with the thread. I DO own this figure, I just bought it and am about to return it, due to the fact that it has turned out to be such a piece of crap. :horse

oooh so you're the one who got the oil abs and didn't know what to do with it. I keep up with the thread, just don't look at who writes what, just read what's there. Didn't seem like you thought it was such a piece of crap when you were talking about it. you seemed to have liked it besides that fact that it was leaking.

alos the reason why I didn't think you were the one with the oil is b/c you said "those of use who haven't taken the plunge yet" which to me meant you hadn't bought the figure yet

it seems more like now that I said something that you are saying that it's a piece of crap

I know you said other things about the articulation but this kind of proves my point in the line above:
That said, I also took the opportunity to pose him a bit. I have to say that in hand, he's an extremely impressive figure -- even my girlfriend was blown away by him.
It was nice to own a DX Batman, even if only for a few days.

you can say all the crap about the DX as you want, I can care less as I'm still glad I have mine. and you were warned like everyone else has been just like I was about the possibility of leaking with this figure and were warned to be extremely sure that if you were to buy one that you should be completely positive that it is the DCD if you want less possibility of leaking.

I'm not trying to start a battle with you man, just don't be a hypocrite and say it's an impressive figure then say it's a piece of crap.

Last edited:

This happened to me.

and that's why it's cool. you had problems with it got and still felt the same so now you're making the Medix, which btw, I still can't wait to see finished up :hi5:,

which boots are you using btw Ed for the Medix? HT or Medicom? if the you're using the Medi boots, would thou be interested in selling said HT boots to you're buddy? lol

I'm not trying to start a battle with you man, just don't be a hypocrite and say it's an impressive figure then say it's a piece of crap.

It is an impressive figure, no doubt about it. It's also of such low quality, functionality and durability that I'm sending it back. Not trying to fight either, but I'm certainly not going to be told I can't express an opinion about a toy until I purchase it, that's silly. Does that mean I can't express my opinion about a political candidate before I vote for him? I voted for this figure and lived to regret it. A Porsche that can do 180 and looks amazing but doesn't start half the time is still called a lemon. I'm glad most people who bought this Batman enjoy him, kudos to you guys. That doesn't mean those of us who weren't lucky and/or found more cons than pros must shut the hell up and go away. I mean, seriously, where else am I going to complain about a $250 toy? A toy forum seems like the apropos place to me.

^^I get you man, the DX didn't fare well for you and like I said I dont mind you not liking it b/c as I previously stated everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect what you have to say about it and your reasoning.

Lets just shake hands and bury the hatchet mate...cool?

Back